Status: On Hiatus. . . Probably until the summer. Sorry :/

Glitter In The Blood As It Hits The Ground

I'll Never Let Them Hurt You, I Promise

It was Saturday and for the first time in over a year I had plans to share it with someone. I was going to meet up with Gerard in the record store and after he was finished work we were going to go shopping at the mall for a bit.

I rose earlier than usual and got myself ready, taking extra care with my make up. The entire time I kept telling myself that it was entirely for my benefit and had nothing to do with the little crush I may have on the handsome teenage boy.

At eleven O' clock I left the house without anyone noticing and headed for the town. The walk to the town centre was a peaceful one and helped me think about the events of the past week.

Finally I reached the small record store and let myself in. the bell tinkled above my head and I saw Gerard's dark head raise at the sound.

“Relax, it's just me- Emma.” I told him and his face lit up when he realised who I was.

“Em! How are you?” He asked as he stood up and made his way towards me.

I smiled and hugged him when he outstretched his arms. I felt a lot more comfortable around Gerard ever since I had told him about my past life in Greenvale and could hug him with no hesitation now.

“I'm good Gee, how're you?”

He shrugged his hazel eyes dulling, “Fine, I guess. I've just been so bored.”

“Aww. . . Poor Gee,” I giggled whilst he glared at me playfully. “But you're finished in an hour so that can't be too bad.”

He shrugged, “I guess.”

Gerard was not acting himself today, he was more withdrawn than usual, and I wanted to know why.

“What's wrong?” I asked him as I eyed him up suspiciously.

He looked away from my gaze awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck with his hand, "Nothing Em, I'm fine."

I watched him for a moment or two before sighing and looking away. He wasn't going to tell me anything.

For the next hour I sat quietly beside Gerard as he served the few customers that entered the small record shop. I liked watching him work, he seemed so at ease dealing with people, even those who were deliberately rude. He'd just flash them that beautiful smile and continue in a polite manner. He was amazing.

Soon his last hour of work was done and he turned to me, that smile on his face again.

"Ready to go Em?"

I nodded and laughed, "Of course I'm ready, I've been sitting here this past hour waiting for you dumbass."

He chuckled, "Okay, let's go then."

He took me by the hand and together we left the shop.

----------------------------------------


"Oh fuck off Gee," I pushed the taller boy away from me as he attempted to lick my face yet again. "What is wrong with you?"

He shrugged, "I dunno, I'm just bored."

We were sitting in the mall's food court waiting for Frankie and Mikey to join us so we could go see a movie together.

I was getting used to this idea of having friends and I enjoyed every moment I spent with them. But that letter was always at the back of my mind. Every time I was having a good time that little voice in my head would remind that he was around, watching me.

“You okay Em?” Gerard's voice brought me out of my, once again, negative thoughts.

I looked up and realised I had spaced so long that both Mikey and Frankie had turned up. I blushed fiercely and nodded, “Yeah. . . I'm fine.”

He watched me for a moment as if to see if I was lying, but then looked away seemingly satisfied. It scared me how well I could lie sometimes.

“C'mon,” Frankie said loudly. “We've got to get going. The movie starts in ten minutes.”

Gerard rolled his eyes at the short boy's behaviour and sighed before getting up and offering me his hand.
He pulled me to my feet and together we walked to the movie theatre behind Mikey and Frank.

The theatre was reasonably full when we arrived. The guys had picked a popular horror movie, which wouldn't have been my first choice. I had lived through my own horror movie and it hadn't pleasant and therefore did not enjoy watching them on the screen. But, I didn't want to argue with them and together we sat down in the fold down seats. Me beside Gerard with Mikey beside him and Frank on the end.

The lights dimmed and I suddenly felt like I was being watched. The movie on the screen started with a graphic rape scene and I clutched onto Gerard's arm. I shut my eyes to the screams and wished I was elsewhere.

I could still feel those eyes on me and I was convinced they were his. He was watching me in this dark cinema theatre.

“Em? What's wrong hon?” Gerard's soft voice calmed me as he whispered in my ear.

“I don't like the movie,” I told him only half my reason. I knew I was being paranoid and I didn't want him telling me so.

His arm wrapped around my shoulder and leaned closer to my ear, “I'll never let them hurt you Em, I promise.”

As silly as it sounds those nine words were what calmed me down and it was his reassuring arm wrapped around my shoulder that helped me forget the eyes watching me in the dark. I watched the rest of the movie and not once was I scared or paranoid. All because of Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shit and cheezy.... I know >.<
I'm sorry for neglecting this story but I have major writer's block.

Title credit goes to Vampires Will Never Hurt You by the fabulous My Chemical Romance.

:O Have any of you guys gone to see them on tour? I did.... It was epic :P

Anyway... Comment, subscribe, etc.