Status: hope you enjoy

School Essays

The Sky

The Sky
It is beautiful, wonderful, and calming. It is the sky. Looking at the clouds, or at the stars, or even at a summer storm, I feel at peace. The sun is bright enough to blind you. The stars so sparkly they remind me of loved ones I’ve lost just looking down on me. The rain pouring down on our roof is like the Lord sobbing. I love to see the clouds and to feel to wind against my skin. It’s amazing to hear the birds singing and I love the smell of the flowers and the fresh cut grass as I gaze up at the sky. It is so peaceful.
The clouds are amazing from sunrise to sunset. The sun is just coming out. I like to lie down on the grass and watch as the sky changes colors. The clouds of all shapes and sizes I like to find objects and faces and animals in the shapes. The sky almost doesn’t look real when you really look at it. It just seems like a moving canvas of magical art. Sometimes while I’m looking for clouds I get so lost in its beauty that I forget what I’m doing. It feels like hours before I realize I’m staring.
Most people hate storms. I love the way the sky looks. The whole sky is in different shades of grey. There is no sun. The only source of light is when lightning illuminates the dark sky. The thunder is loud that it sometimes shakes the earth. My favorite part of it is the rain. There are so many types of rain; sprinkling, stinging, pouring, and so many others. I wish I could just dance in it but I must settle for looking out my window.
My favorite time of the day is nighttime. The stars are so peaceful. There are thousands of them and, each one is a little different. Some are brighter than others, some bigger. The best ones are the ones that shoot up the night sky, the shooting stars. Though I can’t really tell if I am looking at the big dipper or any of those I do like to find shapes. It’s kind of like playing connect the dots I guess. I usually don’t find much though because I’m not paying attention to shapes.
The sky is a wonderful thing. It’s so full of life and dreams and its calming to be near it. It’s calming to be so close to heaven. I like to look up at the sky, the cool wind blowing on my skin, and imagine I’m flying. I adore the animals, the birds of the sky. They have such beautiful colors on their feathers. The color of the sky varies from shades of blues and grey to oranges and pinks. The sky itself creates lifelong memories for any one person who recognizes its true beauty.