Status: hope you enjoy

School Essays

White Tigers: The Painful Truth

White tigers are believed to be beautiful, magical, and graceful. They have white fur with faded black stripes. They have magical blue eyes, and they have a very graceful personality when handled properly. The first white tiger was found in India in the 1950s. They are highly endangered and in need of our help.
Ever since the first white tiger was found in India, scientists and specialists have wondered how they got there beautiful coloring. They took a white tiger and bred it with a Bengal tiger. The result was Bengal cubs. Then they took one of its children and bred it with its white parent. This resulted in white tiger cubs. That means that the white coloring is the result of a double-recessive gene.
In white tigers, inbreeding causes many health problems. These problems include scoliosis, mental impairments, and even early death. Every white tiger has crossed eyes, whether it shows or not. Many white tigers suffer from deformities such as blindness, deafness, bone deformities, and many more. But you never see white tigers like this. This is because the imperfect ones are often killed or discarded for not being ‘pretty enough’.
Contrary to the belief, a white tiger is rarely found in the wild. 1 in 10,000 Bengal cubs are born white and no known wild white tiger has ever become an adult. Their coloration is a disadvantage in the wild Bengal tiger habitat because their prey can easily spot them because of their white fur.
White tigers may be beautiful and magical, but there is nothing beautiful and magical about what they go through. 8 out of 10 cubs die from the inbreeding caused deformities. They will die because the public has been deceived by the people who continue to create these animals for money and attention and fame. These animals will suffer for their beauty.