Lost in Stereo

Zack Steps In

Skye's Point of View

I was woken up by Jade when I heard her crying in her bunk. I opened my curtain and went over to her bunk.

"Jade? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Alex…" Jade trailed off.

"What did he do?" I asked

"He kissed me," Jade said quietly.

"I swear to God, I'm going to murder him," I threatened.

I started to walk to the front of the bus, ignoring Jade’s pleads to stop when I saw Alex sitting on the couch. He looked up at me and he knew from the look on my face he was in deep shit.

"You can't just go and fuck with Jade’s heart, Alex!" I yelled.

"You just need to stay out of this," Alex warned.

"I won't because I'm sick of seeing Jade this way! She's not a fucking doll, Alex; she has feelings too," I said.

"Whatever, Skye. You think you know everything that went on between us, but you don't," Alex rolled his eyes.

"Actually I do. SHE's my BEST friend Alex! I watched her go through this once and I’m not about to let it happen again," I practically spat.

"I really don't care, Skye. Because all you do is get into everyone's business and tell them what to do. You may be my sister, but you need to stay out of this," Alex said again.

"Well once you stop hurting my friend’s feelings, maybe I will. She's crying in her bunk right now Alex, because of you! She doesn't want to get hurt by you again," I exclaimed.

Alex didn't say anything for a little while. He looked at me as if this was my fault and it wasn't.

"You know, you're so good at dishing out advice, so why don't you take your own advice once in awhile? Then maybe you wouldn't have a drinking problem," Alex said, standing up.

I was beyond pissed off by that comment. I found the nearest thing to me and threw it at Alex. It fell to the ground with a big crash. Alex turned around and went to grab me.

"Are you fucking insane Skye!? That could've hit me!" Alex said.

Alex grabbed my arm and I didn't like that one bit.

"Let go of me Alex," I growled, warning him.

"No," he replied.

Zack came out from the bunk area and saw the glass.

"Alex, let go of her," he said in that calm way of his, but you knew he meant business.

Alex let go of me and shook his head. "You're fucking insane, Skye."

Alex walked off and then I sat down on the couch. I sighed and realized that I had started crying. Zack came over to me and started to comfort me.

"Do you want to tell me what that was about?" Zack asked.

"Alex is just being Alex," I said.

"Well, that doesn't help me out much…" Zack said

I explained everything to him and he sighed.

"Come here, Skye," Zack said.

I rested my head on Zack's shoulder and he played with my hair. It felt good to have someone actually care about me for once. Alex was always this way when he got pissed off. He could be like a drama queen at times. I started to fall asleep and Zack noticed.

"Come on, let’s get you back to bed," he said.

I nodded my head and Zack led to my bunk. He covered me up and was about to walk off when I stopped him.

"Stay with me please," I whispered.

Zack nodded his head and I moved over so that he could have some room. I laid my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. I slowly fell asleep to the sound of his heart beat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Getting desperate for comments at this point...