Lost in Stereo

Jealousy

Jade's Point of View

“Hey Mom,” I greeted my mother when I called her later that night. “Sorry I forgot to call last night.”

“That’s fine, honey,” she said. “How’s the tour going?”

“Well, it’s not quite what you’d think,” I told her. “Jack forced me to bond with him, walked in on me going to the bathroom, broke a lamp, and was trying to pimp me out tonight.”

“He did WHAT?!” Mom yelled.

“You said you wouldn’t tell!” Jack exclaimed from across the lounge. I was sitting with Skye and the guys, just hanging out when Jack had reminded me to call Mom. “What happens on tour stays on tour!”

“Let me talk to him,” Mom insisted.

I smirked, handing the phone to Jack. He held it up to his ear slowly and then greeted nervously, “Hello?” He held the phone away from his ear almost immediately and I could hear my mom yelling at him. Jack looked slightly embarrassed and walked to the back lounge, trying to calm her down.

“How much you wanna bet that he’s gonna cry?” Zack asked, grinning mischievously.

“I’d love to see that,” Rian laughed.

“Rian, shut up and stop being a potato,” Alex grumbled.

“Rude,” I commented.

Rian looked at Alex with a confused expression for a second, but then shrugged. “I wanna go watch.”

“Same here,” Zack agreed. He looked at Skye. “Wanna come?”

“Sure,” Skye nodded and took his hand as Zack offered it to her. They headed after Rian to go watch Zack get his ass handed to him by our mom.

“Great, now I’m stuck here with you,” Alex rolled his eyes.

“Oh, we’re back to this?” I raised an eyebrow. “Wow, just when I thought we were gonna be civil.”

“We both knew that was never gonna work,” he said.

“Really? Could’ve fooled me,” I scoffed. “And why are you being such an asshole to Rian? He’s actually your friend. And he looks nothing like a potato.”

“Why were you talking to that guy tonight?” Alex countered, completely changing the subject.

I threw my hands in the air. “Are you fucking serious right now? I barely talked to the kid.” I could feel a tightening in my chest as my anger swelled. “And what do you care anyway? We’re broken up. We have been for a long time.”

“I don’t like to see you talking to other guys,” Alex shrugged.

“And I didn’t like it when you were fucking other girls,” I shot at him. “But I guess we all have to suck it up and deal.”

“That’s not even relevant,” Alex shook his head.

“You’re such a hypocrite.” I stood up. “I’m not having this conversation. You need to just put your big boy pants on and act like a grown up.” I left the lounge and headed to my bunk to write in my journal for a little while. It wasn’t long before I was disturbed, however.

“Hey,” Skye greeted. “How’s it going?”

“I just got in another fight with your brother,” I informed her. “I seriously don’t get that guy. A few days ago we were fighting about chicken tenders. And then he kissed me. And yesterday he asked me for advice. Just a couple of hours ago he was singing fucking Adele at me. Now he hates me again. I swear, he’s bipolar.”

“Maybe he still likes you,” Skye offered.

I had to laugh at that. “Yeah, he definitely still likes me. That’s why when we were still going out he stuck his wiener in other girls’ tinkle tacos.”

“Tinkle tacos…what…?” Skye trailed off, shaking her head. “Never mind. But I’m serious. I think he still likes you.”

“I highly doubt that.” This was ridiculous.

“You don’t believe me?” Skye asked. “Fine. I’ll just go ask him then.”

She got up before I could protest. I tried calling after, but she didn’t even acknowledge me. I let out an annoyed noise and decided to just stay in my bunk. I’d undoubtedly be able to hear everything that was about to happen anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
To keep updates flowing, the lovely Jen allowed me to take another turn. Please comment and recommend!