So Easy To Love

012.

"Josh an' yeh make a cute couple," Oliver told me off-handedly the next day. I was working on untangling a few chords side stage about 20 minutes before Bring Me the Horizon was set to go onstage. I was sitting down crossed legged, a serious expression on my face when he sort of snuck up behind me and scared me half to death. I was clutching my chest when he started to laugh lightly and lower himself down to my level. He sat directly across from me, grabbing a few wires himself and beginning to untangle them. "Sorry I scared yeh," he apologized.

"It's no problem," I breathed heavily. "And I'm not dating Josh."

"Yeh looked right cozy wiff 'm las' nigh'," he shrugged.

"We're not dating," I repeated.

"'re yeh sure?" He asked. "Yer always 'round 'm an' he's always touchin' yeh."

"Tom's the same way around me. And so are you and the rest of the boys. And we're all just friends." I pointed out, glancing up at me. He looked up at me too, but only briefly before looking back down at the mess of chords in his tattooed hands.

"I suppose yeh righ'," he nodded.

"And what about you and Lizzie, huh?" I asked, putting on my best fake smile as I nudged him softly. He looked up at me and smiled as well, shaking his head softly.

"She's jus' a bird, yeh know?" He said. "A bit of an airhead anyway," he joked.

"Well you do have a thing for pretty girls who lack in the brains department," I grinned.

"Wha's that supposed ta mean?" He asked playfully.

"That girl you were dating the first tour I did with you guys, that other blonde girl, SJ..." I rambled off. "The only girl that was actually cute and smart and nice that you dated was Amanda."

And that was true. Out of the many girls Oliver had brought back to the bus or actually dated Amanda was by far my favorite. She was sweet as pie, never tried to prove anything to me, and for the most part didn't take Oliver's shit. Of course that meant because I liked her so much, that only made me feel horrible about myself.

"Too bad she kept 'er legs open too wide, yeah?" He asked, a sort of sad half smile of his face. Amanda had cheated on Oliver after they had been dating for almost a year. I had never seen Oliver so upset when he had found out. It nearly broke my heart to see him like that.

"Yeah," I nodded, agreeing with him. We sat in comfortable silence for a short while after that. Amanda was never his favorite subject to talk about and I felt bad for bringing her up knowing that fact. Although, I guess it did give me a slight reassurance that Lizzie meant nothing to him.

"So I was fhinking tha' Josh could maybe sing wiff us on The Sadness. Whaddayeh think?" He asked a few minutes later. My eyes instantly lit up and a huge smile spread across my lips.

"That'd be brilliant!" I yelled, blushing as the British slang left my lips.

"Yeh've been hangin' 'round us too much, eh Blair?" He laughed lightly, his eyebrow cocked slightly.

"I guess so," I shrugged lamely.

"I'm glad yeh do though," he told me sincerely. "Yer a good kid, yeh know? I dun know why yeh would wanna hang ou' wiff a bunch of blokes like us."

"Because I know deep down you're all good guys," I said adamantly.

"I suppose," he shrugged.

"Hey," I said softly, scooting closer to him and touching his arm lightly. "Why are you so upset today?"

"I dunno," he shrugged again. "Jus' one of those days, yeh know?"

I nodded softly and watched as he stood up briskly, dusting himself off once he was standing straight. There was just something about his demeanor that was off today. His body language wasn't the same as it normally was; he lacked that sort of swag he normally radiated. Oliver was never normally liked this, and I wondered if it did have something to do with Amanda. His mood had seemed to taper off once I mentioned her.

"Well just stick around here, okay? You play in 10 minutes," I smiled, hoping he would smile back. When he did I felt my heart flutter and it made me smile even wider.

"Whateva yeh say, Blair."

Tom joined me on stage then and while he teched the drums, I worked with the guitars. I tried hard to ignore the constant screams of our names from the crowd, but sometimes the kids just said the most ridiculous things and I had to smile and laugh.

I imagined most of Bring Me the Horizon's fans thought I was bitchy. Because I wasn't as outgoing or bubbly as a lot of other tour managers, and because I was a girl, I knew people got that vibe off of me. Especially other girls. But my anxiety made it hard to just smile and be friendly with everyone I met. That's not to say I wasn't nice to all of the people who had ever said hi or started a conversation with me, but I knew that most of the time I came off as a bit standoffish. And that was because I was always sizing everybody up. It was a bad habit of mine, and sometimes it upset me to know there were blogs devoted to how much people hated me, but I knew my intentions were all good and that's what got me by.

"All those boys were tryin' ta peek up yeh skirt," Tom told me when we had finally finished with everything. We were both standing side stage waiting for the boys to walk out and start their performance.

"Shut up," I immediately blushed. My outfit of choice today was a simple white tank top and high waisted gold skirt with a black waist band. I usually hated to dress up, especially at Warped Tour, but my clothes were beginning to run low and I hadn't had time to stop at a laundry mat.

"Tha' one kid in tha front row was eyein' yeh real hard," he nudged me in the ribs, smiling as he watched me squirm. "Wha' would Josh hafta say 'bout tha'?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing," I told him flatly. "We're not together."

"Yeh sure?"

"Positive."

"Yeh looked pretty cozy at me burfday party."

"Josh said we should make Oliver jealous," I blurted out. After the words had left my lips I immediately scanned the area where we stood. Sometimes things just came tumbling out of my mouth when I never meant them to leave my head. It was like because I was so meek all the time my conscious sometimes got sick of it and told people what I really thought. I was nervous one of the boys or worse, Oliver himself, had been around when I had told Tom about what Josh had said but I was thankful to find they were still offstage warming up.

"'re yeh serious?" Tom laughed. "'e's jus' tryin' ta get wiff yeh, Blair."

"I told him that," I explained. "And come on, you know me better than that; I wouldn't just make out with Josh to make Oliver jealous," I whispered. "And besides, in order to get someone to be jealous they have to like you first."

"'s a dumb idea," Tom told me flat out.

"I'm agreeing with you," I rolled my eyes. We stood in silence for a few moments and the next thing I knew the band was whizzing past me and Oliver was climbing on the barricades beginning the chat for Dimaonds Aren't Forever.

"My dad's comin' ova' for a week," Tom yelled over the music. And I smiled.

Ian Sykes was the perfection combination of both Oliver and Tom and even though I knew I would be hassled about marrying one of his sons, I was excited to see him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was so a filler it's not even funny. Well, maybe it's a little funny. And I guess some of the stuff in here was important, but don't worry I don't plan on maybe more chapters being fillers. I hate that.
Lemme know what you think!
xoxo.