Lost in Stereo

Lullabies

Skye's Point of View

Zack and I had stayed in his hotel room for the rest of the day. We had ordered lunch and dinner. It felt good to be back. Jade and Alex are getting along finally. Zack is now my boyfriend. Jack and Rian were happy that no one is constantly fighting anymore. Everything was going so well. I just hoped it would stay that way at least until the end of tour. Zack and I went to bed a little after midnight. We had to travel for their next concert so we all had to get up early in the morning.

There was a knock on the door the next morning and that was our wake up call. We grabbed our stuff and headed towards the bus. I was still tired and I planned on just going back to sleep when I got to the bus. Zack took care of my bags and I went straight to my bunk. I closed the curtain and turned on my side. I wasn't sure if Zack was going to join me or not but if he did, he would just be able to slip right in. I was almost asleep when I heard a big crash out in the lounge area.

"Jesus Christ, Jack! Stop breaking shit!" I heard Alex yell.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" Jack apologized.

At that moment I knew I wasn't going to get any sleep. I sighed and grabbed my blanket and brought it out with me. I saw Zack in a chair and I went and sat with him. I put my head on his shoulder and he pulled the cover over us. Jade was listening to her iPod and writing in her diary. Alex went back into the bunk area and went back to sleep. Jack got hyper and started doing random shit that kept us all laughing. Rian had disappeared and went into the back room to call his mom.

"You know if you're tired we can go lay back down now," Zack said softly.

"What's the use? Jack will just keep me up with his loudness," I rolled my eyes.

"Come on," Zack said, sitting up and pulling me back into the bunk area. We laid down and it wasn't so bad. Jack kept quiet. I fell back asleep and hoped the rest of the ride to the venue was silent. A few hours had passed and we finally go to our next stop. We helped the guys unload everything they needed for the show and then I spent the rest of the afternoon with Jade.

"So I'm glad you came back," Jade said.

"Well I wasn't going to be gone for long, I just needed time to think things over," I told her.

"Well, Alex and I are going to work on not fighting. I mean he asked me out to dinner," Jade said a little hesitantly.

"Oh?" I arched an eyebrow.

"Just as friends," Jade said quickly.

"Well I'm glad you two are getting along again," I said.

"So am I," Jade said.

We found a coffee shop and got some coffee. Then we went around to different stores. Time had passed by quicker than we had thought and we were on our way back to the concert arena. I had nothing to do for the night so I hung out with Jade and helped her sell t-shirts. When it wasn't busy I went over and watched the guys play their show. The song ended and Alex walked over to the mic stand.

"This next song is a song I wrote for my sister, Hayley. I hope you're watching over all of us, we all love and miss you," Alex said.

The opening chords of Lullabies started to play. Mixed emotions started to come over me. Jade noticed this as I started to walk out of the arena. I had totally forgotten that it would be another year without my sister tomorrow. I guess I was just so busy with everything else that I didn't have a chance to think about it. I sat down against the building and closed my eyes. Everything was coming back to me. It was hard to think about. I was so lost in thought that I didn't realize that Alex was standing in front of me.

"Skye?" Alex asked.

I looked up at him and I could tell he was hurting too. I stood up and hugged my brother and let my tears roll down my face. Alex just held me as I did this. Tomorrow was going to be a hard day for the both of us. I was glad it was another day off for the guys.

"We need to visit her," Alex said.

I shook my head no and heard Alex sigh.

"We have to, we haven't seen her since the day of her funeral," Alex reminded me.

Alex was right. It had been years since we'd seen her. None of us could face going over to the grave site and visiting her. I let go of my brother and looked at him.

"Okay, we can go see her tomorrow," I said finally.

Alex grabbed my hand and said "Let's go get some dinner."

We started walking. I was not looking forward to tomorrow. It was going to be a long hard day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Apologies for the long wait in between chapters again!
Please comment/subscribe/recommend!