Status: On Hiatus. . . Probably until the summer. Sorry :/

Glitter In The Blood As It Hits The Ground

Hospital.

I jerked awake, gasping for air. That dream again! It had been becoming more and more frequent lately. Dr. Facinelli- the most expensive therapist my father could find- had told me it was completely normal for memories come back through dreams, he was sure it was a memory of that night and it would become clearer when I became ready to talk about it.
It had been over a year since I was attacked and raped in my old town, Greenvale, but still my amnesia would not allow me remember what happened. I had racked my brain on numerous ocassions but could still recall nothing of what happened on that stormy night in the heart of the Greenvale Woods.
I had woken up in a hospital bed, surrounded by strange sounds and smells. My arm was wrapped in an orange cast, I could feel stitches on various parts of my face and I had no idea who I was.
The kind nurse who came in to check on me when they realised I was awake told me that someone had found me in the woods the day after the storm. I was covered in my own blood and screaming something hysterically about some attacker in black. The police and doctors were sure I had been in the forest all night and suffered the worst of the storm under the cover of trees.
She told me I was lucky that I had somehow kept hold of my handbag in which I had my I.D. in it. Using the information on it they contacted my parents who were beside themselves with worry.
I closed my eyes, remembering my reunion with them.

"Oh Emma!" A pretty woman in her early to mid thirties with wavy blonde hair similar to mine, exclaimed as she entered my small white hospital room. "How is my darling feeling?"

She reached over to push a stray lock of hair off my forehead and I flinched away from this stranger's touch.


"Who is this woman?" I thought to myself. "And what does she want?"

She noticed me recoil from her touch and watched me with worried eyes, "What's wrong Emz?"

I narrowed my eyes at her, "Who are you?"

"I- I'm your mother Emma," she told me looking slightly shocked that I couldn't remember her.

My eyes widened and I instantly felt guilty, "Oh. . . . I'm sorry. I thought they'd told you about my amnesia."

Her pretty hazel eyes began filling with tears, "T-They t-told me but I t-t-thought they were. . . they... were... wrong. " She broke off, her voice cracking.

I felt sorry for this woman who was apparently my mother.

"I'm sorry. . .Mom." I smiled kindly trying to reassure her that everything would be okay. "The doctors are saying my memory could come back at any time."

She nodded confidently but I could see the worry in her eyes. She was afraid that her daughter would never recognise or remember her. I understood her worries completely, I was afraid I'd never remember either.
The worry only showed in her eyes for a moment or two before it was suddenly gone, replaced by a glamorous smile.
"Well since you don't remember me at the moment, let me introduce myself. My name is Sarah Lewis. I'm thirty-four years old, a housewife with two beautiful daughters, Emma who is sixteen and Lucy who is nine. I also a play a mean game of tennis." She winked laughing.

I smiled appreciating her effort at trying to help me remember my past life.

"Uhm. . . Your father, Robert, is waiting outside for us, so are you feeling well enough to get ready?" She asked me nervously as if afraid I'd break down and cry.

I nodded and climbed carefully out of the bed making sure not to hurt my left side as I had realised that, not only had the attacker marked my face, but he'd also stabbed me. I hurt like hell but as the nurses had said, at least I was still alive.
I snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of a light cough. I looked to Sarah- it felt strange to call her mom at the moment- who was holding out a pair of blue jeans and a black v-neack t-shirt.

"They said the clothes you arrive in were ruined so I took these from you bedroom back home," She told me.

I smiled and took the clothing from her and brought them into the tiny bathroom connected to my private room where I could dress in private. I pulled the clothes on as quickly as I could without hurting my wounds. I wanted to get out of this place as soon as possible and I was excited to meet my father. One of the nursed had told me how lucky I was to haves such a rich father who still cared about me. He should be an interesting character to meet.
I exited the bathroom and followed Sarah as she left the room. My stomach was churning, would this man live up to my expectations for a father?
Standing in the too white corridor was a tall man in his late thirties. As heard my Sarah and I open the door he looked up, a huge grin took over his face lighting up his eyes that looked so like mine.
"Emma!" He exclaimed, opening his arms so as to embrace me.

I shied away from, moving to stand behind Sarah, who I at least felt somewhat comfortable with. She noticed my actions- she seemed to be a very observant person- and smiled down at me, wrapping an arm tentatively around my shoulders.

"Emma darling, this is your father Robert Lewis."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow....Second Update already xD
Uhm...So yeah this is just mainly a flash back, there will be a few them throughout the story as Emma remembers parts of her past but I think they are over for the moment.
Uhm...Gee should turn up soon I think ><
It's half one in the morning over here I don't know why I'm up writing this D:

Title Credit: The Used- Hospital.

Comment and Subscribe please? :)