Lost in Stereo

Never Changing

Skye's Point of View

I woke up the next morning and decided to take a shower. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I looked over at Kellin and saw that he was still sleeping. This was going to be a long day and I wasn't looking forward to it. Since I didn't want to wake Kellin up I slowly started to crawl out of bed. I was almost out of bed when an arm wrapped around my waist pulling me back. I laughed at this, knowing Kellin wasn't sleeping anymore.

“I have to go take a shower,” I said.

“You don't have to, you can stay here and cuddle with me until we have to leave,” he responded.

I sighed and looked over at him. He was staring at me with those blue eyes that I couldn't resist.

“No I can't, I want to shower, let me go,” I said.

“Make me,” he teased.

“Kellin, please let me go?” I said, with a pouty face.

Kellin sighed and let go of me, making me smile.

“Better go quick before I change my mind,” he said with a smile.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and then left to go shower. I turned the water on and got it to the temperature I liked. I hopped into the shower and let the warm water wake me up the rest of the way. I didn't want to go deal with my mom. I didn't want to go over to her house. She was going to be so pissed off at me. Maybe I could just change my mind and not go. Alex wouldn't be too happy about that though. I sighed and finished up my shower. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around myself and walked back to my room and closed the door. I grabbed some clothes and started to get dressed. I brushed my hair out and when I was done I sat on my bed. I was thinking to myself when I heard a knock on the door. I looked up to see Kellin coming in and closing the door behind him.

“Just wanted to make sure you were okay, you usually don't take this long,” he said.

“I'm fine,” I told him.

“You're lying,” he stated.

“I said I was fine, so I'm fine,” I insisted harshly.

“Please don't be this way. I know you don't want to see your mom but you don't have to take it out on me,” he said patiently.

“Kellin, just let me be,” I said, pushing past him.

“Skye,” I heard him say.

“There’s something else is bothering you isn't there?” Kellin asked.

I sighed and asked, “What are we?”

“What do you mean?” He looked confused.

“Are we friends or more then friends?” I elaborated.

“Skye, look,” he started, giving me a concerned look.

“Forget it,” I said cutting him off.

I left the room and saw Jade leaving Alex's room. We talked for a few minutes and then she left. I knocked on Alex's door and I heard a “come in.”

“Whenever you're ready to leave, we'll be waiting,” I announced.

Alex nodded and I left the room. I walked into the kitchen area and decided to make some toast. I put the bread in the toaster and took a plate and a glass. I got out the butter and orange juice out of the fridge. I heard the toaster pop up and I grabbed the toast. I grabbed a butter knife and spread some on each piece of toast. I poured some orange juice into my cup and then put the butter and orange juice away. I sat at the table and started to eat. I heard someone coming down the hallway and I looked and saw that it was Kellin. I sighed and kept on eating. The chair across from me was pulled out and Kellin sat down. An awkward silence took over.

“Can we talk?” Kellin asked.

“I don't know, can we? Or is this just going to turn out badly?” I snapped.

“Look, what you asked me earlier took me by surprise. I didn't know what to say,” he said.

“If you don't want to be together then that's fine,” I said standing up and putting my dish and glass in the sink.

“But I do. I want to be with you. You're having my child and I want to be the supportive boyfriend who helps you through this pregnancy, who will go get you random food in the middle of the night because you have some weird food craving. I don't want anyone but you, Skye. I mean it,” he professed.

A smiled appeared on my face and I turned around to see Kellin standing there.

“You mean that?” I asked.

“I really do, I promise,” he said.

His lips met mine and we shared a long kiss. We heard someone clear their throat and we pulled apart to see Alex standing there.

“If you two love birds are done, we can go get this whole mother thing over with,” he said.

I nodded and grabbed my coat and purse, and then we headed out the door. We got in Alex's car and drove off. I was nervous the whole way over and Kellin grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly. We pulled into my mom's driveway and Alex put the car in park and turned it off. He looked at me and then got out of the car. Kellin opened up my door and I got out. We started to head to the door and Alex knocked on it. We heard someone coming to the door.

“I don't think I can do this, guys,” I said quietly.

Alex was about to say something when the door opened. There stood our mother looking at us.

“What do you want?” she demanded.

“Well, we have some news we wanted to share with you,” Alex told her.

She looked at him and nodded. She moved out of the way and let us in. We all walked to the living room. Alex sat on one side of the couch and Kellin sat on the other. I sat in the middle. My mom sat in her chair. She looked at all three of us.

“Well, I don't have all day,” she snapped.

“Skye and Kellin have some news, Mom. I want you to listen to everything and not interrupted,” Alex said slowly and patiently.

I looked over at her and she nodded her head, telling me to go on.

“Well, Mom, I'm pregnant,” I spit out.

I looked down at the floor, expecting her to start yelling at me. But she didn't. I looked up at her and she looked shocked.

“Are you being serious? Or are you joking?” she wanted to know.

“I'm being serious,” I confirmed.

That's when the strangest thing happened. I never thought I'd see my mother smile ever.

“Well, it's going to be a lot of work. A baby is no joke,” she told me.

“Mom, I know. I already went to the doctors and I have appointments all set up,” I said.

She looked over at Kellin and then back at me.

“Who’s the father?” she asked.

“Me,” Kellin said, speaking up.

“Well, I always did favor you over that other guy, whatever his name is,” she said.

“Zack?” Alex guessed.

“Yeah, never liked him, he seems like a huge dick,” she said.

I started to laugh and so did everyone else. We talked about other stuff for a while and then Alex said we had to go so he could go get packed up to leave. We said our goodbyes and were headed out the door when my mom pulled me aside. Alex and Kellin gave me a concerned looked but I nodded for them to go on.

“I see you've matured a lot,” she said.

I nodded my head, not knowing what to really say.

“Let's hope it stays that way when the baby comes. But knowing you, you'll just go back to your drinking ways and go get pregnant again,” she criticized.

“I knew it was all a fucking act. You haven't changed at all. I came over here to tell you some good news and you act all nice and shit. Then you pull me aside to basically say I’m going to fuck up? You won't be seeing you're grandchild at all. Fuck you, Mom,” I went off, feeling rage.

I started walking out of the house. Alex and Kellin were standing outside of his car. Our mom came to the door.

“You're nothing but a whore, Skye!” she spat.

I flipped her off and got into the car. They guys followed my lead and Alex started driving home. The car ride was silent. When we got home I got out of the car and unlocked the door. Kellin tried to touch me but I moved away.

“I need some time alone,” I said.

He nodded and Alex gave me a look. I shrugged it off and went to my room. I closed the door and slid down the side of the wall. I started to cry. My mom would never change. I didn't see why I even went over to tell her anything. She put on an act to make me think she thinks she can treat me how she did and get away with it. Well, two could play at that game. I grabbed my phone and called the one person who I knew I could talk to. The phone rang and then the person answered.

“Jade, I need you,” I told her.

“I'm on my way,” she replied.

With that, I hung up and waited for her to get here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long, guys! We both got super busy, and writer's block struck. Updates should hopefully start being fairly regular again soon!