Innocence

Chapter 17

Image

"You're going to starve, you can't just eat smores and rabbit food this whole trip," Brian said, giving me a stern look.

"It is not rabbit food, and it's not like we're going to have fish the rest of the week," I said, rolling my eyes.

He sighed. "Just saying."

"You say a lot."

He glared at me, before throwing a chip at me. "Shut up, Little Girl."

"Bite me, Old Man."

"Okay, children," Zacky said, laughing.

"Do you want to start the fire while we clean up?" Johnny asked Matt as he stood up from the table.

"Sure." He shrugged. "Want to help me?" He asked quietly, while standing up. I followed him over to the pit, getting some wood. I wrapped my arms around myself as I gazed out at the lake. "Go grab my sweatshirt; I don't know if Val packed you one."

"I'm fine," I said, shaking my head.

"Manda, just go grab it," he said, giving me a small smile. I rolled my eyes and went into our tent to grab it. "Feel like going for a swim later?" He asked after I came back out.

I gave him a weird look. "What?"

"Let's just go out later."

I was confused, but nodded anyways. "Okay..."

"Smores!" Jimmy yelled running over to the fire with the marsh mellows.

I laughed, shaking my head. "You're so ADD."

He pouted. "I am not!"

"Keep telling yourself that, Buddy," Brian laughed, patting him on the back.

"Manda..." Zacky whined, giving me a small smile.

"What?" I whined back.

"You should make my marshmallow for me." He batted his eyelashes for more effect.

I sighed. "Hand it over." He did a little dance and handed his poker and marsh mellow.

"Why is she making your marshmallow?" Brian asked.

"Because she's the best!"

"Why are we friends with them again?" I asked Matt.

"I've been asking myself that same question for years."

"God, I love smores," I moaned, sitting back in my chair. If I ate anymore, I would probably explode.

"You know, you shouldn't make sounds like that," Matt whispered in my ear.

Okay, what was up with all of these remarks and comments? It was making me feel weird, but at the same time... I liked it.

I was half asleep, when I felt someone shaking me. "What?" I grumbled.

"Let's go for a swim," Matt said, kissing my cheek and pulling me up.

"Huh? Now?" I tried rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. After I was up, he walked me down to the lake.

"I would strip if I were you," he said, smirking and started taking his shirt off.

Alright, now I was awake. "What are you doing?!"

"Shh." He laughed and started working on his pants. "You've always wanted to go skinny dipping, so why not now? There's no time like the present." I looked at him like he was on crack. "Chicken," he taunted.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "I am not a chicken."

He shrugged. "Could have fooled me."

I huffed, and started undressing. "Shut up," I said, pointing at him while he smirked.

He held his hands up. "I wasn't saying anything."

"You were thinking something."

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Get your ass in the water, Sanders." I walked towards the water, and slowly stepped in.

"At least the water's warm," Matt said, smirking and looked down. "But the air seems to be a bit chilly." His fingertips gently brushed against my peaked nipples.

I took in a sharp breath. "Matt..."

"Shh." He pressed his lips to mine to silence me. His hands found my hips and pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and let him hold me.

He was playing it cautiously, so some hidden part of me that was bold and daring, pushed things further. I slipped my tongue into his mouth and wrapped my legs around his waist. He groaned and cupped my butt in his hands.

"Oh God," he moaned as I started moving my hips against his.

I pulled away from him after a few minutes and smirked. "Aren't we supposed to be swimming?" I asked slyly, moving away from him.

"No," he whined, reaching for me again.

"No, Mr. Sanders. You asked me to come out to swim, so let's do just that." I smirked, turning away from him.

"Woman, you are seriously going to kill me!"

"Looks to me like someone needs to learn some self-control," I teased.

"Oh, I'll show you self-control." He suddenly came after me. I laughed, trying to get away from him, but he caught up to me easily. "Last I checked, you weren't too patient," he said, holding me.

"Patience and self-control are two different things," I said, laughing.

He shook his head. "Shut up." He pressed his lips to mine, yet again, and wrapped my legs around his waist. I groaned into the kiss when I felt his arousal against my thigh.

Suddenly, something snapped into my head. I pulled away from Matt, shaking my head. "What are we doing?" I whispered, looking down.

"Manda-"

"No." I pulled away from him and headed for the shore. "I can't believe I'm doing this."

"Manda, come back."

"No, Matt I can't do this." I threw my clothes back on and headed for the tents.

"Amanda." Matt grabbed my arm and stopped me. "I don't understand, what's wrong?"

"I can't do this, Matt. The thing with us is in the past. If we keep this going... Something's just going to happen again. I'm not going to put myself in that position again."

"Manda, come on, let's just talk about this," he said, pleading.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry."

Image