Status: Momentarily On Hold

50 Myths That Could Ruin Your Life

Horror Flicks

I dragged myself through the front door, feeling like a zombie. I was praying that my father would be asleep, and as I passed through the kitchen, I blew out a sigh of relief upon seeing the dark living room.

He’s probably…

The lights flicked on, and there was my father, sitting on the couch, staring at me like a mass murderer in a horror movie.

… not waiting for me. Totally.

Myth #30: Fathers who are usually easily pacified cannot be scary.

Damn.

“Hey, dad.” I waved and smiled.

He glared. “You should’ve been home an hour ago.”

“Um. Well, actually, you never actually gave me a set time.” I pursed my lips awkwardly.

Dad blinked. “I… what?”

“You didn’t.”

He looked taken aback. “Oh. Dang. Must be getting old.” He shook his head and stood up. “Well, did you have fun?”

“Oh, yeah!” I must’ve sounded too enthusiastic, because he looked at me suspiciously.

“Uh… huh.”

“… yep.” I nodded. I faked a yawn and said, “Oh! Oh boy, I sure am tired. I should go to bed.” I faked another yawn. “Oh, Jesus! See, I really do need to go to bed.”

“Right, right. Goodnight, Carla.”

“G’night, Dad.” I rushed upstairs as he turned away and stumbled towards his bedroom.

--

I woke up the next morning to my phone vibrating. I checked my inbox to see a bunch of texts from Miranda. They mostly consisted of, “WAKE UP!” and “IT’S URGENT.” I sat up and leaned up against the headboard, pressing the send button to call her. It rang about 6 times, and I started to get angry.

Myth #31: It’s totally cool to send someone a million texts and not answer when they call you.

She picked up at the last second, saying, “Finally.”

I was a bit miffed, which was to be expected, all things considered. I’m not exactly a morning person. “Finally? What do you mean, finally?” I snapped. “I should be saying the same to you.”

I heard her huff and I could practically see her rolling her eyes at me. “Whatever. Listen to me, Carla. Shit went down last night.”

“Shit happens a lot,” I said, examining the little hairs on my legs, with a mental reminder to shave later.

“Yes. But this is shit involving you.”

This caught my attention. I looked up, as if I was actually speaking face-to-face with Miranda. “What kinda of shit?”

“The romantic kind, as it usually is.”

“Romantic? With... ?”

“Alec. And, well, Brian.”

“Please elaborate,” I told her as my imagination ran wild. Fighting, yelling, screaming, bloody noses—

“Brian’s been telling people that Alec’s… well… not being faithful. To you.”

“Excuse me?”

“Yeah.”

“Um.”

“Yeah.”

“What… the fuck?” I couldn’t fathom what I had just heard. “Who the hell does Brian think he is? To have the audacity to spread filthy lies about Alec like that. I knew he always hated Alec, ever since the day they met!”

Myth #32: It’s normal for people to be generally nasty when coming out of a bad breakup. Especially when they dump you after cheating on you.

Makes sense, right?

Uh, wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know. I'm such a bitch, right? Saying I would update more often, blah blah...
But... I mean...
I'M ON SUMMER VACATION. AND... AND I'LL TRY.
You guys, I'm trying. I really am. I just had so much. I won two writing contests, though! In real life, not online contests. But anyways. I... I missed you guys. :(

THANKS TO THOSE WHO COMMENTED. I'M TIRED AS FUCK, SO I'LL DO ALL THE COMMENT STUFF NEXT TIME I UPDATE. PINKY PROMISE. <3
--Kat