Status: Complete

The Reasons Why

The Reasons Why

The Reasons Why
It could be her random ramblings. How she can go into a tirade about something and when she realizes that he’s smiling at her because she’s talking so fast, her cheeks turn pink and then she’ll start to laugh which makes him laugh and then they’ll forget the whole point of her tirade. He finds it amazing just how long she can go with just a short breath or two. But that’s only when she’s really worked up to the point of no return.

She loves that he’s Canadian. She always teases him about how girls want a guy with an accent and that he’s her exception to exotic. Because really, who would choose anything other than a Canadian. She loves to catch him saying things like eh and sorry, and she’ll say to him, “What? I didn’t quite catch that.” And he’ll say it again and again until he figures out she’s doing and then he’ll tickle her endlessly.

He loves that she’ll wear his t-shirts to bed. She says that she likes the way they smell like him, and when he’s away it makes her feel like he’s there to hold her through the night. It’s gotten to the point where most of them end up in her pajama drawer and he has to buy new ones because she won’t give them back.

She never complains about the media or events they are obligated to attend. She understands that it has to be done and he defiantly doesn’t mind seeing her in those beautiful dresses. Even when they’re in a room full of people that gossip nonstop and would love to dig up something about her, she smiles politely and shakes hands with everyone.

Whenever he wants to stay home and just lie around and watch a movie, she has absolutely no problem with it. She plays video games with him and most of the time she kicks his butt like no other; even when they play NHL 10. Her knowledge of video games still surprises him still to the day. Watching movies together is always interesting. If it’s not action and there’s something constantly going on he’ll start adding in his own dialog just to distract her. And after a few minutes she’ll turn off the movie because she’s missed too much to know what’s going on.

She can defiantly cook; it’s like she jumped out of some sort of cook book from the Cordon Bleu. He can never get enough of her pre game dinners that make his mouth water by just thinking about them. Anything he wants he just has to ask and she’ll whip it out in a matter of minutes. She never once laughed at his silly superstitions and pre game rituals. She just went along with it and understood why he did it; she was once an athlete after all.

He’s fascinated by her growing up life. Raised by her mom and three brothers in Maryland must have defiantly been an interesting experience. She was the baby of the family and when Sidney had the pleasure of meeting the Harris clan it had been a whirl wind. All three giant brothers, all over 6’2, had cornered him while she and her mom prepared dinner. Each one threatened bodily harm if he broke her heart. The oldest even said something about napping in the bottom of Baltimore Harbor. But with reassurance and telling them how special she really was to them they gave him breathing room and a beer. She later told him that they all really liked him, even though he played for the Pens and not the Flyers. It’s funny how she’s still a Flyers fan even though she’s dating him. She always teases him about how if he moved to over Philly he would be perfect. But he doesn’t mind, she still cheers for him even when they do play Philly.

He’s completely and absolutely devoted to her. He really loves her and makes sure she knows at all times. They may have their ups and downs at times but he always is there for her and never likes to leave her side. He loves to spoil her even though she always tells him there’s no need for it; she knows that he loves her. But none the less he bought her a new Land Rover LR3 for her birthday and wouldn’t take it back when she said it was too much. And when she suggested she paid for half of it he picked her up, threw her over his shoulder, and took her inside to show her that she deserved it. And after hours of ‘persuasion’, she finally accepted his gift and then proceeded to run outside for a test drive.

His family loves her to pieces, his sister Taylor latched onto her the moment she walked through the door of his parents’ home. And when he suggested to them about a proposal his mother squealed in delight and he received a pat on the back from his father. And with the approval of his parents and her family, that had gotten weeks ago, he knew that he would make it something she would remember.

His proposal is something that she’ll talk about to anyone who’ll listen. It happened when he had taken her to Canada and they were sitting on the deck of his lake house overlooking the lake that she had found so breath taking. It was just the two of them, the way it always would be. She still wore the dress from dinner and it made her look beautiful in the moon light that was glinting off the lake. His small speech was fumbled and she didn’t know what he was doing until he got down on one knee and just kind of threw the question at her. And then she cracked a smile and flung herself upon him and showered him with kisses.

And now as he retreats from the packed locker room with the heavy medal around his neck, he spots her waiting wearing red like most of the crowd had. Jumping into his arms he twirled her around and hugged her close. Now that these hectic two weeks were over it was time to finish planning their wedding and moving into their new home. And as they walk out of the arena, he considers how best to go about hiding the details on this super secret honeymoon he is planning.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just something I threw together hope you all enjoy =)