Status: Momentarily On Hold

50 Myths That Could Ruin Your Life

What teenager actually LIKES their job?

I slumped against the counter of the local Publix. I was currently the only teenager working there, so boredom was my constant companion. I was only working to get gas money, nothing serious. “Johnson!” my boss, Mr. Walker, snapped.

I sat up immediately. “Yes?”

“Quit slacking and get to work!” he ordered.

I bit my tongue and flicked on the light of my register, even though no one was in the store. After a half-an hour (I kept track, trust me), I finally had a customer. She was a middle-aged woman with blonde, pixie-cut hair, wearing a very unflattering purple flower-patterned shirt, black pants and black shoes. I flashed her a smile and greeted her. “Hello, how’re you today?”

She mumbled something as she dug around in her purse. She retracted her hand, clutching coupons. “Here,” she said, thrusting them at me.

I smiled and took them from her. I checked them and saw that they had already expired. I handed them back to her with a smile. “Sorry, ma’am, but these aren’t valid.”

She scowled. “Yes, they are,” she insisted, “I got them from yesterday’s newspaper!”

Myth #20: The customer is always right.

God, I hate that saying. No, ma’am, you are wrong. If you don’t believe me, look at the damn coupons. Jeez.

I winced. “Sorry, ma’am. They’re expired. They expired at the beginning of this year.”

Her scowl deepened. “No, that can’t be! I got them yesterday!”

I sighed inwardly. “I’m sorry, miss, but if you look at the date—”

“I don’t care about the stupid date!” she roared.

I blinked, then glared at her. “Ma’am, do not take that tone with me.”

“Young lady, I’ll have you know—”

“Is there a problem here?” someone interjected.

The devil-woman and I looked behind her.

I stared in shock at Alec, clad in the standard Publix uniform. White shirt, Publix vest, black pants, and… black Vans. Same as me.

The woman stabbed a finger in my direction and said, “This young lady is claiming that my coupons have expired!”

I rolled my eyes.

“Well, ma’am, it may be true…”

The woman huffed and opened her mouth to say something.

“However,” Alec added, “to make up for the inconvenience, we will give you valid coupons.” He gestured at me, and I reached underneath the counter, got them, and handed them to her.

The woman sniffed. “Hm. Thank you, young man. At least someone here is helpful.”

I took the coupons the lady wanted to use and rang up her total in silence. Once she had paid and was out the door, I breathed a sigh of relief. Then I remembered Alec. I looked up at him. He stood in front of me, arms crossed, with a smile I would have classified as a smirk. His eyes held a teasing glint to them.

“Wh—what’re you doing here?” I stammered. As soon as the words left my mouth, I winced and mentally cursed. Since when did I stammer?

He shrugged. “I work here now.”

“Are you stalking me?” I asked teasingly, grinning.

He laughed and shook his head. “If you hadn’t been working here first, I’d say you were stalking me.”

I laughed, even though it sounded like something I would do. I am human, after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SORRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY. D':
I've been busy.
but the next chapter has already been written :D
Myth #20 courtesy of Sehnsucht. she gave me, like, 25. xD I love her.

New story. Read? Please? My Escapade

Free kisses from Alec go to
Danny Worsnop. >> Meanie. He preferrs Carla :P
Sehnsucht. thanks for helping me out with that. I got a bit messed up. I was in such a hurry to update. x333
AnimeloverXxRayne Thanks :D
mufasa Actually, I realized he (Brian) has the same name as my ex D: Well, my new ex. From after I made this story. xD So I kneed him, if it helps. x33
ElyRae xDDD I know. Thanks <3
AnimeloverXx :O THANKS! That'll go well with the ending. >:D

Comment/sub?

Kat :D