Innocence

Chapter 31

Image

I was finishing straightening my hair, when Zacky walked in. "Oh good, you did bring shorts," he said, coming up behind me.

"Is it warm outside?"

"It's a little more than warm. Johnny and I went out for a smoke and it was pretty hot."

"Good." I love warm weather, just soaking up the sun in my skin always put me in a good mood.

"What do you think about just wandering off on our own sometime today?" He asked, nuzzling my neck as his thumbs barely pushed up the him of my tank to rub circles into my hip bones.

"Sure, what do you have in mind?"

"Lunch? Maybe some exploring." His fingers brushed against the skin of my lower stomach and my muscles clenched under his touch. It was a surprised, make your knees go weak, kind of clench.

I turned my head to see him smirking down at me. I leaned up and kissed him softly at first, but then he turned it into something a little bit more. I turned around so that I wasn't in such an odd angle and so he could have better access.

Suddenly, he lifted me by my hips and set me down on the counter. I ran my fingers through his hair as he broke the kiss ran kiss down my jaw. When he started nibbling my neck, I was thankful that I was sitting, because if I wasn't my kness would have buckled. He pulled away and gave me a soft peck on my lips before giving me a smile.

"So much for taking it slow," I said, giving a soft chuckle. He blushed, looking down. Is Zack Baker actually blushing?! I lifted is chin softly. "I didn't say that I didn't like it."

He gave me one last kiss, before pulling away. "We really should go and meet up with everyone."

"I am hungry," I said, laughing.

"Let's go." He held his hands out to help me off the counter. What a gentleman.

As soon as we walked off the elavator, my stomach was swarmed with butterflies. I don't know what reason had it going crazy. The fact that everyone was about to find out about Zack and I? What was everyone goign to say? How was Brian going to react? Was shit going to hit the fan?

But I realised that none of this should be bothering me. I was happy with how things were going. We wanted to see where this would take us. Whether it would be short term or long term. For this moment though, we are following our hearts.

He gave my hand a small squeeze before we walked into the restraunt and found the group. None of them really thought anything of us showing up together, though. Val and Brian were the only two that actually showed some questioning on their faces.

I sat down next to Zack and he rested his arm behind me on the top of the booth. "Look who finally decided to come out of hiding," Jimmy said sarcastically, looking at me. I just stuck my tongue out at him.

"Well, I finally got hungry so I decided it was time to come down," I said, picking up the menu and looking it over.

Everything was pretty normal as we all talked and joked around. After we ordered what we wanted, we started talking about what to do today. But since Zack and I had arrived, I could feel Brian staring at the two of us. I tried ignoring it, even though it was hard.

"So what exactly is going on between the two of you?" He suddenly asked, catching all of us off guard.

"What?" I asked softly, not thinking he was going to bring it up like that.

"Don't try playing dumb, Amanda. You know exactly what I'm talking about."

"I told Manda I had feelings for her. Turns out she had feelings for me also. So we decided to see where things would take us, simple as that," Zack said, trying to keep things in check.

Brian scoffed. "No, it's not simple as that." I gave him a surprised look. "She's emotionaly unstable and you're a total player holding her heart in the palm of your hand. Please, don't tell me that no one else can't see the end of this already."

"Really, Brian?" Jimmy snapped, giving him a hard look. Jimmy was never one to get angry with his friends; this was a rare occassion.

"Really what, Jimmy? I'm sick and tired of seeing Amanda go back and forth. I'm tired of seeing her emotions get the best of her and I'm tired of seeing her get hurt. And I'm tired of seeing her heart being dangled by you!" He suddenly pointed at Matt. "And now you want a part of it, too?!" He now turned on Zacky. "I just don't understand this twisted web that's forming."

"Oh my God, Brian get over yourself!" I finally snapped and everyone looked at me in shock.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh shit