Status: Currently being re-edited. Chapters 1-10 have been re-edited.

A Muggle at Hogwarts

Ch. 11: A Shoulder to Cry On

“Violet, where are you going?” Ginny asked as she, Hermione and Ron followed me out of the Great Hall.

“To Dumbledore’s office,” I replied as I tuned back to face them. “I have to see how they are doing.”

“You’re not going anywhere, your twit!” someone screamed. I turned away from Hermione and the others and found Pansy storming down the hallway with her two little goons. Her eyes were red, as though she was just crying. “What in bloody hell did your boyfriend Potter do to Draco?”

“Get out of my way!” I growled.

There was a sudden sharp pain on my cheek. Then Pansy began screaming once again. “Answer me! What the hell did Potter do to Draco? Why in bloody hell was he bleeding so much?” she bellowed.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Ron bellowed. Just as he approached Pansy, I stuck my hand out and stopped him.

“Violet,” Hermione gasped as I brushed away the strands of hair coving my face.

“Get out of my way,” I snarled while glaring at her angrily.

“You’re not going—”

“I’ve really had enough of you,” I interrupted. “I can easily take you down because you’re nothing but a low-self esteemed coward who hides behind a magical twig, but you aren’t even worth the effort. But, I promise you, if you don’t get out of my way right now, you’re going to be eating out a straw for the rest of your pathetic life. Now, GET OUT OF MY WAY!” I growled.

Horror filled everyone’s eyes as Pansy and I stared off at one another. Thankfully, one of her friends grabbed her and pulled her out of my way before I could shove passed her. But with Pansy out of the, I quickly hurried passed.

“Vi—Violet, wait!” Hermione ordered as she chased me down the hallway.

I refused to listen and continued to run down the hallway. The entrance to Dumbledore’s office was already opened,, so I hurried up the stone stairs into Dumbledore’s office. I threw opened the door Hermione, Ron, and Ginny hurried in after me.

“Ms. Bell?” Professor McGonagall gasped as I stormed into the room.

“Where are they?” I asked.

I looked pass McGonagall and saw Harry and Draco at Dumbledore’s desk along with Snape. I rushed passed McGonagall and hurried to Dumbledore’s desk.

“I’m so terribly sorry—it was all a misunderstanding,” I explained quickly. “It was just an accident. Draco was shoved into me and Harry thought that he shoved me. That’s why Harry attacked Draco! I’m terribly—”

Before I could say anything else, Dumbledore put up his hand for me to stop. I exhaled deeply and remained quiet.

“Ms. Weasley, Mr. Welasey, Ms. Granger and Mr. Potter, would you leave the room for a few moments?” Dumbledore asked.

“What?” Harry questioned.

“Professor Snape, Professor McGonagall, please escort these four out of here. I have important matters to discuss with Ms. Bell and Mr. Malfoy,”

“Professor!” Harry objected.

“Don’t complain Mr. Potter,” Professor McGonagall said. “Now, come along.”

Harry stared sternly at Dumbledore before turning his heel and hurrying out of the room. Hermione looked worriedly at me before racing after Harry. Ginny and Ron did the same thing, and Snape and McGonagall followed quietly out of the room leaving only Dumbledore, Draco and me.

“How long have this been going on?” Dumbledore asked as he rubbed his temples.

“How long has what been going on?” I questioned.

“This issue between the thee of you,” Dumbledore replied.

“It’s nothing,” Draco commented.

“On the contrary, I don’t believe that a fight starting over ‘nothing’ is nothing, Mr. Malfoy,” Dumbledore informed as he leaned back in his seat. “This cannot go on any longer—I’m sure you two are aware of this.”

“Of course,” Draco and I answered in unison. Draco and I slowly glanced at one another. When our eyes met, we both quickly looked away.

“There’s nothing going on. Potter is simply too eager when it comes to protecting his little girlfriend, here,” Draco snapped.

“This doesn’t have anything to do with Harry,” I argued back without looking at him. “If I recall correctly, you jumped to the defense of that Pansy Parkinson of yours even after she poured her food on me and attacked Ginny.”

Before Draco said anything else, Dumbledore raised his hand up once again to stop us from arguing.

“I assume you are right, Ms. Bell. This has nothing to do with Mr. Potter,” Dumbledore said as he looked at Draco and me. “The issue is between the two of you.” I clenched my jaw tightly together as Dumbledore continued. “You need to resolve this before the school gets destroyed because of your fighting,” Dumbledore said in a serious tone. He sighed heavily before pulling out a list from his drawer. He looked down at it and continued. “I have a proposition for the two of you. It says here on my list that both of you will be staying at Hogwarts over the holiday. I wouldn’t usually do this, but due to the sever circumstances of the situation I recommend that the two of you spend time with one another starting next weekend until your problem is resolved.” He looked up at the two of us with a sincere and pleading look on his face. “I strongly suggest that you two—”

“Fine.”

For a moment, I thought that those words had slipped out of my mouth. But instead, I looked over at Draco and saw him staring at Dumbledore.

“I’ll do it,” Draco repeated. He then changed his gaze from Dumbledore to me.

“Ms. Bell?” Dumbledore called.

I held Draco’s gaze as I answered. “That’ll be fine—I guess.”

“Yes—it won’t take long for us to resolve our problems,” Draco added.

“Very good,” Dumbledore said. “I hear that you and your friends are having a little group gathering next weekend, Ms. Bell. Maybe you should invite Mr. Malfoy here to come along. It would be a good opportunity, would it not?”

“Um…yeah,” I said as I glanced at Draco. “We’re going to Hogsmeade…if…if you’d like to come.”

“S—sure,” he stuttered.

“Now that’s more like it,” Dumbledore said happily. “Anyways, I have kept the two of you here long enough. The two of you are dismissed. Go clean yourselves up.”

Draco and I nodded before heading out of Dumbledore’s office. As we descended the stairs, Harry and the others were still there waiting.

“Violet!” Harry exclaimed as he raced to my side. “What did Dumbledore say?”

I looked down at my feet as I replied. “Nothing much. Just that he wants Draco and I have to resolve whatever issues we have. So, the two of us will be spending some time together until we can solve these—these issues. Anyways,” my eyes flickered up and met Harry’s, “he’s going to Hogsmeade with us next weekend.”

Harry’s face darkened. “Next weekend? But that’s—!”

“I know,” I cut in with a sadden expression. “Dumbledore suggested it.”

Harry forced a sad smile onto his face as he said, “It’s fine. I understand, Violet.” His eyes shifted to Draco as he said, “We’ll just have to deal with it.”

“Let’s head back to the tower, all right?” Ginny suggested.

“Actually, you guys should go ahead. Malfoy and I some things to discuss,” I informed.

“I’ll stay—” Harry began, but was suddenly cut off by Draco.

“What are you Potter, her father?” Draco snarled.

“You’re begging for me to make you bleed again, aren’t you Malfoy?” Harry snapped back as he took a step towards Draco.

“Harry!” Hermione quickly called before pulling him back. “Violet can take care of herself.”

“Hermione’s right. I won’t be long, don’t worry about me,” I smiled.

Harry nodded and the group slowly walked away. Once they were gone, I turned my attention back to Draco.

“You look like hell,” Draco commented as he looked me up and down.

“Can’t say you look like Prince Charming, either,” I comment back as I looked at him. His pale blond hair was a mess. It wasn’t smoothly comb back and neat how it usually was. His clothes were wrinkled and covered with small trickles of blood and smothered with food. There was a small bruise forming on his right jaw. But I guess I couldn’t judge. I probably looked just as bad.

“So, what is it that you want to talk about?” Draco questioned.

“Why did you agree to this?” I questioned.

“You really think Dumbledore would have let us out of his office if we didn’t agree to go along with his little plan?” Draco asked. “Agreed to what I had to, to get out of there.” He then looked up at me and asked, “Why did you agree to it?”

I broke our eye contact and replied, “Same reason as you.”

Draco scoffed before saying, “Of course. Potter looked devastated when he found out I’ll be joining you this weekend. Wonder what he’d look like when he finds out you spent an entire evening with me already when school first began.”

My eyes darted up at and I glared at Draco.

“Aw, don’t give me that look,” Draco grinned.

“Shut up Malfoy!” I ordered. “Gosh, why the hell are you always like this? I just wanted to tell you that—forget it. You know what, forget it. I’m leaving. Good night.”

Just as I turned to leave, Draco reached out and snatched my arm. In one smooth motion, he spun me around to face him.

“Wait, Violet,” Draco said as he pulled me towards him a little bit. He looked sternly at me before managing to say, “I—I’m sorry. Did you have anything else you wanted to ask me?”

“It’s nothing really. Just forget about it. I’m leaving,” I said as I tried to leave. But Draco simply held me a little tighter. When my eyes met his, I noticed a small smirk on his face. His hand slowly reached his free hand up and gently stroked my cheek.

“Why is your cheek so red?” Draco asked. “Blushing are you?”

“Of course not!” I snapped angrily as I looked away from him.

This immediately took him by surprise. The expression on his face then changed as he asked, “Did someone hit you?”

“I have to go,” I said as I tried to pull away again.

“Look at me, Violet!” Draco ordered as he placed both of his hands on my face and lifted it up. I sobbed lightly as I looked up at Draco—tears threatening to escape my eyes.

“I—I’m fine. I really should go now,” I whispered.

“Did Pansy hit you?” Draco asked.

“Draco—”

“Did she hit you?” Draco questioned once again.

“I’m all right,” I sobbed while trying to lower my face. “I’m all right.”

“Don’t hide your face,” Draco whispered soothingly. Gently he lifted my face up to meet his once again. A sad smile formed on his face as he asked, “Why is it that you’re always on the break of tears whenever you’re around me?”

“No I’m not,” I argued as a tear escape my eyes.

“You idiot!” Draco hissed as he pulled me into his arms. His strong arms wrapped tightly around me pressing my body closely to his. I could feel the warm from his body warming up my own.

“Let go, Draco. I’m covered in food right now,” I wept. “I’m disgusting right now.”

“That’s not possible,” he whispered. “You’ll always be beautiful…”

That was it. I couldn’t take it anymore. I let the tears fall from my eyes and buried my cries in Draco’s arms. My arms slowly wrapped around his waist and clutched him tightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this might not be the greatest chapter, but I hope you guys liked it. Sorry for don't posting in such a looooooooooooooooong time. My bad. But yeah, hoped you guys liked the chapter, though.

Image

*** Banner made by KaulanaRose. Thank you again. :D ***