Lost in Stereo

Mother Dearest

Skye's Point of View - One Month Later

We were taking a break from tour and going home for a little while. I wouldn't say I was happy about going home because I really wasn't. Going home to see the person that made me leave that house in the first place was not the greatest thing in the world. I mean, sure, I missed my mother but not as much as I should’ve. After being away from that place for so long, I didn't want to go back. I wasn't drinking anymore and I knew that my mother wouldn't believe that. She never believed anything that I did. Even if Alex told her I wasn't drinking, there was a small chance she would believe it.

The bus came to a stop and I saw that all of the families from All Time Low were there waiting for us. I saw my mom standing next to Jade's mom. I sighed and grabbed my suitcase and bag and headed off the bus. My mom tried to hug me but I pushed by her and went to the car and waited. She and Alex came shortly after saying goodbye to everyone else. Alex gave me the “be nice” look and I sighed.

“How are you two?” she asked.

“I'm good, tour's going well,” Alex answered.

“I'm fine,” I offered up.

“Have you learned anything while being away from the house, Skye?” Mom asked next.

“Why does it really matter to you? You're the one that sent me away; if I learned anything it's that you don't trust me,” I said.

I heard Alex sigh. He knew this was going to happen. He tried to talk me out of it but when I wanted to say something, I'd say it. My mom looked at me and didn't say another thing. I had nobody to talk to about anything. I knew Alex had talked to our mom while we were on tour so she knew everything that went on. But I know he didn't tell her about Zach and me, which I was glad about. He knew it was my place to say something about that and I chose not to. My mom didn't need to know about my relationships. When we got to the house I basically ran up to my room and stayed there for the rest of the night.

The next day I was beyond hungry. Seeing as I decided not to eat the previous night, I had to go down in the morning. I took a shower and got dressed. I heard talking downstairs and I stopped.

“Mom, she has changed,” Alex stressed.

“I don't believe it. She's never going to change. She's just doing this so she won't have to go out on tour with you,” Mom insisted.

“I kinda see why she hates you so much. You don't believe in her at all. No wonder why she didn't want to come home. She's been through enough and you can't see that. God, you're worse than dad sometimes! She's better off being with me instead of you,” he ranted angrily.

“You can't take her away from me!” Mom yelled.

“She's not staying here with you, that's for sure!” he countered loudly.

“She should choose then,” she said.

I walked out into the hall. They both looked at me.

“Before you try your nice act mom, I heard what you said. Alex is right. I'm better off being with him. He's been there for me my whole life. You never believed me when I told you what dad did to me, Alex did. He saw what he did to me and you would just let it happen. You don't even want to try to believe that I've changed. I have changed and you can't see that. So when Alex does go back out for tour I'm going with him,” I told her.

They both stayed quiet but I saw the smile on Alex's face. I walked past them and out the door. I had to go see someone who I knew would be able to help me. I knocked on the door and Jack answered it.

“Skye?” he said, surprised to see me.

“Where's Jade?” I asked anxiously.

“In her room,” he said.

“Thanks,” I said, pushing past him.

I knocked on her door and I heard her say come in. I knew I looked like a total mess and she saw that. But I didn't care, Jade was my best friend and I knew she would listen to me. And with that I ranted it all out to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Apologies yet again for the lack of updates. One of us is a full-time college student and is also working, so she doesn't have as much time as she used to. But here's something to tide y'all over!