Status: Done;

Stay With Me

Chapter Five

*Oliva*

I guess I fell back to sleep while Jason and I were watching tv because when I woke up again I was in my bedroom. I turned to my side, surprised to see that Jason was fast asleep too. He looked exhausted. I put my hand on his forehead. He was burning up. Perfect moment to say, I told you so. Instead, I went downstairs and poured some water for him and brought up some pills to help with his cold. I let him sleep for another hour or so while I buried myself in homework. Next week would be the last week of high school but we still had a lot to do before we graduated. When I was finished I crept into bed again. I brushed back Jason’s hair and kissed him softly on his forehead. He finally woke up, “Hello to you too, Beautiful.”

I playfully punched his arm and showed him the pills and water. “I told you, you were going to get sick. You need to take care of yourself if you want to be all healthy and happy for graduation.” He swallowed the pills and water before laying back down and starring at me again.

“Graduation,” he said with a smile.

“Freedom,” I said, finishing his thought. He nodded and repeated, “Freedom.”

Jason’s phone started ringing, he didn’t answer it at first. But it kept ringing. Over and over again. Finally, he let out a breath full of frustration and turned the phone on speaker and placed it on my stomach. “What do you want,” he asked in a bitter tone.

“You.” I realized it was Shelby on the line.

“Shelby, I told you. We’re over. I don’t want anything to do with you or anything that includes you.”

“Can I see you?” She begged, “Is it too cold outside for you?”

“No.” I knew he only answered the first question.

“Please… Before I leave.” There was a long pause. No one said anything. Jason just looked up at me. His eyes bitter with hate for her. He must’ve seen something change in the way I looked at him because his eyes became soft and he apologized. “Oh baby it’s okay, I forgive you,” I guess Shelby misunderstood that he was apologizing to me and not her.

“I wasn’t apologizing to you.” Short. Simple. Bitter.

“Who then? Who are you with?”

“None of your business.”

“Well whatever. I leave today. I’m moving to New York. It’d be nice if I saw you before I left. My flight takes off at 9:15. My plane number is---“ Jason shut the phone before she could finish. He threw his phone to the side and turned to face me.

His eyes didn’t change. I traced his eyes again which made him shut them tight. I kissed his closed eyes. “Don’t be mad anymore. Please.” With that said, when he opened his eyes again, he was back to normal. His eyes were Jason eyes. No longer filled with bitterness. “Sorry, I didn’t mean---“

“Shhh. Don’t worry.”

“You want something to eat?” I shook my head and watched Jason leave to go get something to eat. I took this opportunity to take a shower and brush my teeth. When I was done, I just slipped on my underwear and an oversized T-shirt. Jason was still downstairs. Today was a nice do nothing day.

I turned off the light in my bathroom and closed the window blinds. The only light in my bedroom was the moonlight that slipped its way in from behind the blinds. I slipped back into bed thankful that I wasn’t alone. I looked at my phone, it was 8:50. Almost 9.

*Jason*

I wasn’t hungry at all. I just didn’t want Olivia to see me like that anymore. I was already mad for losing myself in front of Live. She didn’t need to see me like that. Today was a good do nothing day. That is, until Shelby ruined it. I heard the water go on upstairs. Live must be taking a shower. I lied down flat on the floor just starring at the ceiling. Shelby is finally leaving. I know it’s mean, but I couldn’t help but smile and feel so happy. The water shut off and the house was silent again. All I could hear were Live’s footsteps. Then it went quiet. I’m pretty sure she was already tucked away in bed. But I wasn’t ready to go back upstairs. I looked around for the time, 8:59…

I grabbed my keys and headed to my car. I’ll be back Oliva. I promise.

I drove down town as fast as I could without getting caught. I’m sure I wasn’t too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
Where's Jason Going ?! o__o.'