Innocence

Chapter 16

Image

"Are you sure you don't want to try to catch a fishy?" Brian asked waving a fish he had just caught in my face.

"Get that away from me!" I yelped, jumping behind Matt.

"May I help you?" He asked, turning to look at me and smirking.

"Just make Bri keep that damn fish away from me," I mumbled, burring my face in his back.

"Leave her alone, Bri," Matt said, laughing.

"I'm glad you're getting a laugh out of it," I said, rolling my eyes.

He turned to look at me, but didn't say anything. He just stared at me; I didn't know what to say. "That suit looks good on you," he said, smiling softly.

I shrugged. "I think Val bought it for me. Bikinis aren't really my thing." They actually made me feel self-conscious.

He bent down to whisper in my ear. "You're beautiful, no wipe that look off your face." When he stood back up, I looked at him with wide eyes. "Now, want to have some fun?" He smirked, holding up the bait.

Let's just say that Brian wasn't too happy with us for a while... But he didn't mess with me anymore!

"Hey, Manda." I turned to Zacky who had called me, but before I knew it, someone grabbed me around my waist and jumped off the boat with me.

I came back to the surface and saw Jimmy grinning at me. "You butt head!"

"Well, if this is the only way to get you to have fun and let loose, then so be it."

I glared at him slightly. "I'll show you fun." I tried pushing on the top of his head to make him go under, but that didn't work to well...

Soon, all the guys were in the water, messing around. Poor Johnny is always the one to get picked on.

"Ah!" I screamed, jumping onto the closest person, which just so happened to be Matt. The Universe is seriously against me.

"What's wrong?" Zacky asked, looking at me like I was crazy.

"Something slimy just touched me!" I was crawling further up Matt, trying to get out of the water.

"Hey, Manda, calm down," Matt said, trying to get a hold of me.

"You know I don't like when fish touch me." Yes, that was one of my fears. It might seem stupid to most people, but I had an incident when I was younger with fish and it left me scarred for life.

"Manda," Matt held my face so I was looking at him. "You're okay; it's just a tiny little thing that is probably curious. It's not a shark, it won’t' hurt you, I promise." I hid my face in his neck, feeling ridiculous. "You're alright."

"I feel stupid now," I mumbled.

"You aren't stupid, don't say that."

"Everything okay?" Brain asked, rubbing my back.

"Yeah, something just spooked her."

"Aw, it's just a lil' fishy. He won't do much, probably just nibble on your toes." I looked over at him as he smiled.

"I feel ridiculous. I'm a grown woman, and a fish freaked me out."

"You are fine," Matt said, kissing my forehead.

"I'm just going to go back on the boat."

"You sure?" Brian asked, frowning.

"Yeah, I'll just get some sun; get rid of this white skin."

"That's a good idea. You're kind of blinding me," Zacky said, pulling his sunglasses over his eyes.

I rolled my eyes, and went to pull away from Matt, but he kept his hold on me. I looked at him and gave him a confused look. "Mind if I join you?" He asked soft enough to where the guys couldn't hear.

What was I supposed to say? I couldn't say no, but what would happen if I did say yes?

"Sure."

The rest of the boys stayed in the water, obviously sensing something. Thanks, Guys...

We went to the other side of the boat, so the guys couldn't mess with us. After I laid my towel down, Matt decided to lay his right next to mine. Oh, he is so playing a game... "It feels so nice being out here," he sighed, lying down.

I nodded. "It does."

We just sat there, soaking up the sun. It did feel nice to get out and just relax. I'm glad the boys kidnapped me. If they hadn't, I would still be lying in bed, depression taking over me.

"What're you thinking about?" Matt asked softly, looking over at me.

"Just thinking that I'm actually relieved that you guys brought me out here. I owe you for that."

He reached over and stroked my hair. "You don't owe us anything." It felt like he was staring at me for ages, before he leaned in, and kissed me. Of course my idiot mind let him.

I am seriously mental...

He moved so he was above me, as his hands caressed my curves. I moved a bit so it wasn't so awkward and accidentally brushed against his lower half. "You're going to be the death of me one day," he laughed, laying his head in the crook of my neck.

I couldn't move. I didn't want to move. This was what I missed most about us, just lying in each other’s arms.

"Have I told you how much I love your tattoo?" He whispered in my ear, before nipping at the skin just below the tattoo. A groan escaped from my lips and I felt him smirk against my skin.

"And you talk about me." He laughed as he kissed down my neck. "No, Matt. Not with the guys around." He sighed, but nodded, knowing I was right.

When the boys got back on the boat, I couldn't help but laugh. "What's so funny, Missy?" Jimmy asked.

"I guess you boys forgot to put on sunblock, eh?" They all groaned when they looked at each other. "Nice, guys nice."

"You're supposed to remind us," Zacky said, grabbing a towel.

"You're big boys! You can take care of yourselves, or at least that's what I thought." They all sent me glares as I just smiled.

"Brat," Bri mumbled under his breath.

They would most likely get me back for this later...

Image