Status: It's rolling! 'Bout time!

All That Matters Is Now

“If I would of known, I wouldn’t of asked.” Brian replies.

The next morning I awoke to the smell of bacon. I swear it’s the most sweetest smell ever. I slipped on a bra, Jayden’s boxers, and his shirt, and walked down stairs.

“Morning babe.” I said, as I kissed him good morning.

“Morning.”

“Need help?” I asked, sitting on the kitchen counter.

“Naw, I got it from here.”

“Do we still have our show today?” I asked, twirling with my hair.

“Yeah, but we have to get there early for sound check. I already told ‘em that we’ll be late.” Jayden informed me.

“Okay.” I said, sneaking a piece of bacon.

-X-

“Jayden! Have you seen my glasses?” I yelled.

“Check the dresser!” He yelled back.

I rolled my eyes and placed my clear contracts in, and did my hair into a high ponytail, leaving my bangs out. I applied some lip gloss and eye liner before running in the living room, where Jayden was at. I smiled evilly and jumped onto his lap, and he made a “ork ,” sound.

“Knezie! Those are my family jewels.” He yelled.

I smiled. “I know! Don’t know why you need ‘em.”

Jayden rolled his eyes. “You know why!”

I kissed his cheek. “Yeah, yeah. Let’s hit the road, Jack!”

Jayden stood up and I jumped on his back. He mumbled, “Is today, abuse Jayden day?”

“If you want it to be.” I said, innocence in my tone.

-X-

Jayden and I walked into the hospital where the DNA testing would be taking place. The hospital was cold and it all ways gave me a bad feeling. I hated them to put it simply.

Jayden gave my hand a squeeze. “Everything’s going to be okay.”

I gave him a small smile as we walked into the waiting room, after checking me in. I stopped when I not only saw, Brian and Michelle, but Matt and Jimmy.

“So you might syn’s kid?” Jimmy asked, once I sat down.

I chuckled at him. He was the first person to break the ice, since I had walked into the room.

“I am.” I respond confident.

“So, how old are you, then?” Jimmy asks.

“I’m almost 19.” I say.

Jimmy’s quiet and he makes the occasion ‘hmm,’ and ‘oh!’ as he thinks. He also moves his fingers in the air as if he’s doing math. “Wow.” He breathes after two minutes.

“Wow what?” Brian snaps.

“She just might be, your daughter, syn.”

Brian shoots him an un-amused look at Jimmy and opens his mouth to say something as the DNA Tester guy, walks into the room.

“I need a Brian Haner and a,” He looks down at his chart. “Mackenzie Ford-Haner?”

I stand up and smooth out my shirt. “That’s me.” I mumble, walking towards him.

I hear a sigh and look over my shoulder to see Brian following me. The three of us walk into a small white room. I scan it for needles as I sat down in a chair. I let out a sigh of relief as I don’t find any, and learn that we’ll be doing the test a different way.

Ten minutes later, I followed a grumpy Brian out of the room. The DNA Tester guy, said they’d have the results back within two weeks.

“So, maybe syn’s daughter, where are you going now?” Jimmy asked, as he causally draped his long tattooed arm across my shoulder.

I laughed. “Well, I have a concert to do in a little bit. So, I have to get there for sound check.”

Jimmy’s the only guy here, besides Jayden, who has really had a conversation with me.

“Your in a band?” Brain asks, shock clear in his voice.

I roll my eyes and sigh very dramatically. “What you never of us?” I ask, playing hurt.

“If I would of known, I wouldn’t of asked.” Brian replies.

Jimmy shoots Brian a nasty look. “For get about him. What’s your band name?”

“Popular By Skylights.” I say, proudly and smiling as Jayden laughs.

“Popular By Skylights? Hmmm.” Jimmy mutters. “I’ve heard that name before.” He muses. It’s quiet till he suddenly shouts, “I just want to be better than your, your head's only medicine!”

Jayden and I laugh. That was one of our songs that we had wrote together.

“Yeah that’s us.” Jayden says.

“Will, holy shit! You guys are awesome!” Jimmy exclaims.

“Damn straight, we are.” I smirk, getting cocky.

“So, your doing a show tonight?” Jimmy asks, us.

“Yep.” Jayden nods. “Speaking of the show, we have to go, or else we’ll be even more later.”

I frown, not wanting to leave just yet. “Okay. I’ll guess I’ll see you later then?” I ask, as Jimmy pulls me into a hug.

“Of course, maybe syn’s daughter. Now, you best be going to that concert.” Jimmy says as he pulls away from our hug.

Jayden and I say the rest of our goodbyes, and as we drive up the arena, I’m having mixed emotions.

I’m happy, because I’ll finally get to prove to Brian, that I am his daughter.

But, then I’m feeling angry at how, Brian acts like he doesn’t even want to be my father. I get the whole, ‘she’s a kid thing, and I just don’t wanna be a parent’ thing. But, I’m grown and I don’t need him taking care of me. I only want one thing from him. Just to walk me down the isle. Then he can disappear, for all I fucking care.

But, that’s only if he wants to.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought I owed you guys a long chapter! Brian is very much in denial!

Let me just say this; you guys are the best. The comments always make me smile. And, it's nice to know what your thinking.

Thank You:
ShadowsVengeance
Dannie Blaze!!
kids.in.love
mcrgcvampress
ZackysSecretLover
My.Toxic.Kiss
choirgirlx3
I got seven, comments!

10 comments 106 readers 49 subscribers! Holy crap! Thank you all!

Oh, and I have six freaking stars. I just did my happy dance.