Her Sunken Silhouette

One: The Masterpiece

Gerard was sketching deeply, deeply in a way that showed his concentration and desire to make the masterpiece even more beautiful than it already is.

In frustration, he dropped the paintbrush coated with Cyan which sent splatters on the floor. He examined his unfinished tree silhouette with a blue-green forest like gradiation background and walked away.

"Gee, don't stop. . .it's beautiful. What a waste if you don't continue it." Frank said, eyeing the painting with such curiousity.

"Frank, don't say that. The tree is out of the question. I feel like a failure." Gee hung his head.

Frank looked at gerard in horror. The painting was beautiful, how could Gerard have such low self esteem? He was never like this. Despite the the white unfinished spaces, what a masterpiece it could have been. No, it was a masterpiece itself.

"I don't know, Frankie. . .I feel like it's missing something." He mumbled, clutching his pencil in hand.

Frank looked at it. The tree was beautiful, perfect symmetry, perfect shading. It couldn't be missing anything at all. . .can it?

"Add an animal." He suggested, smiling in encouragement.

Gerard raised an eyebrow. But then curled his lips into a small smile. He glanced at the painting and imagined a silhouette of an animal under the moonlight.

"Like what? A bear?" Gerard asked, not sure what to put yet.

"Nah, a wolf." Frank smirked. Frank, as musical as he is has witnessed in himself an undiscovered talent, his insights.

"Oh, gosh. You're right." Gerard exclaimed, surprised by the fact that Frank himself, perfected the painting he longed to convert into a masterpiece.

Frank beamed. He felt a surge of happiness as he watched Gerard make a small sketch of a howling wolf under the blue-green skies.

Gerard picked up the paintbrush and started to sway his brush against the canvas with ink-black paint, giving a beautiful effect.

Frank clapped his hands in encouragement, standing up. "Gosh, Gee it's AMAZING!!" He blurted out. After 3 hours of watching Gerard paint, it finally paid off, now its the most beautiful silhouette eyes have ever laid sight on.

Gerard blushed. "You really think so? Well, you contributed a lot. I couldn't have done it without you."

Frank eyed Gerard as if his compliment was the most unusual statement in the world. "You're the artist Gee. . .you're always the artist, don't ever thank me. I am the suggestion-er."

Gerard chuckled lowly. "If i can't thank you, who else is there to thank, besides you then?" He asked teasingly.

"The wolf." He simply replied.

"The wolf?"

"You said 'who else is there to thank besides you then?' " He quoted sorely.

"Whatever Frank, that wolf is a simple sketch of imagination, wherin it is created by you. So. . .I thank you" Gerard growled.

"It's only a simple sketch of imagination then. Why should it matter?" Frank looked at Gerard teasingly.

Gerard sighed, giving up. "I give up. I thank you, period. END OF DISCUSSION."

"Not the wolf?" Frank asked with forced teary eyes.

"No." Gerard stuck out his tongue, carrying the canvas outside.

"And where will you put that?" Frank snapped, watching in horror as Gerard exposed the painting of pure beauty to the outside world.

"Somewhere." He smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, kinda short. Comments and suscribers are forever loved. ^-^