Status: Complete

Let Go

Christmas

“Are you ready to go love?” Iker asked sticking his head in the closet.

I looked up at him, the tears rolling down my cheeks immediately catching his attention.

“What’s wrong? Is that the baby?” he asked, rushing over to me.

“No. I don’t feel like going out anymore. Just go without me.” I mumbled looking back down at the ground, well tried would be the better word seeing as how I couldn’t actually see my feet.

“Gabriella, tell me what’s upset you? You were perfectly fine a few minutes ago.” he pleaded, running his hands through my hair.

“I’m so fat Iker! I can barely even get up without help.” I cried, burying my face in my hands.

“Gabriella, you are in no way shape or form fat. You’re the most beautiful woman in the world and being pregnant has only enhanced your beauty.” he said, wiping away my tears.

I hiccupped slightly and looked up at him, feeling slightly better.
“You really mean it?” I asked.

“Of course I do, I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t.” he smiled.

“I love you. I’m so lucky to have you.”

“No, I’m the lucky one and I love you too. Now come on, we’re going to be late for dinner.” he replied, briefly pressing his lips to mine.

Fifteen minutes later after I had touched up my makeup and gotten dressed I met Iker downstairs.

“You look gorgeous.” he whispered as he slipped my jacket over my arms.

We arrived downtown about thirty minutes later and discovered his parents already waiting for us at the restaurant we had arranged to meet at.

“Look at you Gabriella, you’re absolutely glowing.” Iker’s mom said as we approached the table, getting up and putting her hands on my stomach.

Her grandson kicked at the attention he was receiving and I grinned, always enjoying feeling him moving within me.

“I don’t feel like I’m glowing. Iker had to give me a pep talk before we left the house.” I shared, taking a seat beside my husband.

“Don’t worry, soon you’ll have a baby too hold and all your insecurities will fly out of the window.” she reminded.

“I hope so. Gosh, he’s really moving around.” I sighed, rubbing a hand over my belly.

“Is he moving?” Iker asked, his eyes lighting up.

I nodded smiling when he placed his hands next to mine. Anytime our son so much as moved Iker got a goofy grin on his face and kept his hands glued to my stomach.

“So have you two picked out any names?” his dad asked after we had ordered our food.

“Yes, in two months little Santiago Roberto Casillas will be welcomed into the world.”

“That’s so adorable Gabriella.” his mom gasped.

“Hey, I came up with his middle name.” Iker complained.

“It’s okay son, you learn to just deal with it.” his dad whispered.

“I know! His nickname’s going to be Santi.” I replied.

“I’m so excited, I can’t wait until your baby shower.”

“Maria, you really don’t need to throw me a baby shower. I think Santi’s already got more than he needs.”

“Nonsense, every mom to be has to have a baby shower. So, you’re getting one whether you like it or not.” she insisted.

I sighed, knowing there was no arguing with her and sat back, more than ready for the food to arrive.

“What’s on your mind Gab?” Iker asked.

“Food.” I simply replied.

He laughed and I instantly straightened up when the waiter brought our food to the table.

“That looks good.” Iker said reaching for a piece of my chicken.

“I don’t think so Casillas.” I all but growled, slapping his hand away from my plate.

“Never touch a pregnant woman’s food son.” his dad chided.

I nodded in agreement taking a bite and savoring the taste, feeling like I hadn’t eaten all day when it had really only been about three hours since I last ate.

“I love food.” I mumbled between bites.

“You don’t love food more than me though right?” Iker smiled.

“Right now I might.” I answered.

His parents laughed at his dejected expression and I couldn’t help but smile before turning my attention back to my food.

“So we’ll see you after Christmas. I call you soon and tell you when we’re going to throw your shower.” Maria said, hugging me as we stood outside of the restaurant.

“Ok, I’ll talk to you then. Merry Christmas.” I smiled.

She returned the gesture and hugged her son before she dragged Jose away from his son and towards their car.

“Are you ready to go home?” Iker asked wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

I nodded, feeling worn out even though I hadn’t truly done anything but even the smallest things made me tired this far into my pregnancy.
“You tired love?” he asked, running his hand over my thigh as he drove home.

“Yeah, I just want to go home, take a hot bath, and get to sleep.” I replied.

“I’ll run you a bubble bath when we get home and make you a big cup of hot chocolate.”

Even though we had literally just finished eating, my mouth watered at the thought and I already pictured myself sitting in front of the fireplace with a big mug of my favorite drink. As soon as we got home Iker made good on his promise and soon I was laying back in his arms in a tub full of warm, bubbly water.

“Have you talked to Mourinho?” I asked.

“Yeah, my last games going to be January 16 and I’m not going to go back until March.” he replied.

“You’re not going to play for a two months?” I asked in astonishment.

“No, I’m going to spend as much time as possible with you and our son.” he answered with a smile.

I had taken off about two weeks ago and made sure my temporary replacement had everything they needed before I left. The boys had played their last game until January last night and I had proudly watched from one of the private boxes with Margarite. Once I had hit six months it had started to get difficult for me to move around the pitch to shoot so freely.

“What will the team do without their Saint?” I teased.

“They manage, Saint Iker is taking some much needed time off.”

“Well I’m glad because I wouldn’t want to have to pull you off the pitch to give birth.” I laughed.

He let out a chuckle and pulled me further back so he was leaned up against the tub with my back pressed against his chest.

“You know, you still haven’t told me what you want for Christmas.” he reminded.

“I told you last week, I have all I could possibly need right here.”

“Nevertheless, you’ll still be getting something from me. I’m taking Margarite shopping tomorrow.”

“What about me?” I pouted.

“You’re going to be left at home. You won’t be finding out what you’re getting until Christmas morning.”

I tilted my head to look up at him, jutting out my bottom lip.

“That’s not working on me this time, missy.”

I frowned and crossed my arms over my chest, upset that he wasn’t falling for my usual pout.

“Cheer up love, you’ll find out soon enough.”

+ + + +

“Love, wake up. It’s Christmas.”

I groaned and rolled over, not ready to get up but knowing I had no other choice.

“Ten more minutes.”

“Sorry love, I already let you sleep in.” he replied.

“I’ll remember that.” I threatened sitting up.

“I’m sure you will. Come on, let’s go open presents.”

I shook my head at his antics as he helped me out of bed and led me downstairs where we had set up our Christmas tree.

“Iker, I told you not to get me anything.” I scolded, seeing all of the presents wrapped under the tree.

“I couldn’t help myself.”

“Iker, all of this wasn’t necessary. I feel so bad, I only got you a couple of things.” I said after opening my presents.

“I already have everything I need and more. A beautiful, loving wife, an amazing house and job, and soon we’ll have a wonderful son.”

“Still, you got me all of this and I only got you a few lousy things.”

“Come here, I’ve got one more thing for you.” he said, taking my hand and lifting me up.

‘What else could you have possibly gotten me?”

“Well it’s for the both of us in a way.” he replied guiding me upstairs.

“Close your eyes.” he said.

I did as he asked and let him lead me down the hallway. I wondered where he was taking me after we passed our bedroom but I quit my wondering when he stopped just past it. I listened to the sound of a door opening and felt Iker’s presence in front of me once more.

“You can open your eyes now.”

I opened my eyes and gasped when I saw the room in front of me. The room we had set aside to be Santiago’s nursery had been completely finished and was now waiting for an inhabitant.

“Iker! It’s so perfect.” I said, turning around with tears in my eyes.

“I hope it’s what you wanted. I got Margarite to help me with it.”

“It’s more than I could have asked for.” I replied wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling myself as close to him as possible.

“Now all we have to do is wait for Santi to make his presence known.”

“I can’t wait.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's a little short but the next chapter will have a lot of action.
Comments keep me going. :)
Dinner
Iker's Presents
Santiago's Nursery
Gabriella's Presents