Status: Beginning

Exactly Left

Chapter 2-Royal Lies

The courtiers sighed, collecting themselves apathetically. The demon prince was "kidnapped" every other day of the week, and new dinner plans would have to be made. Ellie sat agasp. She thought it quite rude to leave the queen when she was in such dire need of support.

The great hall cleared, and the queen slowly moped her way to Ellie, the guard following behind her. "Y-You stayed!" she said, lifting her head for only a second, before beginning to snivel into the tablecloth once more.

"Of course. I think it quite rude to leave when you're in such dire need of support." Ellie explained matter-of-factly, somewhat stunned that anyone would ask such a thing of her spotless moral character. "Although I believe it curious that the perpertrator would be able to escape when the castle is surrounded from the inside so heavily." She pondered this aloud.

The queen glared at her guard. She grabbed unto Ellie's hands tightly. "My guards... they refuse to search for him! They say it is too dangerous for any demon to go out into the sunset for too long without the proper equipment!"

The guards shifted their weight nervously. For you see, dear friends, this was a lie. The fact of the matter was that because the demon prince had been "kidnapped" so many times, they had gotten tired of searching for him. The queen, much like Ellie, was not very well educated, and had believed every word they told her, assuming that the guard would never lie to her.

"Well, that's terrible, your highness! If only there were someone else who could search for the boy..." The queen narrowed her eyes, giggling wickedly. "But-But who could that be?" Ellie asked aloud, trying to remain oblivious.

"You, Ellie of the Savillian Lands, have all the qualities necessary!" she proclaimed. "I see you fit to go on this perilous mission, and if you return safely... with my son" she added quickly, "I will give you my greatest treasure." The guard gasped, suddenly sorry for their little white lie to get out of work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe? If you want that is... I had to type this up twice ><