Lost in Stereo

Somewhere Safe

Skye's Point of View

After having a day with Jade, she dropped me off at Zack's. I knew she was trying to cheer me up but it didn't really work. I just couldn't believe that Alex had told our mom that I wasn't going to live there anymore with her. I sighed, knowing I would have to go back there tomorrow and figure things out. But tonight I was going to try not to think about it and just enjoy my life. I knocked on the door and Zack answered it.

“Skye?” he said, sounding surprised.

“Do you mind if I stay here tonight? I'll explain everything,” I said.

“Yeah sure, my parents are out of town for the night. What's wrong?” he asked.

I explained everything and Zack let me rant it out after. We ended up watching movies and just cuddling when I was done. Around midnight we went to bed. I woke up around seven forty and I couldn't fall back to sleep. I decided to take a shower. I removed the blankets from my body and then started to head for the bathroom.

''Babe, come back to bed,” I heard Zack say.

“I can't sleep,” I replied.

I heard him sigh and I leaned up against the bedroom door. Zack got out of the bed and came over to me. He wrapped his arms around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

“You need sleep,” he said.

“I know, but I need to shower. I look like a mess,” I told him.

“You look beautiful to me,” he smiled.

I smiled back and gave him a kiss. I pulled away and went to open the door when Zack stopped me.

“Why can't I just shower?” I complained.

“Because I have a problem in my pants,” he said, smirking.

“So? You have a hand, fix it yourself,” I responded.

“Why would I do that when I have you here?” he said.

I was going to say no when he pinned me up against the wall and kissed my neck. There was no use in saying no when I knew he would just keep doing things to me. I sighed and gave into him. Once we had finished having sex, Zack was too awake to fall back asleep and I finally got to take my shower. I grabbed some of the clothes that I had left with Zack when we came back from tour and headed to the bathroom. I turned the shower on and got in. I washed my hair and my body. I didn't want to get out yet so I stayed in the shower until the water got cold. I dried off and put my clothes on and then went back into Zack's room. Zack went to take a shower so I watched some TV. I pulled my hair up into a bun and laid back down on the bed. I checked my phone and saw some text messages from Alex and my mom. I didn't read my mom's so I called Alex up.

“Where the hell are you?!” he demanded, worried.

“At Zack's. Jade took me over here yesterday,” I said.

“Oh thank God, I thought you went out to the bar or something,” he sighed.

“Alex, I'm fine, calm down,” I said with an eye roll.

“Alright. Hey, I’ve got something to show you. I’ll pick you up in a few minutes,” Alex said.

“Okay,” I agreed.

We said good-bye and I hung up as Zack walked into the room. He had just a towel on.

“Alex is coming over to get me in a few, he has something to show me,” I told him.

“Aw, I wanted to spend the day with you,” he complained.

“You'll be fine,” I teased.

Zack pouted at me and I laughed. I walked over to him and kissed his cheek.

“Maybe if you're lucky I can come back after,” I said.

“You better,” he warned.

I heard a car horn and I knew it was Alex. I gave Zack a kiss and grabbed my hoodie and headed out the door. Alex wouldn't tell me anything about where we were going and I was getting worried. After a long drive we pulled up to this apartment building. Alex turned the car off and looked at me.

“Welcome to our new home,” he said.

“You're kidding right?” I asked.

“Not at all. I can't stand you living with Mom and I'm home for a few more weeks, so we need to get this place all ready for us before I leave again,” he explained.

I smiled at him and we went into the place. It had two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The rooms were huge and so was the living room. The kitchen was kind of small but we would make it work.

“We’ll have to go out and get furniture for the living room and a new bed for you,” he said.

“Why can't I take the bed from Mom's?” I asked him.

“I don't want to fight with her about it, so it's easier for me to just get you a new one,” he replied.

I nodded, understanding. I had picked which room I wanted and we were going to get the gang to come over and help us paint the walls so it wasn't all white. We decided to go to the furniture store tomorrow and look at stuff. I would have to go back home and pack my stuff up but Alex would be there with me.

“Alex, you didn't have to do this for me,” I said.

“But I wanted to. You don't need to be in that house with Mom when she doesn't trust you at all,” he scoffed.

“She's going to fight with us when we get home,” I told him.

“Jack, Rian, Zack, and Jade will be there waiting for us so we can get your stuff out of there quickly,” he waved me off.

We left and got into the car. I got nervous when we got closer to the house. I saw the guys and Jade waiting for us, which made me feel slightly better. Alex pulled into the driveway and there was a moving truck there too. I got out and Alex put an arm around me.

“Just get in there and pack as much shit as you can. Don't worry about the heavy things, that's what the boys are here for,” he told me.

I nodded and Jade and I ran up to my room and shut the door behind us. We locked it to be on the safe side. We could hear my mom yelling at Alex. I grabbed the suitcases and Jade was pulling my clothes out of the closet. The yelling had stopped as I was grabbing my stuff out of my bathroom. There was a knock on the door and Jade opened it. We saw Jack and the boys come in.

“Start wherever you want,” I instructed them.

Jack and Rian nodded. I sighed and sat on the toilet. Zack came in to check on me.

“Nothing’s going to happen to you, we will get everything out of here,” he comforted me.

I nodded and he kissed my forehead. It took a few hours to get everything packed and out of my room. Everyone else was outside waiting for me. I walked down the stairs and saw my mom sitting in the kitchen. I walked past her.

“You'll regret this,” she hissed.

I opened the door and walked out. I was finally free of her and I was glad. I got into Zack's car, seeing as I was staying with him for the night. Alex was going to stay with Jack and Jade which I thought was a little strange, but I didn't ask about it. Zack and I went straight back to his house. I laid down on his bed and closed my eyes. Today was a long day and the rest of the week was going to be the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this has taken so long to get up! Jen and I just started writing for this story again. We're going to try to be better about updates, but in the meantime, we are also working on our joint story, Here Without You and I am working on my story, How to Love. We'd appreciate if you would read any of these, as well as comment, subscribe, and recommend! Thanks for bearing with us.