Status: Woot! Completed and happy. ^^

Arranged

First Gift

A WEEK LATER

Rhone woke up and blasted his music while throwing on some skinny jeans all the girls went nuts for and a long-sleeved shirt that hung off his shoulders slightly with large black and white stripes. He looped a studded belt around his waist and was about to stick on his normal wristbands but he didn't feel like it so he left them off, only putting on the ring his Mom had given him. It was the only gift he felt like she actually gave with love.
Pissed off by his thoughts, Rhone stomped into his bathroom and splashed water on his face. He leaned against the counter and stared at his reflection.
Today was the day it all started. No matter what, he was going to show Nessa just how important he was. Just how much everyone wanted him. Then she would want him.
He smiled at his reflection. Who could resist him? He was devastatingly handsome, extremely sexy, and rich. Very rich. All those things - not to mention that he was smart and famous - made him every girls' dream. Hell, it made him some guys' dream, too.
Standing up straight, he ran a brush through his hair again and did a once-over check in the mirror. His hair was straight today and perfect. Check. His eyes had a smidgen of black eyeliner to make them stand out, so of course his face was perfect. Check. His clothes were awesome. Check. And his boots were custom-made. Check.
Knowing nothing could go wrong, he confidently walked out of his room, ready to start the day.
He was just coming down the stairs when he saw Nessa leaving with Joshua.
Picking up his pace, he caught up to them in the driveway. "Wait a second, Joshua. You're driving me, too."
Nessa was shocked. Although he'd only combed his hair down and into his face, he looked gorgeous. Nearly ten times than he had the days before when he'd been gelling it to the side.
How disgusting was that?
She frowned, turning her back on him and opening the passenger-side door. Joshua opened the back door for Rhone, waiting.
Rhone grabbed her arm. "Why are you getting in the front?" Rhone asked, turning his best smile on her. "Ride in the back with me."
He'd chosen to have Joshua drive him later for the past week. Why was he suddenly wanting to ride with her?
Nessa jerked her arm away, wanting to hit him again. "No thank you. I prefer company I enjoy." Not waiting for one of his arrogant remarks, she slipped into the front seat and slammed the door.
Stunned, he turned, slightly robotic, and walked to the backseat. Slipping inside as Joshua, with not-so-concealed-laughter, shut the door and rounded the car to the driver's seat.
Rhone sulked in the back, listening to Nessa and Joshua laugh it up all the way to the school.
Since when had they become such good friends? And why the fuck did his own wife like some other guy - who was Goddamn boring and a servant, no less - more than him? Everything about Nessa made no sense to him. That didn't stop him from getting a hard-on every time he saw her, though.
Today she was in a simple pair of jeans a button-up, green flannel that reached to mid-thigh and made her look really tall and skinny. He'd wanted to take her right on the floor in the hallway, but not many women liked audiences.

Image

Nessa was slightly worried. Her new husband had been awfully quiet on their way to the school and, not only that, he hadn't argued when Joshua dropped them off nearly a block away from the entrance like Nessa had requested the first day. He also hadn't tried anything funny when she'd completely ignored him and walked with Sade and Shade, who had started meeting her there almost a week ago.
In such a short amount of time, she had become extremely close with Sade and Shade. They seemed to have always been by themselves and, though they had other friends, no one had become close to them. They were in their own little world. It shocked her sometimes that with just a look, they knew exactly what the other was thinking without the slightest movement or word. It certainly didn't make hem less awesome.
Nessa walked into first period with a smile and stopped short, mumbling a sorry when the person behind her nearly ran her over.
On the desk, plain as day and as big as one of those stupid giant teddy bears girls get on Valentine's, was a vase of long-stemmed red roses. She crinkled her nose in disgust even as the girls fluttered over them.
Grabbing the card, she knew before she read it that they were from Rhone. Who else would give a girl thirty or so flowers that represent lust in the language of flowers. No doubt he knew that tidbit of information, too.
"A flower for every time I thought of you."
It wasn't signed, but the cocky attitude was channeled clearly through the card.
"Stupid boy," she muttered, tapping the card against her palm. Thirty roses, huh? He must not think of her very often. Looking at the girls sighing over the gesture, she smiled, and idea popping into her head. "You guys want them?" she asked her class. "I don't like flowers."
The girls' eyes lit up and, excitedly, they each grabbed a flower - even the guys did. Mr. Bowwerrs was only happy enough to take the obviously expensive crystal vase off her hands. And, with that taken care of, she got on with class.

Image

Nessa was annoyed to find the same thing awaiting her second period. She only hoped it didn't happen her third.
Jennifer though it was a great gesture and sighed over the card - the one that came with the first bouquet because none of the others had one. "Don't you get it?" she said excitedly, her blue eyes lighting up dreamily. She had her long red hair pulled up today, which was different, but accentuated her pretty features. "This card represents all the bouquets. Each rose represents when you crossed his mind and you have a bouquet sitting on your desk in each class so far. That's a lot of thoughts. I wonder if you'll get one in each class?"
Nessa snorted. "I hope not. Besides, I have P.E. next." She smiled. "No desk."
"Aw." she said, disappointed. "It's so cute that he knows where you sit and everything."
Nessa rolled her eyes. "More stalker-ish than anything."
Jennifer flashed a rare smile. "Don't be like that. I'd give anything to have a guy like me that much."
Nessa stayed quiet. Jennifer was a nice girl, and they got along well, but Nessa really knew nothing about her. She was rather private. Opinionated, but private. Outside class, they never spoke and rarely saw each other.
She wondered what her friend would think if she knew that the guy was just wasting money to get into her pants.
Nessa sighed. At least the flowers were easy to get rid of. But she was getting pissed at seeing vases of them on her desks. Yes, they were nice. Okay, it smelled good. But, dammit, one bouquet's enough. What the hell did he expect her to do? Lug them on a wagon behind her all day long? She swore, if she saw another rose, she was going to lose it.
So, she was very thankful when she opened her locker in the locker room and found it empty. Relieved, she got dressed and headed out to the field to meet the twins. It's not like a vase could stay upright in that locker anyway.
"No way," Sade said with wide eyes as they stretched. Today was just running around the track. "Rhone put flowers on your desks?"
Nessa grabbed her elbow, pulling it tight across her chest. "Knowing him, he probably paid someone to do it, but yeah. "His note said that each rose was for every time he thought about me."
"Aw. I'm so jealous!" Sade pouted. "That's a sweet line. Don't you think, Shade?"
Shade's face went pink and Nessa smiled. Shade was one of those people that had "cute" written all over his personality. "Yeah," he said quietly, straightening from touching his toes. His face said that he didn't really agree. "Sweet."
"Well," Nessa said. "I never thought roses were annoying, but Rhone's starting to prove me wrong. I'm just glad I won't have to see any more."
The whistle blew for them to start running and Sade said with a smile, "Knowing Rhone's reputation, I wouldn't count on that."
A sinking suspicion in the back of Nessa's mind had her thinking that maybe he was right.

Image

Nessa was sweaty, but she felt refreshed after running out all her stress. And what she couldn't run out, the twins had made her laugh out. She was really started to love this class.
But P.E. was over and it was time to hit the showers. Nessa opened her locker and jumped back in surprise. Rose heads fell out in the tons, spreading all over the floor and smothering everything in the scent. She knew her clothes and backpack would smell just a pungent.
She grabbed her clothes on a frustrated noise and slammed her locker door. After she was done with her shower, she was going to show Rhone just how prickly roses could be.

Image

"Rhone Blossom!"
Rhone turned, a smile on his face and was met by a fist. It smashed into his nose and sprawled him out on the floor, making the easiest girl in school - a blonde bimbo named Kylie who kept chasing after him - let out a scream that hurt more than the punch had. When he picked himself off the concrete, his ears were ringing and his nose was killing him.
"Nessa," he growled. Why the hell was she punching him? He wrinkled his nose, moving it around to get some feeling back. The fucking thing had gone numb. "What the fuck did I do this time?"
"That's what I want to ask!" she yelled. People around them stopped what they were doing and watched. He wasn't surprised. This would make for good gossip. "What the hell is with all the damn flowers?"
Rhone crossed his arms and smirked. Nessa was really beginning to hate that stupid look of his. The more she saw it, the more it pissed her off.
After getting out of the shower, she'd grabbed her stuff, cleaned out those damned flowers and gone in search of her self-important husband. She'd found him arm-in-arm with a blonde and trailing a brunette and redhead as he crossed the courtyard to one of the many tables that probably seated adoring fans - and band members somewhere. So, with Sade and Shade close on her heels, she'd walked up to him and done exactly what she wanted: introduced her fist to his face.
The twins were now snickering behind her, ever her support. And, damn, she loved them for it.
"They're for you," Rhone said, all confidence.
Nessa sighed. "Right," she mumbled. "I forgot I was dealing with you -which means I need to speak in simple terms." In a louder voice she asked, "Why did you have flowers put in my locker and on my desks?"
He frowned, confused. "You didn't like them? I thought girls liked flowers with something romantic on the card."
She rolled my eyes. "Of course girls like flowers. From guys they like. You see, Rhone, normally, in order for the girl to be happy about it, they have to want the guy in some way. Otherwise, it's just annoying and damn creepy."
He smiled at her, pleased with something. "Then everything's okay."
Nessa looked at the twins for help, but they just shrugged, as confused as she was. "I can't believe I'm going to ask this," she said, rubbing her forehead, "but why?"
Rhone's smile grew cocky. "Because you like me, of course."
Nessa was in shock. How in all the world had he come to that conclusion? She'd completely ignored him every chance she got and when she didn't, it was because she wasn't around him. What put these stupid and groundless assumptions into his head? He must be smoking something. It was the only explanation left. No one could be that arrogant without medicinal help.
"Okay, you delusional jackass," Nessa said to him. "I'm not sure how you arrived at that conclusion since I gag at the thought of you and make that quite obvious, but I'll tell you again. I don't like you. At all. So take your flowers and go for a long walk on a short pier and LEAVE ME ALONE!"
She went to leave, but Rhone grabbed her arm tightly. Rhone had no idea why she was so mad, but he wasn't going to let her get the last word. Not this time.
Dropping his voice, he said, "You're my wife. I can't leave you alone. " He raised his voice so people around them could hear. "I won't leave you alone. I'll show you just how much you want me."
Remembering the time he tried - and failed - Rhone grabbed her other arm and quickly lowered his mouth to hers.
Nessa saw it coming and dropped her weight, hitting the ground pretty hard. She looked up when that blonde girl screamed and saw, to her delight and Rhone's horror - and obviously the blonde's - that instead of it being her lips he'd connected with, it was Sade's.
Nessa's laughter joined Shade's as it echoed off the walls, pulling Rhone out of his shock long enough to stumble back, his mouth hanging open and no color in his face. Nessa was practically rolling around on the floor laughing but all he felt was disbelief.
Had he just kissed a guy? No fucking way! No, no, no NO!! Rhone couldn't wrap his mind around it.
Sade was bubbly with excitement as he high-fived his grinning brother. He'd wanted to kiss Rhone Blossom for years and, now that he had, he could die a happy man. He was just disappointed that he hadn't thought to get a little tongue action while he was at it.
Rhone shook his head as Nessa got up, still laughing. He grabbed her arm again, pushing aside thar kiss. He'd deal with it later. "Nessa. You didn't like the flowers," he pressed. "Why?"
Nessa's smile faded. "Are we back to that again already?" She pushed his hand off her and faced him. "It's not that I don't like the flowers. I just don't like that they're from you."
"But it's a flower for every time I thought of you," he explained, as if she didn't already know. "I thought-"
She was already shaking her head. "Well, think of someone else."
The blonde spoke then. "Hey! Just who do you think you are?" She grabbed Rhone's sleeve, turning grey eyes on him. "Rhone, who is she?" Her voice was one of those annoyingly too-high voiced that reminded Nessa of nails on a chalkboard. And, judging by her crisp clothes, Nessa was willing to bet this girl had been pampered all her life.
Rhone frowned, crossing his arms. "She's someone I'm interested in. That's all you need to know."
"But who-" the girl tried.
"Shut up, Kylie," Rhone said harshly.
"Tsk, tsk, tsk," Nessa clucked, shaking a finger at him. "You better watch that mouth of yours. That's no way to talk to a lady. I wonder what you wife would say if she heard you."
At that, there was a murmur amongst the students.
Rhone's face turned smug, his eyes holding hers. "My wife, doesn't seem to like me, so what would that matter to you?"
Nessa looked at him sharply, warning him with her eyes that if he hinted at their relationship any more than that, she would find him a set of marbles to replace the balls she would surely cut off with great pleasure and little mercy.
Narrowing her eyes, she said, "I wouldn't know anything about that. It's your problem. But if I were your wife, I'd stay as far away from you as possible."
Something changed in Rhone's face. Something small, but it froze his expression. Nessa wondered if she'd hit a sore spot somehow, but it didn't add up. She stored that piece of information away for later and turned away from him.
"Later, Rhone," she said, not looking back. "Much later."
Rhone watched her walk away with those weird twins and tried to shake off both that ridiculous kiss and what she had said. The fact that she might leave never crossed his mind. And it's not like he wanted her to stay for anything other than a convenient sex partner, but she'd reminded him of what his Mother had done, and was still doing, to his Father. Running away because they hated each other.
Rhone wasn't a romantic idiot. He didn't think he would ever fall for anyone and live like a fairytale with his music and his ideal woman. No. He didn't believe in that type of hell. But he also didn't want a marriage like his parents had.
And he wanted kids. Even if he didn't want a wife, he wanted kids. Just so he could show his asshole Father what a real dad was. He would be there for their birthday's and Christmas and make sure they had what they wanted. He would love them. And then he would finally tell his Father just exactly what he though of his "parenting skills".
He grunted in annoyance, pulling his arm away from Kylie's grasp and leaving the courtyard.
Right now, all he wanted was to sing, but he couldn't leave school. He knew exactly where to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just wanna say that I love Sade. lol. Sade and Shade are modeled after a friend of mine. He always wanted to be a twin and he's bisexual, so I thought it'd be fun to make him a set and split it down the middle. He's got a personality that flip-flops between Sade and Shade depending on who he hangs around with. Normally he was Sade though. lololol. Either way, I love him to pieces, so it goes without saying that I love the twins.
Please, please, PLEASE comment!!!! Gamsamnida. ^^
Oh, and I changed the cover. . It fits, but I'm not sure if I like this pic better than the first. . What do you guys think??