Lost in Stereo

Finale

Skye's Point of View

After I got off the phone with Jade I tried calling Kellin again but he didn't answer. I sighed and felt another contraction coming on. I sat on the couch and took some deep breaths in and then let them out. I would have to have Jade grab the baby bag that was in my room. That's when I remembered I had to call Alex to let him know. I dialed his number into my phone and it began to ring.

“Hey Skye, what's up?” he answered.

“My water broke,” I told him.

“Wait, what?! Is Kellin there?!” he demanded. I could hear the concern in his voice.

''No, I can't get a hold of him. Jade's on her way over to get me,” I said.

“Okay good, don't panic, just relax,” he said.

“Alex, my water broke, I can't fucking relax!” I exclaimed.

“Right, sorry, wrong thing to say to a pregnant woman,” Alex backtracked.

“How much longer until you’re home?” I asked.

“An hour or two,” he said.

I heard Jack in the background asking what was wrong. Alex told him and Jack got all excited. Another contraction came on. The front door opened and Jade was rushing in to help me.

“Where's the baby bag?” she asked immediately.

“My room. Alex, I have to go now. Just try to get some as soon as you can please,” I said.

“I'll be there as quick as I can Skye, I won't miss this,” he promised.

We said our goodbyes. Jade grabbed the bag out of my room and we were on the way to the hospital. I finally got a hold of Kellin and he was going to meet us there. The ride to the hospital felt like it took forever. We got there and Jade helped me into the hospital.

“We need a doctor right now!” Jade told the person behind the desk.

“What's going on?” the woman asked.

“My water broke, can you not tell I'm pregnant!” I snapped.

The lady paged a doctor and they got me a wheelchair. Jade decided to wait for Kellin to get there so she could tell him what room to go to. The doctors got me into the room and started an IV in my arm. If I wasn't in so much pain I would've fought them on that. Kellin ran into the room halfway through all of this and Jade was right behind him.

“I'm so, so sorry that I didn't answer, I was getting ready for one of our shows,” he apologized.

“It's okay, you're here now. If you missed our child's birth I would have to kill you,” I told him.

Kellin's eyes went wide and Jade laughed.

“She wouldn't do that, it's the hormones talking,” she said.

The more I thought about it, the more I wondered where Jay was.

“Where's Jay?” I asked.

“Shit! I forgot he was on the other line when you called me. I'll be back after I call him,” she said.

I nodded and then another contraction hit. I grabbed Kellin's hand and squeezed it. After it passed I let his hand go. I wanted Alex here. I needed him. Jade came back and said that Jay was on his way. I was nowhere close to giving birth yet. The doctor would come in and check to see how dilated I was. I was getting closer and there was still no sign of Alex. Jay got there and Jade and he decided to go wait for the guys.

Hours went past and the contractions were only getting worse. They were trying to get me to be okay with them inducing me. I refused and wanted to wait until my brother was there. I was about to give up when I saw him walk through the door. I was so happy to see his face. He came over to my other side. Jack and Rian came in between him and then the doctor came in.

“It's time, Skye,” he said.

Everyone said their goodbyes and wished me luck. Alex and Kellin got ready.

“I was really afraid you were going to miss this, Alex,” I said.

“And I told you I would be there for you. I would never miss this,” he said.

-20 minutes later-

Kendall Ann Gaskarth-Quinn was born on April 22nd, 2013 at 9:07PM. She was very healthy but they needed to run some tests on her to make sure everything was fine. They brought her back in the room a little while later and I got to hold my baby girl for the first time. She was so precious. Alex and Kellin had walked out to get everyone else. Between Kellin and Alex, I wasn't sure who was happier. They seemed to both be on the same level of excitement. Everyone walked in and I smiled at them. I handed Kendall to Kellin so he could hold her. He sat down in the chair next to the bed. He passed her to Jade.

“What's her name?” she asked.

“Kendall,” I said.

Jade handed her to Rian next. Rian was about to hand her to Jack.

“I swear to God, if you drop my baby Jack, I will kill you,” I warned him sternly.

“Oh I won't drop her,” he said, sitting down in one of the chairs next to Alex.

I was looking at Alex who was sitting next to me on my left side. Jack handed Kendall to Alex. The look on his face was something that I couldn't read. Kendall was smiling up at him like she already knew who he was. Alex smiled back.

“Look at those tiny feet,” Jack said.

“Is she going to be okay? Did the test come back all right?” Alex asked.

“She's going to be fine Alex; she was just two weeks early,” I said.

“Are you sure? I mean, I can go talk to the doctor,” he insisted.

“Alexander, she's fine. She's a healthy baby girl,” I said sternly.

“I don't want anything to happen to my niece,” he said.

“Between you and Kellin, I don't think anything will,” I said.

“We need to have a talk, buddy,” Alex said, looking at Kellin.

Kellin looked scared. Everyone in the room laughed. Alex handed me back Kendall and I held her. Everyone was talking about something and then there was a knock on the door. Everyone looked up. There was a random blonde standing there.

“Oh sorry, Alex told me this is where he would be,” she said quietly.

“Come in, I want to introduce you to everyone,” Alex said.

She walked in and Alex went over to her. He grabbed her hand and said, “Everyone this is Isabel, my girlfriend.” Everyone said hello and then she saw Kendall.

“Do you mind if I hold her?” she asked, sitting where Alex had been sitting.

“No, not at all,” I said, smiling, handing her Kendall.

“She's so adorable,” she praised.

“Thank you,” I said.

Isabella seemed like a nice person. She only held Elizabeth for a few minutes. Alex smiled at this. He looked happy. Jade was happy with Jay. All three of them were talking about something random. I was glad to see that everyone was getting along and smiling.

“Oh, before I forget, Jade would you do the honor and being Kendall's godmother?” I asked her.

“Of course, but you need to remember if she hears anything sexual, it's Uncle Jack's or Uncle Alex's fault,” she teased.

“Way to sell us out Jade,” Jack complained.

Watching everyone laugh, it was good to see us all together. If Jade and I never went on tour none of this would have happened. She wouldn't have dated Alex one last time to see that he wasn't the one for her. I would most likely still have my drinking problem and be living with my mom. Alex met someone that made him happy now and I might not have known her that well but she seemed really nice and right for him. Jade had Jay and they were just as happy. Rian had Cassadee and they were a cute couple. Zack was nowhere in the picture and that's how I wanted it to be. Although Jack was still single, I had faith that he would meet his true love one day. Lastly, I had Kellin. He was and still is my best friend. He's my better half. We had our fights but we got through them. Now we had a beautiful baby girl to join our journey with us. It wasn't about who was there for us through this all, it's about who was still here. Jade has always been my best friend. She's been there through everything for me. She will always be my best friend and she's going to make a great godmother for Kendall. Even though Jack annoyed the fuck out of me, he was like another brother to me. He could always make me laugh with his jokes. Rian was just the chill dude who would hang out with all of us and keep the peace. Then there was my twin, Alex. He was always there for me. He was there for me when our father left us and when he would abuse us both. He was my escape from everything. He got me away from our mother who was no longer in my life. I knew he was going to be a great uncle.

It wasn't about being best friends/friends or brothers/sisters. It was about bonding with people who you knew were going to be with you until the very end. People who you can turn to you in a crisis or if you just needed to rant all your stress out. We weren’t just friends. We were more than that. We were a family. Nothing was going to change that. Ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it, guys! Thank you all for being such loyal readers and for all of the great comments we've gotten. We're about to start our new story, Never Too Late, and it would be really awesome if you could check it out!