Status: In progress

Her Tomorrow

But Now That You're In My Arms..

Friday came quickly and no sign of Max that whole week. Once home, I quickly got my homework done so I wouldn’t have to worry about it Sunday night, and because I was anxious to go out with Mike again tonight. We decided on dinner tonight rather than the movies.

I heard him honk his horn a few hours later and rushed out my door running into Sam.

“Woah tiger. Slow down. I need to go away for the weekend. Personal reasons. Mom won’t be here either. She’s going to see some guy somewhere. See if you can stay with Mike for the weekend or only at night. Something. Just be smart and be safe ok? I don’t want you to be alone though ok? Get going though, and have fun tonight. I’ll see you Monday.” He kissed my forehead and let me pass then hurried up the stairs and into his room.

I almost tripped going down the stairs not from excitement or hurry, but from wondering about this weekend. I could stay alone. I’d have no problem with that. But so many people would. Part of me wanted to sleep next to him again, but the other part was afraid that I’d lose control, maybe push him to far. I decided I wouldn’t say anything until tomorrow.

He must’ve seen it on my face in the car. “You ok? You look puzzled.”

“Nothing. Just the normal stuff. You all set?”

“Yeah. I hope you’re hungry.” He didn’t believe me but didn’t push it.

- - -

We choose a booth in the back of the restaurant where we could talk and not really worry about who heard us. Plus we would see everything from there, but we weren’t about to let him ruin our night.

We ordered a pizza to share, half cheese, half pepperoni. When it came out we could still see the steam rising from it.

“Looks delicious.” His mouth was watering as he reached for a slice, first putting one on my plate then one on his own. He took a bite and made a sound for which I knew he was satisfied. “Tastes even better.”

“Really?” I took a bite. “Oh my God, you were right! This is fantastic!”

We ate in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying it. It really was amazing pizza. I don’t know if it was because of the company or what, but I didn’t care. I had tonight on my mind, this weekend.

“Seriously babe, what’s on your mind?”

I thought about it for a minute. “Sam’s gone, for the weekend, and I was wondering if you wanted to stay over.” Mike nearly choked on his pizza.

“Woah. Back up. What about your mom? She won’t be there either?” He looked a little worried.

“Nope. Just me.” I looked down at my plate to hide the scarlet I could feel infecting my cheeks.

“Sure. Yeah. No. I’d love to.” He was smiling, and blushing despite his attempts to hide it.

“Ok. Great.” We sat in silence for a few minutes, continuing to eat. Then picked up talking about this or that until we both couldn’t eat anymore. We had the waitress pack it up, paid the bill, and left.

We stopped at his house so he could grab some clothes for the weekend and tell his mom. Back at my house we decided it would be best if we stayed in separate rooms. He took Sam’s room, and I stayed in mine, of course. Before heading to bed though we watched a movie, laying in each others arms. We kissed good night and went our separate ways, slowly.

- - -

I awoke the next morning smelling, bacon? Still groggy I rolled out of bed and walked down to the kitchen to see him at the stove, a frying pan in his hand. He must’ve heard me because he turned around as soon as I walked through the doorway.

“Good morning sunshine. How’d you sleep?”

“Morning. Alright I guess. You?” I sleepily rubbed my eyes. I longed to go back to bed but it smelled way to good to leave, and it would also mean being away from him again.

“Meh. I couldn’t really sleep. I was up early so I got a few groceries and started cooking.”

I walked over and wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head between his shoulder blades. “You’re cooking woke me up.” I laughed softly.

“Good.” He laughed. He took the bacon off the stove and pulled eggs out of the microwave and placed them both on the table. I pulled plates, cups, silverware, and orange juice out and we sat down. It was delicious. He definitely got his cooking skills from his mom.

“How is it?”

“It’s good. You learn from your mom?”

“Yeah. But I’m nowhere near as good.”

We finished and he surprisingly let me do the dishes. While I was washing and drying he took a shower. I went up stairs afterwards while he was still in the shower and got dressed. I picked up a book and waited for him to get out. Few minutes after I heard the water go off, he appeared at the doorway.

“So what are we doing today kiddo?” He was leaning against the doorway one on one arm near his head. He looked carefree and down right sexy like that, but I shook it off before my thoughts ran away from me.

“Uhh..I don’t know. I haven’t thought about it. What do you want to do?”

“Well let’s see.” He came and sat at the foot of my bed. “We could go out. We could stay in. Or we could go out. So which is it?”

“Going out sounds like a better answer. But we’re coming back so I can make lunch. We can go back out after if you want but I’m doing the rest of the cooking. Deal?”

He laughed. “Alright. I’ll grab my keys. Where do you want to go?”

“I’ll decide for after lunch, but have no idea for now. You pick.”

“Feel like going for another hike and swim?”

“It’s so early though. The water will be even colder!”

“Yeah but after the hike it’ll feel good. Come on. Let’s do it.”

“Ok. Let’s go.”

We got into his car and drove. The hike was easier to make this time but not much easier. I slipped a few times but so did he. We caught each other, laughing each time. We jumped right in when we reached the pool. He started to swim towards the waterfall, and I followed. We met right behind it. He kissed me as he had the last time, holding me, his arm around me. It felt, magical. I just wish it didn’t sound so cheesy. I also wish it never ended.

“Jess, you’ve got goosebumps. Haha. Let’s get you out and warm.”

I blushed. “I don’t think it’s from the water.”

“Oh really?” He kissed me again. It definitely wasn’t the water causing them.

“Ok. Really. Let’s get you out. Your lips are purple.” He was laughing.

“You worry too much you know that?”

“And you worry too little. Come on babe. Besides. I’m kinda hungry. How about that lunch you promised me.” He winked.

I laughed and we got out. I warmed up on the way back down for we near ran, or rather he chased me. We got into the car and arrived home before either of us realized it.

I made him stay out of the kitchen while I made mac and cheese for lunch. It wasn’t gourmet or anything but it was fast, easy, and delicious. I brought him a bowl when it was done and sat on the couch next to him.

“Wow. This has got to be the best mac and cheese I have ever had.”

“Oh shup up.” I laughed. “It’s not. Your mom has most definitely made better. You don’t have to say that.”

“I’m not just saying it but that’s your call.” He laughed and continued to stuff his face until he had finished the whole thing. I guess he was hungry. I hadn’t even finished half of my bowl.

“Do you want more?” I went to stand up but he pulled me back down.

“You. Eat. I can get it.” He got up. I ate a few more bites and he was back. He finished the second bowl just as I was finished my first.

“Do you want more? I can’t eat another bite.” He reached for my bowl.

“No I’m fine. Thanks. I guess I wasn’t as hungry as I thought.” I grabbed his bowl before he could object and ran into the kitchen and started to do the dishes. Right as I started, he came up behind me and placed his hands on my waist.

“You could let me help you know,” he whispered into my ear. A tingle shot through my body.

“You help enough. Let me have at least this.”

“Am I allowed to stay with you?” His words were whispers and his lips, right next to my ear. A pleasant shiver shot through my body.

“Only if you’re good.”

“When am I ever not?” His voice had a teasing tone in it. He kissed my neck.

“I mean it!” I laughed as goosebumps once again created a landscape on my arms. “So far you’re losing.”

“Alright, alright.” He laughed kissed my neck again and then jumped back before I could do anything about it. It wasn’t long before he was holding me by the waist again.

He waited until I finished the dishes to turn me around and kiss me again, one hand on my waist, the other on the side of my neck, pushing me up against the counter, the water that had come out of the sink soaking into my jeans. My hands held me steady against the counter as my knees turned to jell-o. His kissing became a bit more aggressive sending a chilling reminder through my body causing me to pull away. He realized what happened almost immediately.

“I’m sorry Jess. I got carried away. I’m really sorry.” He stepped back to lean against the wall.

I tried to find words to say but I could not. Instead I went over to him and hugged him, my arms around his waist.

“We’ll get through this. I promise you.” He kissed the top of my head. “Come on, let’s go before we don‘t have time. Where did you want to go?”

“I want to see the city again, but this time let’s park the car closer yeah?”

“Yeah. Ok. You wanna drive?”

“No. Two reasons. One, I can’t drive. Two, I don’t know how to get there. I was blindfolded last time remember?”

“Oh, yeah, right. Race you to the car then! Winner picks the radio station!”, he screamed and then he was off.

He won of course but I still got to pick the station. We held hands again as we drove, and when we got there we sat on the bench and watched.

We just sat there for a while in total silence taking in the view and still affected from earlier shenanigans in the kitchen. But conversation picked up after a while, just small talk like our favorite foods and flavors of ice cream and such. Unfortunately, our conversation died down as if following the sun below the horizon. Soon it was dark. I slid over so I was under his arm, my head resting on his shoulder.

“We’re gonna make this work, somehow.” My words shattered the silence and surprised him at the same time. He pulled away, looking at me, expecting me to say more. “You make me so happy, in more ways than one.” I blushed, he laughed. “I don’t want you to go away. I don’t want to feel alone again.” I looked back at him, my heart almost silent, waiting for him to say something.

“I’m not going anywhere, unless you want me to go away. I promise.” He stroked my cheek. His palm was warm.

“Thank you. But wait, how come I can get rid of you now but I couldn’t before?” I half laughed. He did too.

“Because now you have finally given me a chance. That’s all I wanted.”

I sat there, looking into his eyes. They had something special in them, and it drew me in like gravity. Our lips met and the fireworks went off. It wasn’t a long kiss, but we both got what we needed from it, reassurance that the other would be there. I don’t think I could ever ask him to leave, especially after that.

“You have goosebumps again Jess,” he said laughing and rubbing my arms as he pulled back, pushing me away as well. “C’mon. Let’s go. Pizza and a movie at your place sound good?”

I smiled. “Sounds perfect. But first…” I took off and for the first time, I beat him to the car. We were both out of breath from running and laughing as we got into the car. I let him pick the radio station as it was only fair since I’d picked all those times before despite losing. We sang our hearts out the whole way home.

I let him stay in the kitchen while I made some grilled cheese and soup. So fancy right? We ate there too. The movie came afterwards. I couldn’t tell you how it ended because I fell asleep in his arms.

He woke me up after it was over by kissing me. I have to say, that is a great way to be woken up. He had to help me up the stairs, supporting me by holding my waist. It was a little embarrassing. I was awake enough by the time we made it to the top to get into my pajamas, brush my teeth, and get ready for bed. As I was sliding under the covers, he appeared at the doorway.

“Can’t sleep.” he said, half smiling.

I laughed. “You can sleep here tonight,” opening up the covers for him to slide in beside me.

He climbed in enthusiastically holding me close to him, his arm around my waist. I closed my eyes and prepared for sleep when I felt his lips on my neck, kissing softly, sending a tingling sensation throughout my whole body. The kissing picked up, and his grip tightened. His hand slowly moved lower on my waist to right about the waistline of my pajama shorts. My breathing picked up slightly and my heartbeat matched it.

I turned to meet his lips and they locked. Our lips danced to our beating hearts and our breathing synchronized. My hand found his on my waist and our fingers laced. I could feel my self-control slowly straining. He is so beautiful, so perfect.

He pulled me in closer and that was only the beginning. The next hour and a half was pure bliss. It felt so perfect, so right. It was the kind of thing that leaves an everlasting smile on your face. I will never be able to compare it to anything. It was that amazing. I’m also pretty sure I fell asleep smiling after, and my dreams were no less happy.