Lost in Stereo

Damaged iPod

Skye's Point of View

I decided to stay in my bunk area for awhile. It's not that I didn't want to go out and hang out with them, but I just wasn't in the mood to deal with the immature ones. I loved my brother and all but when he's around Jack, they feed off of each other and things get chaotic. I swear, one day those two are going to end up in jail. I loved them both to death, but this was just not the day for me to want to be around them. I grabbed my iPod and notebook and started to write in it. I was in the middle of a thought when Jack opened my curtain to my bunk and sprayed me with a water gun and it got all over my iPod. I gave Jack a look and he knew he was in deep shit. He started to run back to the front of the bus. I was a bit faster and grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him to the ground.

“I'm going to fucking kill you Jack!” I screamed.

I started slapping him and I got a nice punch to his stomach before Alex was pulling me off of him.

“Skye, calm down! What did he do?” Alex asked.

“He sprayed me with his water gun!” I said, trying to get out of Alex’s grip.

“And that's a problem why?” Alex raised a hairy eyebrow.

“Because he got my iPod soaked too,” I said, glaring at Jack.

“Oh shit. I didn't mean to Skye,” Jack said apologetically.

“I swear to God, I'm going to murder you in your fucking sleep. Now I have no iPod.” I crossed my arms, Alex finally releasing me.

“Use mine,” Alex said.

“But you need yours so you can write lyrics,” I said.

“Skye, if I need an opinion or I got stuck, I’ll ask you, and it’ll be fine,” Alex shrugged.

“I guess that's true but still, I can't take your iPod away from you,” I said.

“You're my sister; you aren't going to ruin it. Once we get to a place to rest we can go to Wal-Mart and get you a new one,” Alex offered.

Alex handed me his iPod and then walked to the back of the bus.

“Skye, I'm sorry,” Jack said, giving me the saddest look.

I sighed and kissed his cheek. “It's fine. Just don't do it again when I get my new one.”

Jack nodded and I went to go and find my brother. I found him in his bunk. He had his notebook out and was trying to work on some lyrics. I sat down by him.

“Thank you for letting me use your iPod,” I said.

“You're welcome. Just means you can help me out with these lyrics now. I’m stuck,” Alex replied, barely looking up.

“Of course I would, why wouldn't I want to help you?” I asked.

“Because you were forced to come on this tour with me,” Alex said.

“Alex, I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at Mom. I heard what she said to you about Hayley,” I told him.

Alex looked down. I knew he was still hurting. We all were really close to each other. Alex was just a little bit closer to her than I had been.

“I'm not going to turn out like her. I'm not going to drive and drink at the same time. You should know that,” I said.

“Promise? I don't want to lose you, Skye. You're my twin. I've already lost one person, I don't need to lose you, too,” Alex said.

“I promise, Alex,” I said.

I knew that Alex was going to have one of his moments. They were rare, but they were heartbreaking and I hated seeing him like this, but he was always there for me so I had to be there for him.

“Come here,” I said to Alex with my arms opened.

Alex did what I told him to do and we both ended up lying in his bunk. I let Alex cry and when he was finally done, he fell asleep in my arms. I had been selfish this whole time and I finally saw that. Alex was worried about me and I was too blinded by my selfishness to see it. I sighed and closed my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment??