Eternal Illusion

Self Control

“At least you don’t have to wear a cast,” Shou said as I frowned at the brace on my hand.

“I guess you’re right,” I replied. I had only broken two knuckles so they only put a brace on it. The doctor said I could still participate in P.E. and he gave me permission to record all my teacher’s lectures.

Shou sprawled out on his couch and pulled me on top of him. I rested my hand on his chest, listening to his heart beat in tune with mine. He lightly kissed my forehead and traced circles on my back with his finger. “I can’t pick you up after school tomorrow. I have a photo shoot to do,” Shou said.

“OK.” I frowned. He must have heard the frown in my tone because he told me I could come watch him after school. “OK, I’ll be there,” I said raising my head to kiss him. Our lips touched and I turned my body so that I was comfortably on top of him. His lips parted mine, our warm breath mingling. My fingers undid a few buttons on his shirt and his hands grabbed mine. He stopped kissing me; we both were breathing hard. I sighed then smiled. “You’re right,” I said and kissed the tip of his nose then his lips. Shou tried to get up but failed and we both fell on the floor. We laughed as Shou helped me up.

“I’ll sleep on the couch tonight,” Shou said and kissed my forehead.

“That’s ridiculous! I’m not going to try that again,” I said. Shou smiled and pressed his forehead to mine.

“Yes, I know, but I’m not sure if I can control myself,” he said and I rolled my eye. I went to his bedroom and changed into one of his T-shirts and a pair of his boxer shorts. Then I climbed into his bed and pressed my face into his pillow breathing in Shou’s cologne that still clung to his sheets. Then I closed my eyes and slowly drifted to sleep.

I opened my eyes and looked out the dark window. My heart rate sped up and I quickly looked around the unfamiliar room. I climbed out of the bed and opened the door. I glanced down the hall and saw no one so I quietly crept down it. “Hatsumei, what are you doing up?” a man asked. He turned the light on and I backed away from him.

“What’s wrong?” he asked worry etched in his features. He knelt down in front of me and pushed my arms away from my face. My eyes widened and I smacked his hands away from me. I suddenly felt tired and closed my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading (: