Status: I'm gonna find out who killed her.

Be Strong Little One

Shocked?

I folded up the letter and put it in my backpack. Rachel was dead. A suicide that I guess wasn't a suicide. But she wasn't where I needed her. I needed her here. My mom had said it'd be better for her to go to Texas with our aunt, but Rachel wouldn't stand it. So she killed herself, well that's what everyone believes. Rachel and I had a relationship just like any other brother and sister. We would fight to worlds end but she was always there to listen in the middle of the night. I remember going into her room and waking her up one night 'cause our parents were fighting. She hated to be woken up but I could get away with it. Now the only contact I had with her were these letters I guess. We used to talk like we were best friends. I missed her, more than I thought I would.

"Troy you ready?" I looked up at my mom.

"Yeah. I guess." I paused, got up, and walked to the bus stop.

"Okay." She paused, reading my face, "I miss her too Troy." I just nodded.

School passed like any other day. Rachel's friend Jenny asking how things were really going. Ever since Rachel died Jenny had taken it upon herself to take care of me. At least Jenny was cool She was insane, but the little insanity made her so much fun to hang out with. I walked home, I usually took the bus, but I didn't feel like it today. My mom was still at work. She taught at the same school I went to so she was always thirty or so minutes late. I started practicing drums, remembering when Rachel would yell me because I didn't do it right, but how proud of me she was at concerts. I missed her yelling sometimes. I put my drum sticks away and grabbed some paper..
♠ ♠ ♠
The story is written in Troys POV for the most part. If it changes I'll tell you. Chapters will be shorter but comments are welcomed :)