Innocence

Chapter 7

Image

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"I just can't believe you're one of those girls," she said, sneering at me.

"And what kind of girl would that be?" I asked, stepping closer. I felt Zacky hold onto my hand, but if this bitch was going to start shit, I was not going to hold back.

"The one that will mess with a guy when his girlfriend is right there."

"One, we're best friends so it's not like I would do anything with him in the first place. Two, Gena could have stepped in at any time if she was uncomfortable with us being that close. And three, it's none of your damn business what the hell I do." I felt Zacky tug on my hand, so I looked back at him. "Who the hell is this?" I hissed low enough for just him to hear.

"She’s Matt's new girlfriend, Natanya." I could feel the color drain from my face as he spoke those four words.

"I need a refill," I mumbled, as I left the group and went to the bar.

"You never were the one to drink your problems away." I looked to my left to see Johnny.

"I'm not. I'm just out having fun with some old friends," I said, picking up the beer that the bartender sat down in front of me.

"Then what do you call that?" He asked, nodding to the beer I just picked up.

"Really, Johnny? I don't remember you being the investigator type," I said, before walking off.

"Only when I'm worried about my friends," he said, following me.

I shook my head. "There's nothing to worry about, Johnny."

"Are you sure?"

I stopped and turned around to face him. "Yes."

We went back to the table that everyone was sitting around. Soon, we were bringing up stories from way back when.

"I will never forget your face," Jimmy said, laughing as he brought up the memory when they stuck a frog down my pants. Yes... A frog. It wasn't a pretty sight.

"But I got you guys back," I said, smirking.

"Those things fucking hurt!" Brian said, remembering when I returned the favor and put crabs down their pants.

"I forgot that was how we came up with the crap of them having crabs," Jason said, laughing in realization.

I heard Natanya scoff. "Have something to say?" I asked, raising an eye brow.

"I just don't see what's so funny about that," she said, rolling her eyes.

"It was just something you had to be there for," I said, trying to keep my cool and be polite to her. Be the bigger person, right?

"Well, I'm glad I wasn't.” I bit my tongue while I shook my head. She was really asking for it...

"Come on, Manda!" Val suddenly said, showing back up after she had run off somewhere. "All of you girls, too." We all followed her, except for Natanya. Apparently she didn't feel comfortable... Bitch, please.

"What're you up to?" I asked her skeptically.

She smirked. "Just wait for it," she said, holding her finger up.

Oh shit, shake that ass ma, move it like a gypsy
Stop, woah, back it up, now let me see your hips SWING


Savage's Let Me See Your Hips Swing came on, and we all were snapped into realization. "Come on, Girl. You're dancing with me," I said, grabbing Val's hand.

By the end, we were all dancing with each other. It was pretty funny to see all the guys' faces. They're jaws were dropped, eyes bugged out and, best of all, they're pants bulging.

"Enjoy the show, Boys?" I laughed as we walked back towards them.

"Alright, where is she?" Jason asked, looking through my hair.

"She's around her somewhere," Brian said, looking under my arm.

"What're you guys doing?" I asked, laughing.

"Just looking for the old Manda, 'cause you sure aren't her."

I felt a little pang in my chest when he said that. I pulled away from them, and wrapped my arms around my waist. "I'm still Manda, you guys," I mumbled, frowning.

"Guys, buzz off," Zacky said, slapping Jason upside the head since he was the closest.

Conversation picked up again, but Matt and his toy tended to stay out of it. It was starting to get on my nerves. No, I might not be on speaking terms with him right now, but I'm sick of her shit and her pretty much controlling him.

"Manda, that's a really cute top. I forgot to tell you when you first got here," Michelle said who was sitting next to me.

"Thanks, I just got it. I didn't know if I'd actually wear it or not."

"I'm glad you did. It's a nice view," Jason said perverted.

"Creeper," I laughed, shaking my head.

"White's only for virgins," Natanya said snottily.

That's it, I'm done.

"And that's why you're not wearing it," I snapped back.

Matt scoffed. "Yeah, right, because you're such a virgin. I know for a fact that you aren't, Sweetie."

"Oh, yes. The whole 'Poppy Field' crap," Natanya said, shaking her head. "So pathetic.”

That's when I snapped. I jumped up from my seat and walked across the table, before attacking her.

"Manda, chill," Jimmy said once he had a good grip on me.

"Fucking put me down," I hissed, trying to get out of his arms.

"Are you going to attack her again?" He asked softly.

"No, the bitch is a waste of my time." Once I was placed back down, I grabbed the bottle of Jack that was on the table, before leaving. I slid out the back so they wouldn't follow me; if they would...

I sat in the tree, letting my feet hang off the branch as my back was against the tree. Back when I was still in high school, I would come sit in the tree when I just needed to think. Most people would go to the beach or something. Yeah, that's fine. But I liked being somewhere no one could find me.

Because sometimes I just want to be invisible.

Image