Status: Complete

Let Go

Confessions

“Iker!”

I was surprised when no one came out of their rooms to see what all of my screaming was about after that exclamation, I used all of my strength to push Iker away from me but there still wasn’t enough distance between us to make me feel comfortable.

“What the hell are you doing?”

He stood there, silently looking at me before moving closer and cupping my hands in his face. I glanced at his eyes and could see an indescribable emotion lurking in his brown orbs.

“I love you Gabriella.”

I shook my head at his words, hoping that all of this was a dream and I would be waking up at any minute. I don’t now how I managed to get myself in the most awkward of situations at the most inconvenient times. Had Iker told me a year ago that he was in love with me, nothing would have held me back from declaring my feelings from him. I had waited three and a half years for Iker to give me a sign that my feelings for him had been noticed. But after getting my heart broken every time he was spotted with a different woman I just gave up hope that we would ever be anything more than friends. I had Sergio now, a man I was completely happy with, who brought out the best in me.

“You can’t love me Iker. I’m in love with one of your best friends. I could never do anything to hurt Sergio. I’ve waited years to see if you had feelings for me and eventually I just gave up hope. I found Sergio and now that I have him I can’t imagine being with anyone else.”

I’m not going to lie, I felt some remorse at what I had said when Iker’s face fell and his eyes filled with disappointment. I couldn’t stand looking at him any longer and managed to make it into my room before collapsing on the bed. I laid there, curled around one of the pillows with tears rolling down my cheeks. I was too caught up in my own thoughts to hear the door open and someone enter the room.

“Gabriella?”

I picked my head up off the pillow at saw Sergio standing at the end of the bed with a worried expression on his face. The previous events began replaying in my head and only caused more sobs to rock my body. Sergio quickly gathered me in his arms, running his hand comfortingly up and down my back in an attempt to calm me.

“Cariño, what happened?”

I took a few breaths to calm my body and prepare to tell him what had happened.

“Iker kissed me.” I whispered.

“What?”

I jumped at the angry tone of his voice, feeling his body tense beneath me and his hands clench into fists.

“I was coming back to the room and I had my back to him when he wrapped his arms around me. He turned me around and kissed me and I swear to God Sergio I thought he was you. When I realized it wasn’t you I pushed him off of me and then he, he told me he loved me.” I confessed, a Nile River of tears cascading down my cheeks.

“Iker told you he was in love with you?”

I took a wild guess in concluding the deep breaths he was taking were an attempt at keeping calm and I was so afraid my words were only going to anger him more. I nodded my head, not being able to trust my voice at the moment.

“What did you tell him?”

“I told him how a year ago I would have given anything to be with him but that was before I realized my feelings would never be reciprocated. I told him that I was madly in love with you and could never hurt you like that.”

“So you’re saying that you used to be in love with Iker?”

“I thought I was but after having feelings for him for three years I eventually got tired of being seen as his sister’s best friend. I have you now Sergio. You’ve shown me what love is and there isn’t a single thing that could tear me away from you.”

An uncomfortable silence fell over us and I began to wonder what was running through Sergio’s head. Was he formulating the words to break up with me? Would this be the last time I ever saw him? Would he find it in him to forgive me? I understand that people may think a relationship that hasn’t existed for even two weeks could never be as serious as the one Sergio and I shared was; but there hadn’t been a single moment that I felt we were moving to fast.

“Are you mad at me?”

“Gabriella, I could never be mad at you for something that isn’t your fault. I would go kick Iker’s ass right now if I knew it wouldn’t make you upset.”

“Please don’t, we don’t need any more drama. I want to just forget everything that happened and for us to act normal in the morning.”

“I won’t touch him for now. Though if he so much as looks at you the wrong way Cristiano’s going to have one hell of a time keeping me from beating him to a bloody pulp. I love you so much Gabriella, and I’ll be damned if anyone ever takes you away from me.”

“I love you too.”

Our lips tenderly met at feeling of ease settled over me as his touch instantly calmed me. As we laid in bed later that night I could only hope that this was the last bit of drama we would face for a while.

+ + + +

When I woke up the next morning it was with a smile on my face. Though I don’t know many girls who wouldn’t wake up with a smile at Sergio Ramos waking them with kisses to the neck. I was feeling a repeat of yesterday morning but like always we were interrupted by a knock on the door.

“I’ll get it.” I mumbled reluctantly.

I sleepily walked towards the door and opened it to reveal the last person I wanted to see standing in the hallway. I crossed my arm in an attempt to cover myself, feeling slightly exposed in my camisole and booty shorts.

“Can I speak to you for a minute?” Iker asked.

I nodded and stepped out into the hallway letting the door quietly shut behind me.

“I just wanted to apologize for last night. I’m truly sorry, I don’t know what came over me. I can see you and Sergio are perfect for each other and I don’t know why I tried to convince you otherwise. I don’t want things to be awkward between us and I definitely want us to still be friends.”
“I forgive you Iker. Sergio’s forgiveness might not come as easily though but you have mine. I’m only forgiving you for the sake of our friendship and so things won’t be completely awkward between us.” I informed him, telling him the honest truth.

He nodded slowly and stepped closer to me, embracing me for a few seconds before pulling away, not wanting to overstep his boundaries.

“I’ll let you go. We both probably have packing to do.”

I lightly smiled at him since there wasn’t much I could think of to say before going back into my room. Sergio was still sprawled across the bed and it made me wonder how we could fall asleep wrapped up in each other but wake up hours later with the covers all over the bed and both of our bodies in the oddest angles.

“Who was at the door?” Sergio yawned.

“Iker, he apologized about last night and said he wanted things to go back to normal.”

“Well he’s lucky I didn’t hear him because I have some choice words to share with him.”

“I forgave him and I think you should think about doing the same thing.” I chided.

Sergio shrugged and I knew he didn’t want to linger on the subject any longer so I dripped the subject and laid back down beside him. We laid there for at least an hour before managing to get out of bed and start packing for our flight back to Spain. I was re-folding my clothes when my god of a boyfriend stepped out of the bathroom with only a towel covering his lower body. My actions ceased and I took in the sight in front of me, following the droplets of water that fell from his chest and down his chiseled body.

“Should I stand here a bit longer or are you done admiring?” Sergio inquired.

My eyes snapped up to his face watching his lips curl into a smirk as smugness lingered in his eyes.

“I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.” I lied.

“Gabriella, you really need to work on your lying skills.” he laughed pulling me into his wet body.

“You’re the one that expected me to form a coherent thought when you’re standing in front of me in practically nothing.” I complained.

“Maybe I like having this effect on you. You’re easy to take advantage of like this.”

I bit my lip and leaned up to kiss him but Margarite and Cristiano burst into the room before we could touch.

“Did you miss us?” Margarite yelled.

“How is it that when the thought of sex so much as even crosses our mind they come barging into the room?” I asked Sergio.

“Dude, put some clothes on.” Cristiano groaned, shielding his eyes at the sight of his half-naked teammate.

“I like him perfectly fine with no clothes.” I shared.

“Really didn’t need to hear that!”

They could be annoying at times but I wouldn’t trade our friends for the world. I couldn’t see my life without them.

+ + + +

One of the things I hate the most in life is standing in line. That hatred only in creases when the line is in an airport in front of baggage check. I was regretting even bringing a suitcase on this trip. I realized I could have just fit all of my things in a carry on which would have kept me from standing in this dreadfully wrong line.

“I never want to step foot in an airport again.” I complained.

“At least we’re moving. Hopefully, we’ll get through security fast and then we’ll be on our way back home.”

I sighed and leaned further into Sergio, letting him tighten his arms around me. I felt like I could go to sleep standing right there and I knew it would be a while before we got on the plane. I was more than ready to go back to Madrid, even if Los Angeles was my home. The team would only be back for a few days before flying to Germany for two pre-season games.

I sighed in relief when the line finally began moving and Margarite was the first one of us that got to check her luggage. We were finally settled in our seats forty-five minutes later and after take-off, my favorite part of the entire ride, I immediately settled into Sergio’s arms.

“You have no idea how happy I am that you’re coming back with me.” Sergio said.

“I’m just as happy as you are. We’ll have a whole house to ourselves, which means no interruptions.” I teased, letting my finger trail down his chest.

“Nena, this is so not the right place for that.” he breathed.

“I love you.” I grinned.

“And I love you. I love every single part of you, even your constant teasing.”

We settled down watching one of the in-air movies and I quickly lost interest. I looked around and focused my eyes on Iker, who was sitting across from us by himself reading a book. He must have felt my eyes on him because he glanced up and sent me a small smile before returning back to his novel. Sergio and I had decided to opt out of telling anyone else about our drama filled night and I was completely fine with that. I knew I was completely happy with Sergio and he was all I wanted in my life. At least, that’s what I had began to think.
♠ ♠ ♠
Flight Outfit
Beverly Hills Hotel
I know this isn't nearly as long as the last chapter but it was necessary to get out there. The next chapter should be out longer but it might not be out until late next week. I'm loving all of the feedback I'm getting from everyone! I can't get over the fact I have 20 subscribers! I would love to hear what you all have to say so far. :) If you have any suggestions feel free to tell me, I have a pretty good idea on where the story's headed but I still wouldn't mind mixing things up a little.