Her Sunken Silhouette

Prologue: not a chapter.

Werewolf: [noun] (in folklore and superstition) a human being who has changed into a wolf, or is capable of assuming the form of a wolf, while retaining human intelligence.

Butterfly: [noun] any of numerous diurnal insects of the order Lepidoptera, characterized by clubbed antennae, a slender body, and large, broad, often conspicuously marked colorful wings.

Human: [either adj. or noun] of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or having the nature of people: human frailty, consisting of people: the human race.

Gerard lay still above the shadow of the dark. He was twitching with pain, each vein aching to believe that he caused it. That he was betrayed and he was hurt by him..

It was the sight of teeth and the soundtrack of hisses in the dead of the night, it was the pain of trust, the venom of friendship and the wound of love.

But it couldn't be. . .

The wolf lay top with his piercing yellow eyes staring at Gerard. But he knew this beast. He loved this beast. Beyond the coat and the gleaming eyes, there was a heart.

But why the blood?

And why the pain?

Gerard screamed in agony, as the teeth dug through his flesh, as it ripped apart his insides and scraped down his bones.

The tear glided down his pale cheeck as the wolf looked at him face to face, licking his blood and shredding his shirt apart. He just stared. He wanted to run, but he couldnt.

It was his last tear to shed. The wolf was shooting daggers through his glare. Gee gave nothing in return but whispers. Because there was only room for love for his best friend. He wanted so hard to die right at the moment. . . but oh, he couldnt.

"Frankie, I still love you no matter what you turn out to be. . . And I'm sure this is not your fault. . ." Gerard managed to free the words from his mouth, grasping with the unevened breathing.

"Frankie, I still love you. . . "

It echoed through the forest as a surge of pain but the whisper of compassion.

But wolves never understand. Could this one be any special?
♠ ♠ ♠
Great, i revealed the secret at the start. Ohwell, there are more mysteries yet to be told. This isn't even a chapter. I promise you, It'll get better.