Status: Done;

Stay With Me

Chapter Nine - Olivia

Once we got back to my house we decided to invite some friends over to sort of have more fun. Jason called over his friends Gabe, Char, Rizza, and Ricky. Those two boys and Jason were like family, leaving Rizza and Char as the mother figure in their little group. Always looking out for them and helping them out when they get in trouble. “Olivia,” I heard someone scream my name and before I even knew what was happening Rizza had me wrapped up in a big hug. She surprised me so much that she tackled me down to the ground.

“I missed you Olivia! Oh.. And congratulations!” I laughed thanking her and telling her that I missed her too. The three boys laughed as they helped pry Rizza off of me so I could finally stand once more.

I heard the doorbell chime again and I went to get the door. Again, I was tackled to the ground. I let out a giggly scream, “C’mon guys! I’m not one of those tackle dummies!” Jason helped me up wrapping his protective arms around me.

“Mine,” he said jokingly before sticking out his tongue at my friends Jody, Chris and Jake. They all laughed and everyone gathered in the living room trying to decide what to watch. Jason helped me bring the soda, popcorn, and pizza to the living room filled with yelling. We walked in on a heated discussion on which movie to watch. We have such weird friends. We settled down on the floor listening to our friends fight over which movie to watch.

The boys yelled, “Harper’s Island!” as the girls protested, “Step Up 2!” Scary vs. Dance? Which one were we going to watch?

Jason draped his arm on my shoulder, both of us laughing still waiting for a decision to be made. “Okay okay okay!” I yelled making them shut up. “Give Jason both DVD’s. Chris cover my eyes. Jason switch around the DVD’s. We’re going to do this randomly since you guys are too childish to choose.” They all shrugged and did as I said. I felt Jason lead my hands, not to the DVD’s though. I felt his soft lips kiss each of my fingers before guiding them to both DVD’s. Couldn't help but bite my lip and smile. My hand flicked from right to left, wondering which one I would end up choosing. I finally settled my hand on the right DVD and Chris took his hands off of my eyes. I showed everyone the DVD. The girls screamed, “No!!” when they saw I picked Harper’s Island. “Sorry girls, it was random.” I said laughing and leaning into Jason once more. I shifted a little turning to kiss him on his lips in return of before.

“Harper’s Island!” The boys yelled before turning off the lights and finding seats. The girls looked around at everyone. Each girl went to go sit next to a boy that they knew would comfort them when they got scared. Rizza went over to Gabe and Char sat next to Ricky.

“Hey! No fair! You guys came with an equal amount of people!” Jake pouted.
I saw Chris punch Jake and point to Jody who sat alone on the ground hugging her knees. “Ohhh,” Jake finally understood.

“Heey Jody. So---”

Jody cut Chris off, “Just as long as you guys don’t scream like girls and someone hugs me when everyone starts dying.” They both shrugged and went to go sit next to Jody. Chris on her right side and Jake on her left, both of them draped an arm around her shoulder. Double the protection. Damn Girl!

“Let’s get this over with!”

*2 hours later*

“Oh My God!! He was his son!?” everyone yelled once the movie was over. I went to go turn on the lights and everyone jumped or yelled when I did. “Olivia! Don’t scare us like that!”

I let out a loud laugh, “You boys were the one that chose to fight for this movie, so it’s not my fault that you guys were screaming half the time.”

Jason helped me clean up and when I was in the kitchen I looked at the time and yelled to everyone, “You guys can crash here if you all want to.”

Jason walked into the kitchen laughing. I looked at him confused. “There’s no need for that. They’re all out cold.” I ran into the room and saw that they were all sleeping.

“What the heck? They were all just screaming.”

“Who cares,” Jason said sneaking up from behind me, his arms wrapping themselves around my waist. “You tired?” he whispered as he kissed my neck.

I leaned against his shoulder and shook my head. “What do you want to do?” I shrugged and just stood there, loving every moment I spent with Jason. We ended up walking to the lake in the back of our pavilion again. I sat down in the same place I found Jason on Friday, letting my feet dangle off the boardwalk. Jason sat next to me and I leaned into his chest. We sat there in nothing but utter silence. That didn’t bother me though. Words didn’t need to be spoken for me to see that I love this boy. Gifts weren’t needed either. His actions spoke loud and clear to me, reassuring me that this wasn’t a game. If it was a game, I would never want to stop playing.