Innocence

Chapter 25

Image

I was getting settled into my room, when I got a call from Brian. “Hey, Manda we’re all going down to the bar to just kick back in about an hour or so.”

“Okay, I think I’m just going to stay in tonight, get ready for tomorrow.”

“Are you sure? Just come down for like, an hour,” he said, trying to negotiate.

“Yeah, I’m sure, Bri,” I said, laughing lightly.

“Alright, we’ll be down there if you change your mind.”

“Sounds good, I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”

We hung up and I went to change into shorts and a tank. Just as I was about to get into bed, there was a knock at my door. I just figured it was one of the guys trying to get me to go down with them. When I opened the door, I suddenly wished I hadn’t.

He slipped through the door and immediately locked it behind him. “Please just talk to me. I can’t take this silence from you. Tell me you hate me, scream at me or hit me even! Just… Anything.”

I crossed my arms over my chest and just shrugged. “I don’t know, Zack. You’re with Gena, I know that and I’m okay with it. I mean, you guys have been together, so it makes sense.”

“It’s complicated, Manda… I just,” he sighed, running his fingers through his hear. He looked at me for a few minutes, before grabbing me and kissing me. I pulled away, shaking my head.

“No, Zack, we can’t and you know we can’t.”

He pulled me into his arms and looked me in the eyes. “She doesn’t need to know; no one needs to know. Just you and me, Baby.” He ran his hands down my back and towards the bottom of my shorts.

I pushed him away from me, suddenly becoming angry. “No, Zachary! I’m not going to be that kind of girl. I’m not going to be your little whore on the side while you have Gena to go home to.”

“Hey, who said anything about being a whore?”

“That’s what a whore is, Zack. A whore is someone who screws around with someone else who is in a relationship! No matter how good or bad it may be.” I sighed agitatedly, running my hands down my face. “I’m not going to go in circles with you like I did with Matt. You made your choice, now stick with it.”

“I am not Matt,” he said through gritted teeth.

“No, you sure do act like him though.” I could tell my words hurt him, but he needed to hart it. “Now, I’m going to go change. When I come back out, please be gone.”

He stared at me unbelievingly. “You’re just going to leave it like that?”

“There’s nothing else to be said or done, Zack. We need to just leave it before either of us gets hurt.” I turned and went into the bathroom. I flinched when I heard the door slam. He wasn’t going to be in the best of moods for the next couple of days, but it had to be done. It wasn’t like I was exactly jumping for joy!

When I walked into the bar, they were surprised to see me, to say the least. “I thought you were staying in your room for the night?” Johnny asked, confused.

“I changed my mind. I didn’t’ feel like being alone.” Unfortunately, I got a look at Zack’s face, but I couldn’t read him. Of course Gena was attached to his side, also.

“Well I’m buying your first drink! What do you want?” Jimmy asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

“I’ll take a shot of patron.”

“You got it.”

“Oh, and Jack!”

He gave me a look, before putting his hands on his hips. “You’re lucky I love you.” I flashed him a small smile.

“I’m glad you joined us, we were just talking about what to do tomorrow,” Brian said, looking over at me.

“What’s the plan so far?”

“That’s the thing, we can’t decide,” Val said, laughing.

I rolled my eyes. “What are the options so far?”

“Both laying by the pool and relaxing all day, then party at night. Or party all day tomorrow and relax the next day,” Matt explained.

“I say we party hard, then relax, then repeat it all over again until we go home.”

They all thought about it before nodding in agreement. “Sounds good.”

“Here you go, Missy,” Jimmy said, handing me my shots.

Without thinking twice, I downed both of them. I coughed slightly as Jimmy laughed. “Nice going, Smarty.”

I pulled some money out of my back pocket and handed it to him. “Two more please,” I said, bating my eyelashes.

“You better slow down, you’re going to make yourself so sick,” Matt said, frowning.

“I can handle my liquor, Matt, you know that. Plus, I’m just preparing for tomorrow.”

“I’m not holding your hair as you puke your guts up later tonight,” Brian said, shaking his head.

“No one asked you, now did they?”

He glared at me as Jimmy cackled. “Oh man! Don’t worry, Bri, I’ll watch out for her.”

“At least I don’t end up upside down in elevators on the floor,” I threw at Brian. He just gave me confused look. “Jimmy’s shown me a few clips,” I said, laughing.

“Yeah, well, there’s still time for that to happen.”

“I say we get her drunk while we’re all sober enough to see what she does,” Johnny said, grinning wickedly at me.

“Sounds like a plan to me!” Jimmy agreed.

“I’m telling you guys, I can handle my liquor better than you think.”

“Eh, that’s what they all say,” Johnny said, waving me off.

“Here, take this,” Jimmy said, grabbing a random shot.

“Are you crazy?! That can be ruffied or something for all we know!”

“Oh, please, if it was the only one here that would take advantage of you would be Matt. Wait! You don’t need to be drugged or drunk for that. You both would be willing,” Johnny laughed.

“Alright, Short Shit, I think you’ve had enough,” Brian said, taking away his beer.

Let’s just say that Jimmy and Johnny’s plan to get me drunk worked perfectly for them. I was really going to hate them in the morning…

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Clothes