She's Like The Gun To My Holster

One of one.

"Wha' is tha?!" Connor gasped as they walked in the small apartment, that was just slightly better than theirs.

"It's called music." Connor looked over to his left when they entered the kitchen. Riley stood in front of the stove, cooking something while a record player sitting on the table spun out music from the 50's.

"Tha's wha' ye call music?" Connor asked, a from on his face as he leaned against the counter. He prefered rock and Irish music, usually mixed together.

"Yes, it is. And you should too, or else you won' tbe getting any breakfast," She said as she dumbed some scrambled eggs on the plate in from of Murphy.

"I kinda like it," Murphy said with a shrug as he reached from the salt, completely oblivious to his twins jaw dropping.

"Connor, just eat your food before you stroke out. And close your mouth, you're gunna be catchin' flies soon," Riley muttered as she dumped eggs on the plate next to where Murphy was sitting.

x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x

"Are ye e'er gunna tell 'er?" Connor asked quietly as he and his brother looked down at the sleeping woman in front of him. Murphy sighed as he watched the woman he was falling head over heels in love with sleep.

"I dunno. Think I should?"

"I think it'd be best t' warn 'er at least. Ye don' know how she'd react though..."

"Aye, I'm not sure we should stay aroun' though, I don' want 'er in danger..."

"Does she feel th' same way ye feel 'bout 'er?" Connor asked, a quizzical look on his face as he turned to look at his brother, seeing he was in lover with her, just by the way he was looking at her.

"I can only hope..."

"Yer ne'er gunna be able t' forget 'er. I can see it in yer eyes. So why are ye considerin' leavin'?"

"I don' want 'er t' get-"

"Bullshit! We both know she's just as tough as us. Wha's the real reason?"

"I-...I guess it's jus' tha', I'm afraid she'll think different o' us if sheknows what we do..."

"Will you two shut the hell up already? I know you guys are the Saints. Now will you let me sleep?" Riley asked suddenly, rolling over on the couch as the twins jaws dropped before her.

x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x

Riley smiled at the sound of a gun cocking behind her.

"Are you two Micks finally ready?" She asked, not waiting for an answer. Instead, she proceeded to walk out the door with amazing speed, without any warning.

"She's goin' t' be th' death o' us," Connor muttered, shaking his head as his twin brother just grinned.

"Yer jus' jealous ye haven' found a girl like 'er 'fore me." With that, Murphy followed the skinny woman with bright green eyes and auburn hair out of the room. Connor sighed, crossing himself as he glanced up before retreating from the room also.

x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x

Riley didn't take her eyes off of Murphy until he was completely out of her sight. He was watching as the cops were dragging her to the interrogation room. She knew he felt like this was all his fault, but in all honesty, it wasn't. It was a mixture of her idea and Connor's idea. Murphy was silent about it the whole time, and they knew he hadn't liked it but knew he would have been overpowered, since they both wanted it to go their way.

"Okay, Miss...McCauley. What do you have to say for yourself?" Riley glanced up at the investigator with her bright green eyes, no emotion on her face whatsoever. No matter what anyone said, she had the best poker face in the world. And for moments like this, it sure as hell came in handy.

"Is she mute?" The second investigator asked, not yet coming near the table they had seated her at. Instead, she leaned against the door, watching as her partner tried to get something out of her.

"Why the hell would you ask that?"

"She hasn't said anything the whole time we've had her..."

"You can speak, can't you? Shame if you can't, pretty little Irish girl like you." Riley looked up into his face, trying to remember what his name was. Something with an M. Marano? Milo? Then it hit her. Maraldo.

"I can speak, thank you very much," She spoke slowly, glancing over to the woman, who stayed glued to her spot.

"Well then you better start talkin', or that boyfriend of yours out there isn't going to make it through this..." Riley felt the glare in her eyes as she looked up at the agent in front of her.

x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x

"Wha' e'er happened tha' day when ye were in the interrogation room?" Connor asked quietly as he sat with Riley at the kitchen table of her house. She was just playing with her food, not really hungry. She knew she was probably going to throw it up in a few hours anyways.

"They said...if I didn't start talking, that something was going to happen to my little boyfriend, or something of the sort," She said, gazing out the window to the dark night. They had been living in Ireland for five years now, after deciding they were completely done being the Saints. They were notorious around the entire United States, not just Boston anymore, and that was more publicity than they had wanted.

"An' ye didn't say anything," Connor said, more to himself than anything.

"Aye," Riley said, noticing that she was starting to speak like an Irish native, even though she had been born in Boston. Connor sighed, looking at the door as it burst open, followed soon by a crash and loud cursing.

"Tha' was obviously an empty threat," He muttered and Riley laughed as she got up to help Murphy clean up the mess he had made.

"You weren't supposed to break the shit I sent you to the store for, you know that right?" She asked as she set some of the dropped groceries on the kitchen counter.

"Ye weren' supposed t' break th' shit," Murphy mimicked in a high pitched voice, kissing her quickly on the lips before he finished. "Aye, I'm aware."

"Murph!"

"Aye?"

"Ask yer little lover if she's got somethin' t' tell ye," Connor said and Riley turned on him, sending a glare his way.

"Wha's he talkin' abou'?" Murphy asked, confusion clear on his face. Riley looked down, not sure how to word the information she was about to relay to him.

"You know how I've been getting sick a lot lately?" She asked and Murphy nodded slowly. "And how I went to the doctor today?"

"Aye..." Murphy answered slowly, not sure if he liked the way the conversation was going.

"Well, we know why I've been gettin' like that lately..." She looked over at Connor, who nodded to her, as if to tell her to continue.

"Is everythin' a'right?" Murphy asked, worry evident in his voice.

"Oh! Murph! It's fine, don't freak out, please. It's not bad, I promise."

"Well then fuckin' tell me!" He exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air.

"I'm pregnant." She state it plainly and he froze. His eyes widened and he stuttered, trying to make his mind and mouth work.

"P-..pregnant?" He finally got out.

"Aye! And guess what else?" Connor asked, gleefully from his spot at the table.

"There's more?" Murphy questioned Riley, with huge eyes.

"Twins," She said quietly, a small smile on her face as she watched her husbands eyes widen bigger than she'd ever seen them before.
♠ ♠ ♠
First one in a long time, I apologize for it sucking. I'm a bit rusty by now.