Status: Woot! Completed and happy. ^^

Arranged

First Classes

Nessa's first class was. . interesting. Her teacher, Mr. Bowwerrs, was crazy and eccentric - and most likely hiding the fact that he was gay. He taught English in a somewhat tedious way, but gave the work early enough that Nessa didn't have to concentrate on his speeches to learn the material.
Her second period was uneventful with science, thought she did meet a really nice girl by the name of Jennifer who, though seemed rather shy, wasn't afraid to voice her opinion if necessary.
Third period was phys ed, a fact which Nessa was grateful for since it meant that she could have time for a shower seeing as lunch was after. She also had the twins in this class, and considering that she'd always been the odd one out in sports, she felt it was another good thing.
Fourth rolled by with relative ease after lunch. Shade was in the Home EC class with her - along with another psycho and loud teacher by the name of Mrs. Matten - but Sade was nowhere to be found. When Nessa asked where he might be, Shade had said that this was just another one of their "little differences".
Nessa's last class was Civics and Econ. It seemed that she didn't need to take another math class - for which she was grateful - because of her credits. In this class she was, unfortunately, stuck with Rhone. Thankfully, he didn't show up, but his name was called anyway.
Nessa suppressed a sigh. She was hoping to look forward to Civics and Econ, but that just didn't seem to be the case. Especially if her cheating husband - who just happened to not know of her existence - happened to be in the same room.
The year was going to be eventful. Definitely eventful.

Image

"So you guys made out, but you wouldn't let him go all the way?" Sade asked for what had to be the hundredth time. What could he say? He liked a good story. "I bet he was pissed."
"Well," Nessa started. "I'm sure he was. . After he got over the shock of being rejected. I'm serious, guys. I don't think the poor guy has ever been told no before."
"Definitely-" Sade started.
"-not," Shade finished.
Nessa had already gotten used to their weird way of talking. And after listening to them for a day, it was easy to tell them apart. Sade talked - a lot - and Shade only spoke when he felt necessary. It was another "little" difference between the odd pair, but , somehow, they'd clicked as if they'd known each other their whole lives.
"So why did you reject him?" Sade asked.
They were just milling about after school on the front steps like nothing was easier. It was nice. Peaceful almost.
Nessa leaned back on the steps. "Well, for one, I'm not the kind of girl to spread her legs just because the guy's gorgeous. And, for another-" She paused, not wanting to tell them, but also wanting to as well. . It was confusing. "Well. . It's sort of a long story. I guess you could say that he and I already have a rather permanent relationship that I would like to keep as uncomplicated as possible."
They fell silent for a minute.
"You know what I heard?" Sade said suddenly, excited. "I heard that his dad married him off over the Summer." Nessa blanched, then felt herself flush. "Yeah. It's a whole big rumor going around campus that his wife is new in town and from the family of his grandpa's love or something. And now they're married and living in his mansion. Isn't that crazy?"
"Yeah," Nessa mumbled. She wanted to crawl into a hole. "Crazy."
"I mean," Sade continued. "I could see popping in for a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am thing, but marriage! And to Rhone Blossom. He can't keep his pants buttoned. Can you imagine how his wife would feel-" He looked over at her. "-if she found out what a sleeze-OH MY GOD!!!" He bolted upright as Nessa hid her face. "You're shitting me! Nessa, you've got to be kidding. You?! Really?"
"You're married?" Shade asked, surprised. He felt a little twinge of regret that he studiously shoved aside.
"To him?" Sade asked, his voice dropping to a whisper even though no one was around. "What's it like? Living with him, I mean."
Nessa swallowed, then cleared her throat to find her voice. "You guys can't tell anyone, okay? I'm serious. I don't want anyone to know we're stuck with each other."
The twins nodded eagerly, identical heads bobbing.
"Right," Nessa conceded. "Truthfully? I didn't even meet him until today. I mean, there was no ceremony or anything. My Aunt snuck the papers into a stack of documents I had to sign while I was packing. I thought it was all custody rights and crap." She shrugged, hating her Aunt, but knowing she was never going to change. "Obviously, I was wrong."
Sade sat back with a thump and Shade leaned forward on his knees. "Woah," they both said.
"Yeah." Nessa couldn't believe she'd just summed up her mid-life crisis into a measly little paragraph.
"My condolences," Sade said mournfully, patting her on the back.
"Sorry," Shade muttered.
Nessa laughed, somewhat hysterically, she had to admit. "You know the worst part?" she asked, looking back and forth between her new friends. "His dad hit on me. Yeah. Oh! And after telling me I was already married, he said that cheating was only natural and allowing his son to continue to do that was the only way he would sign the papers. And what's worse!" she added, feeling like she wanted to scream. "My moral compass is so freaking bent on staying on the straight and narrow that I can't even think of cheating. Not all the way. Not even for fun. Stupid, huh?"
Sade and Shade folded her in a hug. Sometimes it didn't matter how long you'd known someone, sometimes people just needed a hug.
"It's alright," Sade said. "We're here for you. Besides, who needs guys anyway?"
"Yeah," Shade said, not really getting what his brother was saying. "You've got us now. Don't cry."
Nessa sniffed back tears unsuccessfully. "I'm not crying."
Shade pulled away and smiled crookedly at her. "Sure. Whatever you say."
She punched him in the arm, feeling better for no reason at all. "Shut up, Shade."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. This is the last chapter that I had written, so if the writing style changes a little after this, I apologize. I grew up. lol. I know the chapters are rather short, but they'll get longer. . Probably. I won't make any promises, but I probably won't break them up so much. I just didn't want to change too much of what I'd already written cause I liked it so far.