Innocence

Chapter 2

My breath caught in my throat when I noticed who was standing in front of me. "Hey! I just saw you at the airport!" Leana said, putting her hands on her hips.

"You two met?" Zacky asked, confused.

"I accidentally bumped into her when we were coming to get you guys," Leana explained.

"I'm sorry," I choked out, before turning and heading back inside.

"Manda! Amanda! Where are you going?" Mom asked, following after me.

"I can't believe you're doing this to me," I said, putting the beer I was holding down on the coffee table, before heading out the front door.

"It was just a small get together. They just got home."

"And I did too, Momma! Sorry that I didn't exactly expect my day to turn out like this." I took a deep breath once I started walking down the sidewalk. "I know you only mean well, Momma, but I can't do this right now. I can't just sit there acting like everything is okay."

She stood in front of me to stop me and made me look at her. "You need to put these things behind you, Amanda. Those boys have missed you ever since you left. They ask every year at Christmas if you're going to come home. And when I tell them no, it's heartbreaking to see their faces. Don't punish them for something that you're still trying to run away from. You need to just put things behind you."

Well that's a slap in the face if you ask me!

I sat down on the curb and rested my arms on my legs. I was having a battle in my mind, trying to figure out what to do.

I came here to spend as much time as possible with my dad. But I didn't expect to be forced to sit around with my once best friends. What were they going to say to me? What would they do?

"You look like you could use this." I snapped out of it to see a beer bottle in my face.

"Thanks," I told Brent as he sat down next to me. "Damn, girl. Don't chug it." He laughed. "Don't worry, there's plenty more in there."

"What the hell am I going to do, Bren?" I asked, laying my head on his shoulder.

"I have an idea," he said, standing up. "Kenna!"

"Now that's just cruel," I said, glaring up at him as he just smirked.

"What, Brent?" She asked, skipping out to us.

"Do you want Manda to stay?"

"Of course I do! What kind of question is that?"

"Well, she was thinking of leaving," he said, shrugging.

She turned to me with those sad, brown eyes. "What?"

I groaned. "You are so messed up, Brent."

"Nope, this is messed up." He took my beer from me and handed it to Kenna, before picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder. "Take us to the back, Kenna!" He said, walking after the little girl.

"Brent, I swear to God if you drop me..."

"Don't worry, I won't," he said, before laughing.

"I don't like that laugh!"

Luckily, he had picked me up so that I was upside down and could see where he was walking. "Look what I picked up!" He said, picking me up and holding me above his head.

"Brent!" I shrieked.

"Put the poor girl down," Suzy said, shaking her head.

"But this is so much more fun!"

"Put me down, you ass!" I growled at him.

"I didn't hear a please," he said mockingly.

"Okay... If you please don't get me down in the next five seconds, I will cut your balls off and feed them to the ducks!"

"Okay," he said, shrugging.

But, of course it would be just too simple to put me down on my feet. No, he was going to throw me in the pool.

"Brent!"

He laughed, before setting me down. "Chill, Manda, I’m just messing with you."

I glared at him, before punching him in the crotch. "Oops, it slipped," I said, walking away. Instead of grabbing the beer, I grabbed an un-opened bottle of Jack. I took the top off, before taking a swig. It was going to be a long night...

"I love you, Manda..." Brent said, looking at me with an innocent face.

"Sure you do," I said, rolling my eyes and sitting next to my dad. "Suzy, do you have any Advil? Or anything stronger than that," I mumbled the last part, but still got disapproving looks from both Suzy and my mother.

"Only if you don't drink anymore tonight," she said stubbornly.

"Never mind, I'll deal with it." Everyone went on with their conversation, as I sat there, looking at the ground. I knew I wasn't going to get out of here, so maybe if I just sat here quietly...

"Okay, I can't do this." Fucking Brian... "Are you seriously going to sit there all night without even saying hi to us?" He asked me.

"Hi," I whispered, not looking up at him.

"You have five seconds to give us a hug, before we come after you," Jimmy said seriously. I knew he wasn't kidding...

"Five."

Nope, not moving.

"Four."

They won't do it.

"Three."

What the hell? Short Shit's in on it too, now?!

"Two."

Oh God... I think they are going to do it...

"One!"

Fucking run!

I was out of my seat as fast as I could, with all of them on my tail. "Come back here, Missy!" Jimmy yelled after me.

"I didn't think you guys were being serious!" I yelled at them.

"Now that's hard to believe," Zacky laughed.

"Gotcha," Brian laughed, stepping out in front of me and grabbing me.

"Brain Elwin, you never change!" I yelled, smacking him in the chest.

He just continued to laugh, "of course not! Now give me a proper hug," he said, holding his arms out. I sighed, rolling my eyes. "She can never resist," he said, laying his head on top of mine.

"Cheater," Jimmy said, glaring at Brian.

"My turn!" Zacky yelled, pulling me away from Brian. I was passed around like this to every one of them... Except Matt, that is. He just sat back with everyone else.

Of course this hurt. But I couldn't say I didn't expect it. "Just go give him a hug," Jimmy whispered into my ear.

"It's not that easy, Jim," I mumbled.

"You hoe! You better come give me a hug!" I heard Val yell.

I laughed, before walking over to her. "Oh, so you go and give her a hug willingly? I see how you are," Johnny said, crossing his arms and pouting.

"That's 'cause I'm sexier," Val said, smirking.

"Hells yeah, Baby," I said, wrapping my leg around her. All of their jaws dropped.

"What the hell have you been doing these last four years?" Brian asked.

I rolled my eyes as I gave Val a hug. "Bitch," she said, slapping my arm. "Why did you do that to us?!"

"I'm not getting into this with you right now," I said, going and grabbing my bottle of Jack away from Zacky who pouted. "Suck it up."

"Gladly," he smirked.

I gave him a blank look. "Perv."

"Only for you, Baby."

"How come I didn't get to slap you?" Brent whined.

"What? You want slap me? Alright, go ahead, right here," I said, sticking my ass out.

"Yes!"

"Don't even think about it," Papa said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"But, she sai-"

"I don't care. I'm still your father."

Everyone was cracking up by now. "Lil' Manda is still getting Brent in trouble," Val said, laughing and shaking her head.

"Damn straight; wouldn't be normal if I wasn't!"

Maybe this would go smoothly... I'm praying it will...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha... I liked the end... Poor Brent.