Eternal Illusion

Sleepwalker

I heard Shou’s voice calling my name and I opened my eyes. “Hatsumei, are you alright?” he asked tears rolling down his cheeks.

“What are you talking about? Of course I’m ok, but I do have a really bad headache,” I said and took a better look at him. He was sick with worry and his hair was sticking out in several directions like he’d been pulling on his hair. I wasn’t in his bed like I was when I fell asleep. The sky was lighter and I was on the living room floor. “What happened?” I asked placing a hand on each side of his face. His eyes widened with confusion.

“You got up looking really scared and you acted like you didn’t know me,” he replied.

“I’m fine,” I said and kissed him. I looked at the clock. “We should go get ready,” I said and went into Shou’s room.

Shou walked me to school again and he nervously stole glances at me to make sure I was ok. “I’m fine Shou,” I repeated for the thirtieth time. He sighed heavily and we stopped by the entrance to my school.

“I’m sorry it’s just that really scared me and I’m afraid it will happen again,” he replied.

“I don’t remember anything so I was probably sleepwalking,” I said. Shou nodded.

“You’re probably right,” he said and kissed me. I grabbed him before he pulled away and held him to me several seconds longer. Shou smiled as his lips left mine.

“I’ll see you at the photo shoot,” he said and walked away.

All morning I thought about what Shou had said about me waking up scared and confused. Was I really sleepwalking? Or was there something else wrong with me? My head pounded harder and my hands reflexively held my head. I asked the P.E. teacher if I could go to the nurse and she let me as soon as she saw me. My head pounded uncontrollably and a painful flare started in my stomach. I put my hands on the counter of the girls’ bathroom sink and looked into the mirror. My eyes were bloodshot and my nose was bleeding a little. I grabbed a paper towel and wiped my nose. A wave of nausea crashed over me, my insides burning. I ran into a stall and heaved. My head still pounded and my insides ached more. My mouth didn’t taste like vomit and sure enough when I opened my eyes I saw blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Concerns? Opinions?

Thanks for reading (: