Status: Momentarily On Hold

50 Myths That Could Ruin Your Life

If Life Were An Essay Question.

Myth #12: The relationship between a parent and a child is never awkward.

“Hey kiddo.” My dad rushed out of the house. “How’ve you been?”

I grabbed my bag out of van and shut the door. I set the bag on the ground as I turned around to help Emma with her bag. “I’m good.”

Dad nodded. “Good, good.”

Yeah, thanks for the insightful conversation, Dad.

I shuffled my feet back and forth slightly. I heard faint music, and slapped Alex in the arm so he would turn his iPod volume down. He rolled his eyes but did so anyways.

Uncle Eddie cleared his throat, interrupting the awkward silence. “Well, Tom, I’ll see ya again next week.” He hugged his brother and climbed into the van.

I watched him drive away, cursing my lack of transportation. I turned back around, faking a smile, and picked up my bags. “Alright, let’s go inside.”

~

“Please,” I begged.

“No.”

“Please!”

“No,” my father answered calmly.

“Please?”

“Hmm… No.”

“Why not?”

“Because I said so.”

Myth #13: When parents say no, they always have a reason behind it.

“If that was an essay question, Dad, you’d fail that sucker so bad.”

“Good thing we’re not in school right now, yes?” Dad flipped the page of the newspaper.

“GOD! Come on, Dad!” I threw my hands up in the air. “I’m not grounded, I have all As, I did all my chores already, so what’s the problem?”

He sighed and closed the newspaper. “Who’ll be there?”

“… Miranda?”

“Anyone else?”

“Probably not. Brandon, maybe.”

“You know my rule, Carla.”

“Which one, Dad?”

“At most, three guys more than girls. That’s it.” He looked at me, glaring.

“Sure, sure.”

“How will you get to the movies?”

“Uh, Miranda said her parents could pick me up. Or you could drop me off.”

“Are there going to be drugs?”

“Dad, we’re going to the movies and then to the mall. No, no drugs.”

“Will there—”

“No alcohol, no sex, blah blah blah,” I interrupted him. “Can we stop with the interrogation now, Detective Tom?”

He rolled his eyes. “I guess you can go…”

I squealed and threw my arms around his neck. “Thanks, Dad!”

Myth #14: Your parents are out to make your lives miserable.

~

“Do you see him?”

I stood on my toes and craned my neck to get a better view of the people coming from the parking lots. “Uh, not yet. Just wait, he’ll find us.”

Miranda snorted. “Please. He wouldn’t find us if we had a piece of cardboard on the floor with you break dancing on it while I rap, Carla.”

“Realistic scenario, Miranda. That’ll happen any day now. I’ve been expecting my super-awesome-ninja-dancing skills, but I know you just got your rapping skills.”

Miranda rolled her eyes. “Yeah, yeah. But still, he’s just that oblivious.”

“Are, are you guys talking about me? I’m touched.”

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I turned around and saw Brandon standing there, grinning. “Oh, and I invited some people from a different high school, if you don’t mind.”

I looked at Miranda, and she shrugged. “Yeah, whatever.”

“Good, but, Carla, I don’t know if—” Brandon was interrupted by a group of teenagers that came up to us.

“Brandon!” A guy hugged him. He spoke to Brandon quietly. I was trying to see what they were saying, when Miranda tapped me on the shoulder. “Hey, Carla?”

“Yeah?”

“Your dad will freak if he sees this.”

I turned my attention to the group that had just joined us. They were all guys, and there were at least ten. “Um… we can hide them when he comes pick me up?”

“If you think that’ll work,” Miranda said.

“Carla?” someone asked from behind me.

“Yeah?” I asked, turning around.

Lo-and-behold. Brian. My ex-boyfriend. My first, and most recent, boyfriend.

Myth #15: It’s easy to get over your first relationship, even if it ends in heartbreak.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M BACK, BABY!! HOOSHAAAAA! :DDDDDDD

How you guys like the new layout? [EDIT: OH AND KRISTEN (DANNY WORSNOP.) MADE IT. MY BAD. I FORGOT. XDD I LOVE YOU. XDD)

I should explain for my... um... being gone. I started high school, and got into drama, so I've been whirlwind crazy, and also, I had a list of myths, about 20, but I kinda sorta left it in London. DX Ugh. SO SEND ME SOME MYTHS!

Thank you
Haiiihatersx3
Danny Worsnop.
childhoodsxhour
pr3ppyem0
Bull.
sydneyraex3
for commenting. :)

Also, Vintage Hearts made my banner. I won it in her contest. :D

Comment/Sub?

--Kat :)