Pull Me From This Hole

Chapter 3

After sitting around at home for a few hours, doing nothing, my phone started ringing. It was Matt, so I hurried up and answered it.

"Hello!?" I said anxiously.

"Hey Johnny, did you call?" he asked.

"Yeah, dude. I don't remember anything from the other night. I don't have any idea what happened, but I know it was something bad. I woke up with the biggest fucking hangover ever, and couldn't remember a fucking thing. Tell me what happened, I need to know."

"Ah, shit Johnny I really don't want to have to be the one to tell you this, but I will. I'll come over and tell you."

"No, I'll come over there right now. I'm on my way. Bye."

"Kay see ya in a few."

I put on my jacket, grabbed my keys and was out the door. I started my car and Guns N Roses' 'Appetite for Destruction' was playing. I turned it off and drove to Matt's house in silence.

To be honest, I was feeling a little bit nervous to find out what all really happened at the bar. I still couldn't remember anything.

When I pulled up to Matt's house I parked my car, got out, and walked up to ring the doorbell.

He answered the door, as I was reaching to ring the bell. "Hey, Johnny come on inside."

I walked inside, shutting the door behind me, and took my shoes off.

We went into the kitchen, and he asked if I wanted anything to drink. I said no, and sat down at the table. He got himself a beer out of the fridge and joined me.

"So, this going to be kind of hard to tell you, but you're my friend so I'll just say it."

I could feel myself becoming more nervous.

"Well, we went to the bar, and we could all tell that something was wrong, so we asked you what it was and you said it had to do with Marissa, but you didn't want to talk about it."

"Yeah. Just tell me what the horrible thing that happened was."

"You honestly can't remember, at all?"

"No, dude, I seriously don't know."

"Kay, well, you went to take a piss and when you came back you saw Marissa with some other guy. I saw it too so I ran over because you were about to kill him, which I don't blame you for, but I didn't want you to start anything. And then, you broke up with her, and stormed out of the bar."

I was completely shocked to be hearing this. I didn't want to believe it, but it had to be true. Matt wouldn't just make something like that up. Plus, I should have seen it coming, I knew something was up with her, she had been acting so weird the past few weeks.

"Johnny? You okay?" He seemed concerned.

"I, I can't believe that happened. I knew something was up with her!" I was started to get mad now, I had to control it though. I couldn't take it out on Matt, he had nothing to do with it.

"Yeah. We all came home with you, to make sure you didn't do anything stupid. You just drank and drank and kept on drinking until you passed out. We all left, but we were worried about you."

"Wow. This can't be happening."

"Yeah man I know. It must be hard. Are you gonna be okay? You can stay here as long as you want. Just know that it's not your fault, you were nothing but good to her. She's just a bitch. Don't get down on yourself, she's not worth it anyway."

"Thanks. I think I'll stay for a little bit. Did you have any plans for today?"

"I'm going to Val's in a little bit, but you can come if you want."

I was hesitant to answer. "That's okay, I don't want to ruin your guys' day."

"No, really it's fine. You can come. We didn't really have anything planned, we were just gonna hang out. I'm sure she won't mind if you come."

I could tell that he honestly meant it, and that he maybe even wanted me to come.

"Okay, I'll come. Thanks. It'll probably good for me to get my mind off of things for a while anyway. I don't want to deal with this right now, so I'll deal with it later." I said, not realizing I was still talking... out loud.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
And, I want to say thank you to all the people who are reading this story, it means a lot to know that you guys like it, and I love reading your comment.