Status: In Progress.

You're Left Behind, And I'll Be Exposed.

Two.

"So, will you tell me what happened today?" Jesse asked me as we stepped out of his car, each of us being hit by the chilling breeze.

"Well." I hesitated, opening the door to the house I could barely afford.

I started again after taking my jacket and shoes off and slumping on the couch, "I saw a vision." After speaking, I bit my lip and wrapped my arms around my knees.

"A-a vision?" Jesse sounded worried, as he sat down next to me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. "I thought you only heard thoughts? Was it a premonition?" He squeezed a little on my arm.

"It... Well, I think it was a thought, but it was graphic - with images. Whoever it was, was concentrating really hard on it." I spoke, and looked up at him to view his expression.

"What did you see?" He asked, worry glazing his features.

I squeezed my eyes shut and held my breath as I tried to fight off tears.

"Myself. I... I was dead."

***

After being reassured nearly all night by Jesse, I finally fell asleep at around three. I woke up late, thanking God I was on a late shift at the bar.

I arrived at work a good half an hour early, in hopes of making up for my "episode" the day before , getting to work straight away. I spent my first couple hours out the back, washing up dirty glasses, and unpacking orders.

It was about eight o'clock when I went out the front, a little scared in case anyone from the night before was there. I stood behind the bar a little awkwardly at first, looking around for something to do.

"Excuse me, Miss?" I heard a man's voice from in front of me.

When I looked up, he was looking at his hands, playing with his fingers.

"No, no, no. 'Excuse me' on it's own? No. ''Sup, beer over here!' No, far too cocky."

I watched the tall, lanky man a little confused, before realizing I had let my mind slip. I smiled, before squeezing my eyes shut and attempting to make the thoughts disappear.

I walked over to him, when my mind was black, and I asked, "Can I get you anything, Sir?" I smiled as politely as possible.

"Y-yes. Please." He looked a little worried and embarrassed. "Could I get a beer please?" He tried to smile back, but it was weak.

"Sure thing." I spoke, turning to grab the closest bottle, before handing it over to him.

"M-my name is Jimmy." He spoke, taking a swig. When he was done, he looked up and smiled, properly this time.

"Sara." I replied, whilst pouring another order. "You new here?" I asked, not being able to recognize him. He scowled, and began concentrating very hard on his next drink.

"No. I'm a regular, but I... I tend to sit at the back. I thought I'd come and be social today." His face loosened up and he smiled, before finishing his beer. "Can I get another?" He asked, gesturing to the now-empty bottle.

I smiled, before taking away the old, and replacing it with a new bottle.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to sound ignorant. I'm just usually in my own world."

"I could tell from yesterday." He giggled. "No, it's understandable. You get a lot of customers."

I turned around to grab someone else's order.

When I turned round, I saw him.

Brian.

I rolled my eyes and gritted my teeth.

"Yeah, we're usually quite busy." I replied to Jimmy, trying to sound even nicer, now. When I looked up at him though, he had changed. His features were tensed and he was edged on his seat as far away from Brian as he could manage. His eyes were narrowed as he was looking over at Brian, and his teeth were also gritted.

"Excuse me." Brian spoke, pulling my attention away. "Can I have..."

"Jack and coke. I know." I turned around to grab a glass.

"Sara, you can have your break now." My boss called, poking her head out of the back door.

I smiled in relief, and after handing Brian his order, I headed out the back.

***

After ten minutes of relief, and not having to focus on my barrier, I went back out to the front.

And then, I froze.

I was gagged. Tied in a chair. Coarse rope was strapping my ankles to the chair legs, and my hands were tied around my back. I was dirty, and covered in blood. The room was unfamiliar, and dark.

When the vision went away, I noticed Brian smirking, and Jimmy focusing very hard on his beer bottle.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?!" I began screaming at Brian.

It was his yesterday, last night, and I knew it was him now.

"Excuse me?" He looked up, disgust lacing his features.

"I don't know who it is, and I don't care, but get the fuck out of this bar!" I started shouting, tears escaping slightly.

He got off of his stool, and looked at me, leaning closer.

"You're going to regret you did this. For your own sake." He spoke before leaving.

That did it. That was my proof.

He walked out, slinging his jacket over his shoulders.

"I need to get out of here." I spoke, going to grab my coat, with all eyes on me. I ran out of the bar, and collapsed on the street.

"Are you okay? What was that?" I heard Jimmy. I looked up, and attempted to scramble to my feet. He offered a hand and helped me up.

"No, I'm not okay. I need to go home." I spoke, crying a little more.

"D'you need a lift?" He asked, smiling sympathetically.

"Please." I tried to smile back, touched by this strangers kindness.

He went off, and pulled his car out the front, opening the door for me. I told him my address and we set off.

"What was that, back there?" He asked, laughing a little, obviously trying to lighten the mood.

I started laughing a little, too.

"I think that man's going to try to kill me." I spoke, shrugging my shoulders.

"Really?" He asked, a little amused.

"Yeah.." I spoke, weakly.

"You're wrong, you know." He spoke, his face unreadable.

"Why's that?" I was a little confused by his statement.

At that, he swerved and turned the car around, and began speeding in the other direction.

"Because I'm going to kill you." He smirked, before picking up a baton from the seat behind us, and smacking me around the head with it.
♠ ♠ ♠
second update :D
i have high hopes for this story.
comments, please? :) i'd like to know what you guys think
x