Status: Momentarily On Hold

50 Myths That Could Ruin Your Life

Me.

School.

High school.

Don't you just hate it sometimes?

I know I do.

Here's another history lesson.

My history, anyways.

I had a best friend. Liz. Blonde, bubbly, blue-eyed, naïve. We met when I transferred to a different elementary school in the fifth grade.

She's where myth #3 comes into play.

You know how it goes, don't you?

Girl sees popular boy.

Girl changes for popular boy.

Boy notices girl.

Boy goes out with girl.

Girl gets popular.

Girl dumps boy and goes out with an even more popular boy.

Oh, yeah. And girl becomes a bitch and sits at the throne of the social hierarchy.

Sound familiar? I'm sure it does. Every popular girl started out as a nice best friend to someone else. That's just how it goes.

Now... I haven't had exactly the best of luck with friends.

For instance, my best friends at the moment are Brandon and Miranda.

Brandon's gay.

Everyone loves a gay guy, yes?

Yes, and no.

Yes: All the girls love having gay best friends.

However...

In my high school, if you're not straight, blonde, and shop at American Eagle, then you're at the bottom of the food chain.

Brandon's gay, brunette, and shops at Hot Topic.

And Miranda? She's probably the most normal one out of all three of us.

Well, Miranda's one of those people who just loves Gothic Lolita.

Which makes her a freak.

It's not like she goes around wearing it, she just likes it. Everyone knows it. She's quite pretty, and she doesn't wear gothic stuff, but since she's Brandon's friend, she's near the bottom.

And me? I'm Hispanic. So, dark skin, dark hair, dark eyes, and hell, I like Hot Topic. People usually assume I'm not Hispanic due to my name, that maybe I just got the freak end of genetics, but no. My dad's white. Mom's hispanic.

Anyways. The three of us? We're quite close to the bottom of the food chain in school.

How close?

We're right above the nerds.

Myth #5: Everyone has an equal chance of surviving high school.

Oh, please. Brandon's almost suicidal, with the way things have been lately, and to be honest, fifty percent of the Royal Court will end up flunking out.

Not that I wouldn't be happy about that.

Oh, wait. There's something I might've left out.

Myth #6: Once a popular, always a popular.

Not a chance.

I'm living proof of that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, still, and no dialouge, but the next chapter is where we'll jump right in.
Come on, feedback?
Keep or throw away?