Status: Just decided to post it.

Run to You

Night Terror

Tom couldn’t get the phone call out of his head. His nightmares returned that night. Only it was different. Tom was in the small flat where he finally confronted Kenneth. Everything was exactly how he remembered it. He could even smell the blood and oil on Kenneth and the whiskey on his breath. The room was dimly lit and it was raining. The wind howled against the window and rain pelted against it. Lyra was nowhere to be seen. Tom was alone. It felt like hours had passed until he heard the door open.

Click. Click. Click.

The sound of high heels hitting the wooden floor filled Tom’s ears. Then a shadow caught his sight. A woman entered the dimly lit room.

“Hello, Tom.” Her voice was cold, yet familiar. “Do you remember me? You should, considering what we’ve been through together.” She stepped closer. The light hit her face, casting a horrible shadow. But Tom knew who it was. His heart almost stopped at the realization. It was Kiri Pilot.

Tom nodded. Kiri smirked. She pulled a gun from somewhere behind her and aimed at Tom.

BANG!

Tom woke up screaming and sweating. He was breathing heavily. Lyra stirred from beside him. She sat up and put her hand on Tom’s shoulder. Tom flinched, but did not move away. He turned on the lamp that was on his bed side table. He looked at Lyra. She had concern written all over her face.

“It was just another nightmare.” Tom told her.

“Was it about Kenneth?” She asked.

Tom couldn’t lie to her. Not about this. He shook his head.

“It was about Kiri.” He said.

“Kiri? Isn’t she locked up?” Lyra said.

“As far as I know, she is. I haven’t heard anything in a while.” Tom said.

“You should call them in the morning.” Lyra told him. “Now, let’s try to get some sleep.”

Tom nodded and turned off the light. He lay back down, but couldn’t sleep. He couldn’t stop thinking about Kiri.

Outside Tom’s home, Kiri stood in the rain. She approached the door and deposited a note in the door. Then, she laid a hand full of bullets on the stoop.

“I hope he rots for what he’s done.” The voice in Kiri’s head said.

Kiri banged on the door and bolted. She stood in the darkest part of her yard waiting for the door to open. And it did. Tom had found her note and gift. Now, all she had to do was wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is. This is all I've got. I don't know if I'm going to update this any further.

Comments anyone?