Lost in Stereo

Arrival

Skye's Point of View - Two Weeks Later

I woke up in the morning and sighed. Being home didn't seem normal to me. I missed all the random shit the guys would do on the tour bus. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss them. I missed them all so much. I rolled out of bed and took a shower. I needed to clear my head before I went downstairs and had breakfast. Once I was finished in the shower I got dressed and headed downstairs. My mom was sitting in the kitchen table reading a book. I saw that she had made me some pancakes. I sat down and put some syrup on them and ate them in silence. When I’d come home, I had told my mom everything. She took the news the way I thought she would. She wasn't mad that I came home but she wasn't pleased about it either. I decided to just take a few weeks off from it and then try to go back to tour. I missed Jack and Rian so much. I missed Zack even more, and it felt different not being able to see him. We weren't even dating but I knew that was going to change until I’d came back home. I sighed and my mom looked at me. I faked a smile and went back to eating. The silence returned and it was feeling awkward.

“I'm going back,” I finally said.

My mom glanced up from her book and looked at me.

“I knew this day would come again, but are you sure?” she asked.

“I need to see them. I bet they all miss me a lot. Jack messages me every day to see if I'm okay,” I told her.

“If this is what you want to do, then do it. I can get you to the airport by this afternoon so you can get on your way,” she offered.

I nodded and finished eating. I got a glass of milk and then put my dishes in the sink. I sat back down and planned it all out with my mom. Once we were done I went back upstairs and packed my stuff. I saw that I had a two missed calls from Alex and one from Zack. I sighed and dialed in Jack's number.

“Why, hello there,” Jack said, answering the phone.

“I'm coming back,” I said.

I heard Jack choke on something and then he asked, “When?”

“Tonight, but I need you to pick me up and not tell anyone where you're going,” I explained.

“Can I bring Rian?” Jack asked.

“Sure, go for it as long as it's not Alex, Jade or Zack,” I said.

“Alex has been miserable without you, so has Zack,” Jack told me.

“Well, they'll see me tonight, I should be landing there around midnight,” I said.

“Alright, I'll see you then,” Jack said.

“Bye,” I hung up.

I hung up the phone and grabbed some stuff and put in in my suitcase. My eyes were caught by a photo of Alex and I. We we're about three in the photo. We never left each other’s sides. I had caused my brother to get depressed over this. I felt terrible about it but I knew I would be seeing him soon and would try to somehow make it up to him.

Hours passed and my mom and I were on our way to the airport. I bought my ticket and my mom stayed with me until I was boarding the plane. I gave her a hug and we said our goodbyes. I got onto the plane and got into my seat. I texted Jack letting him know I was on my way. What felt like hours later, the plane was finally landing and people we're getting off the plane. I was walking when I finally saw Jack. I ran over to him and Rian and gave Jack a big hug.

“I've missed you both so much!” I exclaimed, letting go of Jack and giving Rian a hug.

“We've missed you too, everyone has,” Jack enthused.

“I'm not sure who missed you more, Alex, Zack or Jack,” Rian said, laughing.

“Oh, we all know it's a tie between Alex and Zack,” Jack rolled his eyes.

“Both of them have been lost without you, Jade hasn't said much but we know she missed you too,” Rian informed me.

“Can we go see them now?” I asked.

Jack nodded and we left the airport. We went back to the hotel they were staying at. The rest of them were all asleep. Jack let me into his room so that I could see my brother. Rian went back to his room for the night. Jack went into Rian’s room and left me alone with Alex. I sat down on his bed and pushed his hair out of his face.

“Alex,” I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

Alex stirred in his sleep and then opened his eyes. He looked shocked and confused.

“Skye? You can't be here, this is all a dream,” Alex said tiredly.

“No, it's not. Alex I'm really here,” I said.

Alex sat up and pulled me into a hug. The hug seemed to last forever but it was good to know that my brother missed me.

“You must be tired,” Alex commented.

“Wicked tired,” I confirmed.

Alex moved over on his bed and made room for me. I laid down next to my brother and silence had taken over.

“I'm sorry I made you want to leave,” Alex finally said.

“You didn't make me leave, I needed to leave,” I said.

“Jade and I are trying to be friends and trying not to argue,” he offered up.

“I'm glad to hear that,” I smiled.

“Zack misses you too,” he said.

“We aren't dating if that's what you think,” I told him.

“I never said you two were, but don't lead him on and just end up breaking his heart,” he warned.

“I know. I'm trying to take things slow,” I said to him.

“He doesn't know you're back, does he?” Alex asked.

“Only Jack and Rian knew. I wanted to come see you first,” I said

“You need sleep, get some rest. You have a long day ahead of you tomorrow,” He said

We both stopped talking and went to sleep. It seemed like morning had come really fast. Alex was gone when I woke up and I heard the shower going. One of them must’ve been in there. I went to the other bathroom and changed into some different clothes. I did my makeup and then put my hair up into a tight pony tail. I walked out to see Jack and Alex waiting for me. We went downstairs to join the rest of them. I saw Jade and Zack. They both looked up at me. Zack gave me a look of sadness and hurt. He excused himself from the group and left.

“Zack, wait!” I called after him.

I followed him until I caught up to him. I grabbed his arm and turned him around so that he was looking at me straight on. He looked at my eyes and then down at the ground.

“How could you leave me?” he asked.

“I didn't mean to, I had to do it for me,” I said softly.

“You left me! Did you ever think that I was going to ask you out? Skye, I love you! I've loved you since high school! But you dated that douche of a boyfriend named Michael. I was there for you when he cheated and broke up with you; didn't I make it clear to you?” he exclaimed.

I looked down. Zack loved me? And I didn't even know it.

“What do you want from me?” I asked finally.

“I want you to be mine,” Zack said earnestly.

“Then I will be,” I said.

Zack was going to say something but I cut him off by kissing him. We broke away from each other and we ended up going back to his room. Things got heavier from there. Things seemed to be going better than I thought they would. Now if it would only stay that way, I could only hope it would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?