Status: Finished. One-shot.

Silence is Love.

One and Only.

It was midnight when he awoke. The feeling in his gut being confirmed when he looked to his right and his wife, Chastity, was no longer beside him. Rushing into the bathroom that was adjoined to the bedroom, Tom dropped to his knees beside his wife. The young girl was clearly in pain, her mouth open is silent screams and her eyes shut tight. Tom gripped her hand to let her be aware of his presence and her dark chocolate eyes fluttered open. She looked down to her swollen belly, rubbing it slightly to tell Tom what was wrong. He nodded, slightly confused and furrowed his eyebrows. But he soon felt his knees become wet with liquid and he realized the problem at hand. His wife was ready to give birth.

2 Years Prior.

Now before we too far ahead of ourselves, I think I should explain how the odd pair met. It was an odd meeting indeed. Tom was on tour with his brother's band. Oliver would drag him along occasionally, just to get Tom out of the house. On one day in particular, Tom happened to be in the right place at the wrong time. Walking by an alley way, he couldn't help but look into it. And what he saw made his face flush with anger. Inside that tiny alley, was a small girl. She was held to a wall by her neck, with a much older, bulkier male pressed against her.

Now Tom knew that the neighborhood he happened to be walking through wasn't the best around. It was mostly projects and had a high crime rate. He figured, like just back at home in Sheffield, he could ignore the burglaries and whatnot that went on wherever he was touring in America. But this was different. And being the impulsive thing that he was, Tom decided to interfere. And that he did, because as soon as the strange male figure heard his footsteps on the ground, he bolted in the opposite direction, dropping the small female. The girl looked up at Tom with wide eyes. She had a bloody lip and her clothes were in a decent condition, with a few rips and tears here and there. Tom just stood there, looking at her. There was something about her, something he couldn't put his finger on.

Chastity stared up at the mysterious man, wondering where the perfect angel had come from. He had saved her from a horrible fate. She was sure, had he not shown up, the other man would have had his way with her right there in the alley way. She was grateful and she wanted to express it. So standing up on wobbly knees, she began to walk towards him. But with her oh, so graceful movements, she tripped and fell forward. Closing her eyes, she was sure that she would hit the ground, killing herself with embarrassment. But something was off. She felt no asphalt and when she opened her eyes and looked up, she realized that the mysterious man had caught her.

They looked at each other, staring for forever and a day. Icy blue eyes meeting dark chocolate ones for the first time and immediately falling in love. Tom was at a loss for words but finally began to choke out, "U-uhm, I'm T-Tom." He smiled brightly at the young girl.

Chastity stared back, quickly pushing herself up and away from Tom. She lifted her hands to her throat, pressing against it, then moving her index finger in a 'no' motion. She watched as Tom furrowed his brows then widened his eyes and nodded.

"Y-you can't talk?" Tom asked.

Chastity shook her head.

He thought for a second, then pulled out a receipt and a pen from his pocket and handed it to her, smiling at her all the while. "Your name?"

She nodded and quickly scribbled it down, handed him the small paper that read 'Chastity.'

He looked down at her and she blushed. "Chastity? That's pretty." And from there on out, Tom knew that this little girl would become a big part of his life.

Present Day.

Tom was pacing the floor of the hospital room. In just a matter of hours, he'd be a dad. And his wife wasn't going to give birth to just one child, but Tom and Chastity had been lucky enough to conceive twins. They would be fraternal; a baby boy and a baby girl. He was more than happy for himself and his wife. And he knew, deep down, that everything was finally falling into place for the young couple. He couldn't wait, a mixture of nervousness and excitement washing over him. He was going to be a father.

Tom jumped when he felt someone grab his shoulder. Turning around, he smiled and embraced his older brother. "I can't believe you made it."

Oliver smiled, patting his younger brother's back. "Tommy, I wouldn't miss this for the world. How is she?" He asked, referring to Chastity.

"She's in the operating room now. She had to have a C-section."

Oliver nodded, watching Tom's eyebrows furrow in worry. But just as he was going to reassure Tom, a doctor came out, calling for a Mr. Sykes.

"That's me!" Tom shouted, dragging his brother with him.

"Follow me, Mr. Sykes. It's time to meet your family."

Tom turned back to his brother, eyes bright. Oliver waved him along, telling him that he'd be out in the lobby if he was needed. Tom smiled and nodded, following the doctor back down the corridor. Within a few minutes, they reached a room. The doctor ushered Tom inside and turned to leave, giving the couple some privacy. Tom walked across the floor, smiling wide when he saw the dark chocolate eyes he'd fallen in love with just two years ago.

She was beautiful, he thought. Sweaty hair plastered to her head, eyes half-lidded, smiling and holding their two twins. He approached her quietly, careful not to disturb the young mother and her babies. Pulling up a chair and sitting beside her, Tom placed a kiss to her lips, letting her know how much he loved her. He adored her and now that they had new editions to their family, he promised himself that he would love and adore them too.

"What are you going to name them, beautiful?" he whispered.

Chastity opened her mouth to speak, stuttering her words. "His na-name is T-Tom. Like y-you. And s-she's Ol-Ol-Ol." She stopped, waiting for herself to calm. She knew Tom wasn't angry, speaking was still new to her. "Olivia. L-like Ol-Oli."

Tom smiled and kissed his wife again, murmuring the words, 'I love you,' against her lips. Chastity smiled too, offering up the two twins to Tom. He eagerly accepted, taking the babies into his arms. Looking down at them, he noticed that the were awake, the different colored eyes staring back at him. The boy was a spitting image of his mother, as the girl was a spitting image of himself. Tom was truly happy. He had his wife and his family now. He was complete.

Later that night, as his wife lay cuddled close to him and his children lay asleep in his arms, thinking no one could hear him, he whispered, "I love you. All of you. I promise to cherish you and protect you for as long as I live. I love you with all my heart."

Chastity bubbled with inner happiness. She heard every word Tom had just said. They were a family now, and nothing could tear them apart. Closing her eyes, she whispered to her husband, "We love you, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's crappy.
But I had a dream about Tommy dearest.
And this is sort of how it went.