Status: Currently being re-edited. Chapters 1-10 have been re-edited.

A Muggle at Hogwarts

Ch. 6: Nice Meeting You Too

A month at Hogwarts quickly flew by, and soon October was already upon us. The Muggle issue had subsided as the month came upon Hogwarts, thankfully. At first, I couldn’t go anywhere without Harry, Hermione or Ron by my side because I would be ambushed by students asking me about being a Muggle or telling me to leave Hogwarts. But now, I think the fact that there is a Muggle at Hogwarts has become a reality most students—including myself—is finally getting used to.

As for Mad-Eye turning Draco and his friends into frogs, it ended in his suspension from school, to Harry’s disappointment. Shortly after, Snape was assigned the position as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher until another teacher can be found for either the Defense Against the Dark Arts or Advanced Potions position. Because this, I get to see his lovely face twice in one day.

But I think the most amazing news is that I actually found a class I disliked more than Snape’s two classes combined. That class was my Muggle Studies class with Professor Charity Burbage. Almost every day, she went on to explain how electricity works, and what it runs, and so on. I found the class completely boring since I knew everything already. The exams in the class were also easy because it dealt with things relating to my daily life in my own world. Although I liked the fact that the class was easy, I didn’t like being the class’s personal answer-book. Whenever there was an argument over something, I was always the one who had to settle things. Over half the time, I felt that I was the one who was teaching the class.

“I never want to step foot in that classroom again,” I groaned to Hermione as the two of us sat at the Gryffindor table.

“I would love that class!” Ron exclaimed while grabbing some of the Halloween candy scattered in large bowls across the table.

“It’s easy to the point where I could fail every exam and still do better than everyone in the class,” I said.

“Ms. Bell,” someone suddenly said behind Hermione and me. We both turned around and found Professor McGonagall standing here. “Professor Dumbledore would like to see you in his office as soon as dinner is over,” she informed.

“Oh, all right,” I nodded before she walked off.

“I wonder what he wants,” Harry said from beside Ron.

I shrugged. “Probably just wants to see how I’m getting used to things,” I suggested. “He’s called me to his office a few times after the news of my bloodline spread around school.”

“Do you think it has anything to do with those parents?” Ron inquired.

“Doubt it,” Harry said as he glared passed me to the Slytherin table. “They’re parents are just talk. Just look at them, their kids are still here,” Harry said referring to the letters sent from magical parents in regards to having a Muggle attend Hogwarts.

“Well, I’m sure it’s not anything serious,” Hermione assured.

I nodded in agreement. “By the way, Harry,” I said changing the subject, “Quidditch is starting soon, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, it is,” he smiled. “It’s a shame you didn’t try out.”

“I doubt it!” I laughed. “I’m terrified of heights!”

“Why’s that?” Hermione asked.

“I assume it has to do with my parents and they way they died…” I sadly said before looking down at my plate of food.

“You—you’re parents are dead?” Ron gasped. “Didn’t you say that you lived with your parents and sister, though?”

“Adopted parents and sister,” I explained. “My real parents…the plane they were one crash when come back from a funeral when I was two. My parents now, Charlie and Lauren, were friends of the family. They adopted me because Mom couldn’t have kids—apparently. But, three years later, Karen was born.”

“I’m sorry to hear what happened to your parents, Violet,” Hermione said.

I shook my head and smiled. “It’s all right. I—I can barely remember them, anyways.” I then grabbed myself a piece of chocolate and ate it.

“Oh, how perfect you and Potter are!” someone sarcastically exclaimed from somewhere behind me. “Not only are the two of you freaks, but both orphans as well. A match made in heaven, I must say.”

“No one asked you for your opinion, Parkinson,” I snapped as I turned around and glared at her and her two minions. “And eavesdropping is a terrible habit. I suggest you stop now before it gets you into trouble.”

“Oh, being bashful now, are you?” Pansy laughed.

“Should you be worrying about other matters, Parkinson?” Hermione questioned. “Like where Draco is?”

Pansy’s face twisted in disgust. “Don’t you call him by his name like you’re friends or something!” she ordered.

“I think if you can eavesdrop on our conversation, we have the right to call your dear Draco by his name,” I justified.

“You little—” she began while reaching into her robe.

“Watch yourself, Parkinson!” I warned. “Wouldn’t want to embarrass yourself again by attacking a Muggle.”

Pansy immediately gasped. “Are you threatening me?”

“What are you doing Pansy?”

Everyone turned to where the voice had come from and found Draco standing there with a stern look on his face.

“D—Draco!” she exclaimed with a wide smile on her face. She jumped to her feet and hurried to his side. “Where have you been? You should have heard the awful things Potter and his little friends were saying about us!”

“Speaking of us,” Draco—seemingly unaffected by Pansy’s words—said turning to me, “we have to go to the Headmaster’s office immediately.”

“What?” everyone asked in unison.

“Draco, are you all right?” Pansy gasped. “You…why are you even talking to that thing?”

“McGonagall said she could go after dinner,” Hermione informed.

“Well, I was just told otherwise by Professor Snape,” Draco snapped. “According to him, she knows the password so I can’t go without her.”

“I’ll go, too, then,” Harry said as he began to get up.

“Worried, are you Potter?” Draco said.

“If she’s alone with you, yes,” Harry replied. “After what your little girlfriend there did in class last month, I wouldn’t put it passed you since you two are so alike.”

“Why do we have to go together?” I suddenly asked, while trying to keep my voice steady.

“I don’t know,” Draco growled. “Can we just go and get this over with?” Draco said as he turned and headed out the Great Hall.

I sighed heavily as I rose from my seat to follow Draco. But as I did, Harry’s hand reached out and grabbed me by the wrist.

“Be very careful, Violet,” Harry said.

“Harry’s right,” Ron agreed. “Something doesn’t feel right about all of this.”

“I’ll be okay,” I assured. “Anyways, you all know who I left with. Plus, if I don’t know up to see Dumbledore later, I’m sure he, too, will be suspicious. I—I’ll be all right.”

With those last words, I quickly headed out of the Great Hall, and found Draco there. The moment I stepped out though, he began walking away, and I had to hurry to catch up with him.

“We haven’t talked for barely a month, why all of a sudden?” I asked trailing behind him.

Draco didn’t care to respond.

I rolled my eyes. “See see. At least answer me this: are we really going to Dumbledore’s office?” I asked when I caught up to him.

“Of course we are,” he answered. He then turned to me—a smirk was on his face—and asked, “Were you thinking I’d take you elsewhere?”

“N—no!” I stuttered while looking away from him. “Anyways, do you really not know what this is about? Or did you just not want to say earlier?”

Draco remained quiet after I asked this. But before we turned the corner that lead down the hallway to Dumbledore’s office, he suddenly stopped walking.

“My…” Draco began, “…my…my father is here.”

“W—what?” I gasped with widened eyes. “How can he even be here? Last year, I thought he was sent to—!” I immediately stopped when Draco’s angry eyes fell upon me.

“I just wanted to warn you that he was here,” Draco said.

“So, Dumbledore didn’t ask for the two of us to head to his office?” I asked.

“No, just me for now, I guess. He’s been discussing with my father for the last hour and just called for me. I assume he’s going to speak to you about the matter afterwards.”

My eyebrows scrunched together. “Speak to me about what, afterwards?”

“Haven’t you heard?” Draco asked. “My father is trying to get you kicked out of Hogwarts or else he’s going to try to get the school shut down.”

“Well, it’s not like this is the first time he tried doing that,” I sighed crossing my arms and leaning against the wall. “I’m not too worried. Earlier this month, he already discussed with the Ministry of Magic about the situation.”

“My father can be very persuasive. He is the friend of—”

“No offence, but I think you’re credibility has gone down the drain.”
Draco’s face tensed up immediately.

“I don’t you I was from a different world. I know everything about you and this world,” I informed, “though you probably think me crazier than anything at this point.”

“I—I have to get going. Just come back to the office in a little while, okay? I don’t want you running into my father,” Draco said before he turned to leave.

“Well,” someone said the moment Draco began to turn to corner, “what do we have here?”

Draco began backing away and soon, Lucius Malfoy stepped out from behind the wall. His cane was placed against Draco’s heart as he slowly turned and faced me.

“And who is this, Draco?” Lucius questioned while removing his cane.

Draco nervously looked at me before lowering his eyes to the ground and said, “That’s Bell, Violet Bell.”

“Ah, is this the Muggle?” Lucius asked with narrowed eyes. “The one everyone claims to be from a different world or something?”

“I am,” I nodded. “And you’re Lucius Malfoy—Draco’s father.”

“What’s so special about you?” Lucius wondered aloud. “You don’t look like anything special.”

“But a threat to you and your Dark Lord, none the less,” I unconsciously commented.

Lucius and Draco’s eyes both widened.

“What did you say?” Lucius demanded.

I was in loss of words when I realize what I had just said to him. As he slowly approached and hovered over me, I did my best to hold my ground.

“What…did you just say?” Lucius slowly repeated while glaring down at me.

“Voldemort is going to lose,” I bravely said. “He’s going to lose due to his own stupidity—due to the mistakes that he made. His fate had already been written out, and there’s nothing that he can do to change it. The same goes for you, Lucius.”

A grin slowly formed onto Lucius’s face, though there was nothing but hatred in his eyes. He then grabbed my shoulder and shoved me away before walking off. Draco suddenly caught me as his father walked away without looking back.

“Are you all right?” he questioned.

I was stunned at this sudden show of affection. But I managed to nod and say that I was all right.

“Are you sure?” he asked.

Without me noticing, the two of us somehow began to get closer to each other. I didn’t notice until I felt Draco’s warm breath was beating on me.

“Yeah,” I whispered while gazing up into his eyes.

“Ms. Bell, Mr. Malfoy,” came Dumbledore’s voice. Draco and I quickly pulled apart and turned to see Dumbledore appearing from behind the corner. When he came into full view, he asked, “Did your father leave, Mr. Malfoy?”

“Yes,” Draco quickly answered.

Dumbledore simply nodded. He then said, “Well, I guess you’re going to be stuck here at Hogwarts, the, Mr. Malfoy. I guess Ms. Bell, here, found a way to change his mind about taking you out of Hogwarts.”

“Sure,” Draco nodded. He then said, “I—I have to get going.”

“Yes. Good night, Mr. Malfoy,” Dumbledore called out as Draco paced down the hallway. Once Draco was gone, Dumbledore turned his attention to me. “Have a nice chat with Draco’s father?”

“I think I ticked him off a little,” I said with a slight laugh.

Dumbledore chuckled a little. “I see. Some more drama to add to your already remarkable life, I would assume. Speaking of which, how have you been handling the gossiping around the school?” Dumbledore asked.

“It’s fine. Being with Harry and the others help—I have a good support system,” I smiled. “Plus, it has died down a bit since the beginning of the month.”

Dumbledore nodded before adding, “You do know that you can always come talk to me if anyone is giving you trouble. I’m sure it’s not easy being the only Muggle here at Hogwarts.”

“Yeah, I know. But I’m fine, really. You don’t have to worry about me.”

“All right then. I just wanted to see how you are doing. You should probably head back to your tower for the Halloween party, now. All the towers are holding one.”

“Oh, that’s cool. All right then, I’m going to be heading back, too. Good night Professor,” I smiled as I turned to leave.

“Ms. Bell, one more thing before you go, please?” Dumbledore suddenly said. I stopped in the hallway and turned back to look at Dumbledore. “You know the fate of everyone in this world because of the knowledge you have from your world. I believe it would be wise to keep that knowledge to yourself. That kind of knowledge would be dangerous in the hands of the dark, if you know what I mean.”

“Of course,” I agreed. “I’ll keep that in mind. Goodnight, Professor.”

With that, I turned and headed to the Gryffindor Tower.