Lost in Stereo

Telling Zack

Skye's Point of View

I wasn't sure what was going to happen, but Kellin sat back on the bed. I didn't know what to do or say. It was awkward for a few minutes but then Kellin looked up at me.

"What are we going to do? Zack's going to kill you," he pointed out.

"We weren't dating when we had sex, Kellin," I told him.

"Still, he thinks it's his," he said.

"I'll take care of that tomorrow," I said.

Kellin sighed and I walked to him, sitting next to him.

"In a way I'm glad it's yours because now I really don't have to deal with him anymore, although he will be pissed. Look, just try to get some sleep," I said.

Kellin nodded and we both laid down on my bed. I was going to sneak out of bed when I knew Kellin was asleep to call Jade. She needed to know what was going on. I was surprised at how well Kellin was taking the news. I thought he would've taken it a lot worse. I knew Zack isn't going to be too pleased with this and I was not ready to have to tell him either. I looked over at Kellin and he was sound asleep. I crawled out of the bed and headed down the hall. I dialed Jade's number into my phone. I waited for her to answer.

"Hello?" she answered.

"It's not Zack's, it's Kellin’s," I blurted out.

"Wait, what?!" she demanded.

I explained everything to her.

"Wow. Uh, I don't know what to say," she finally said.

"I'm going to tell Zack in the morning that it isn't his," I said.

"Well, that's good, I guess. Is Kellin still there?" she asked.

"Yeah, he's sleeping right now," I said.

"He didn't freak out or anything?" she asked.

"Not at all, I think he knew it was his all along," I told her.

I heard footsteps coming to the front door and then there was a knock. I went over to the door and opened it. There stood Zack looking like he had been to hell and back.

"Uh, Jade, I gotta go Zack's here," I said.

I didn't give her time to reply before I hung up. I went outside and closed the door behind me.

"What do you want?" I frowned.

"I wanted to say I’m sorry," he started.

"We're done. For good. Look, I need to tell you something," I said.

Zack looked at me as for me to go on. I took a deep breath in and let it out.

"The baby's not yours," I admitted.

"What do you mean it's not mine!? Did you cheat me!?" he yelled.

"No, I didn't cheat on you. I did the math and I got pregnant before I came back to tour and before we started having sex," I told him.

"I can't believe you!" Zack exclaimed.

"We weren't even dating when I came home from tour! Why are you even here?" I argued.

"I need to grab something out of your room," he stated.

"What is it? I'll grab it for you," I offered.

"I want to get it myself," he said, pushing his way around me.

"Zack!" I called after him.

He turned around and said, "What do you have someone in there?"

"That's none of your business if I do," I said calmly as possible.

"So you do? So you're already moving on from me? You're such a slut!" he cursed.

I flinched when he said the word slut. The front door opened and Kellin was standing there.

"I think you need to leave now Zack," he told him.

"So this is who’s the father of the baby?" Zack demanded.

Kellin put an arm around me and Zack looked at him.

"Go home, Zack. I'll grab whatever you wanted and give it to Alex so he can give it to you," I said.

"You're unbelievable, Skye. You're nothing but a slut who used to have a drinking problem. Hope you have a great fucking life with Kellin," he spat.

Zack left and Kellin walked me back into my room. I knew I was crying but it wasn't really phasing me at the time. Kellin walked me over to the bed and I laid down. Kellin laid next to me and put his arm around me. I knew Zack wasn't right with what he said to me but it still hurt. I finally stopped crying.

"I'm sorry that this happened to you, I never thought I would've gotten pregnant," I said.

"Hey, it's not your fault. It happens. I'm not mad at you Skye," Kellin said soothingly.

"If you don't want to be with me, I understand. I can do this on my own if I have to," I told him.

Kellin spun me around so I was looking at him.

"I'm not going to leave you. I will never leave you. That baby is mine and I'm going to be a better father than Zack," he said.

"Promise?" I asked.

"I promise. Now get some sleep," he said.

He kissed my forehead and I rested my head on his chest. I knew I was going to have to collect whatever Zack wanted out of my room tomorrow but tonight I was going to forget about him and move on with my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!