Love Will Tear Us Apart

This Is Where It Ends

They stood on the edge of the cliff, holding hands. As they looked out at the sunset which colored the calm ocean water, they thought of everything they’d been through, together and apart, and of everything they were leaving behind. After taking her attention from the orange and yellow orb of heat and light, she studied the scars on both of their arms. These were tiny but deep reminders of the pain they had gone through, whether it came from their strenuous relationship or from dealing with the obstacles that came with life. She moved her eyes up from their linked arms and brought them to the side of his face. After a few seconds, his head turned and he found himself staring into her brown eyes. He stared at her face that had been previously streaked with tears. They stared into each other’s eyes for what seemed like the longest time. They let each other’s eyes pull them into a trance as they remembered everything they’d been through and everything they would soon be leaving behind. Memories flashed in front of both of their eyes. The day they met….their first kiss…the first time they broke up….the night she ran into his room and found him on his bedroom floor, barely alive and bleeding from both wrists…the moment that led them to where they were now. They had been through it all together and this is where love had taken them. Their bonded hearts had brought them to this bleak ending. Her eyes brimmed with tears as he pulled a gun from his back pocket. He gave her hand a small reassuring squeeze and she retrieved a gun from her back pocket as well. They gave each other one last look before she stretched out her arm and pressed the cold metal against his temple. He took a deep breath and did the same. She stared into his eyes and whispered…

“I love you.”

He stared back and said…

“I love you too…forever.”

They took one last breath and pulled the triggers.