So Easy To Love

006.

I was awake at my normal time of 7:30am the next morning and felt over the moon and back better than I had yesterday. I all but hopped out of my bunk and quickly and swiftly began making a pot of coffee.

"I'll 'ave mine wiff two sugas." His voice made me jump about a foot in the air and drop the coffee mug I had been holding. My heart beat was pounding in my ears as I watched the black mug shatter against the floor and I only hoped it hadn't woken anyone up. "Oh fuck," he hissed. "'M sorry, Twitchy."

Oliver briskly fell to his knees and crawled over to where the cup had shattered, beginning to pick up the pieces that had been destroyed. I crouched down in sort of a daze and began to help.

"Yeh don't 'ave ta help," he told me.

"No, no," I shook my head, my voice distant. "It's fine."

He cautiously placed his hand on my shoulder, like I was fragile and he was afraid he was going to break me if he pressed down too hard. My eyes flickered up through my bangs to his honey ones. He looked so concerned, and I briefly wondered if yesterday still worried him. But if he hadn't scared me half to death I would have been perfectly normal at that point and time.

"Are yeh okay?" He asked in a soft tone.

"Yeah," I nodded, adding a small smile for effect. "I'm fine. I promise."

He gave me a weary glance but didn't press the issue any further. After we had finished cleaning up the pieces of glass from the broken mug, I completed the pot of coffee and made Oliver's exactly how he liked it. He gave me a grateful smile as I took the seat across from him at the table. He was sitting with a pen in his hand poised over a sheet of torn up notebook paper. They had been finishing up writing and recording a follow up to Suicide Season on Warped, but as far as I was concerned they were almost done with it.

"So yeh like Josh, eh?" He asked me casually.

I nearly spit out my hot coffee all over his face. He thought I liked Josh? Was he being serious? Josh Franceschi? He was nearly three years younger than I was. And yes, although he may have been attractive as far as I was concerned Oliver was the only guy I wanted in my life in that sense. What on earth would make him think I had a thing for Josh?

"What?" I finally sputtered, a blush crawling up my neck. "Why would you think that?"

"'Cause yer blushin' righ' now," he grinned. "'nd yesterday 'e was flirtin' wiff yeh," he raised his eyebrows suggestively. "I fhink 'e might like yeh too."

"I blush all the time," I defended myself. The idea of me ever being romantically involved with Josh Franceschi was absolutely absurd. "And he wasn't flirting with me, he was just being nice because I passed out like a fool."

"Yeh 'ad a look in yer eye when I told him ta let yeh go...it was like yeh were sad or somefhing," he shook his head before he carefully fixed his hair to his liking.

I closed my eyes briefly and almost cursed out loud. The look Oliver had seen, the look he had referenced meant I was upset because I had to leave Josh, that longing look he had caught out of the corner of his gorgeous eyes; that look was me wishing it was him holding me. That look was me being upset because I didn't want him to think I was into Josh. Of course he would misinterpret that look. Of course he would think I had a crush on Josh. Of course.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I stated meekly. "I think you've got the wrong idea," I blushed again.

He smirked at me, like he thought I wasn't being honest with him and nodded anyway, "Okay, Blair," he grinned. "Whateva yeh say."

"Why are you up anyway?" I asked suddenly, desperately hoping to divert his attention elsewhere.

"Couldn't sleep much," he shrugged casually. "I 'ope yeh don't think this is proper creepy or anyfhing like tha' but I kept checkin' on yeh last night."

"Oh," I said slightly caught off guard by his response. I flushed at looked down at my mug of coffee steaming between my tiny hands. "No, that's not creepy."

After I had finished my coffee and avoided all other chances of an awkward conversation involving Josh Franceschi or the fact Oliver cared enough to lose sleep because of me, I rushed to grab the schedule for the day. As I was heading back to the bus, smiling because Bring Me the Horizon's set was one of the last of the day and the boys wouldn't have to wake up early, I heard my name being called. And just as I should have guessed by the English accent, I turned around to see Josh running to catch up with me.

"You walk fast," he smiled.

Although both Bring Me the Horizon and You Me At Six were from England they were both from very different ends of the country and thus had vastly different accents. While Bring Me the Horizon hailed from Sheffield, You Me At Six were from Surrey which was much closer to London. Josh's accent was much more typical when you thought of an English accent; it was more pretty if you will.

"Sorry," I apologized.

"No need to apologize," he said. "I'm jus' glad I'm caught up to you now."

"Oh," I said, down casting my eyes to the ground. "What're you doing out now anyway? It's so early."

"My turn to pick up tha schedule," he said holding up a piece of paper he had rolled up. I laughed lightly at this.

"You guys take turns?" I asked. "I'm always up early getting it and then that's how I decide when to wake everyone up," I giggled.

Josh looked fairly shocked at this statement and smiled brightly, "Maybe you should just manage us too then."

"I've got my hands full already I'm afraid," I smiled.

"Well then maybe you could at least come and spend some time over by our bus," he smiled sheepishly.

"You know, your British accent has no effect on me, right?" I joked, though I blushed right after making my attempt to seem bold just look silly. "I mean, I'm around them so much it just sort of sounds normal now."

"How did I pick the only American girl who isn't affected in the slightest, then?" He smiled.

"I dunno," I shrugged.

"Well I was wonderin' if you could do me a favor, yeah?" Josh asked me.

"Sure," I nodded. I had noticed we had almost reached the buses and I hoped to God Oliver wasn't outside or looking out the window for whatever reason. If he saw me talking with Josh well...that would suck. And then he would jump to more conclusions and that would be terrible.

"Do you think you could ask Oli to come sing wiff us during The Consequence today? I think it would be pretty brilliant," he grinned.

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" I inquired as we finally approached the Bring Me the Horizon bus. "You can come inside just keep your voice down, okay?"

"Do you think he'll say yes?" He asked almost nervously. I laughed lightly and touched his arm reassuringly.

"You already know him, Josh," I said. "It's not like he's gonna ask who you are and then kick you off the bus."

"I guess you're right," he nodded.

"I'll go inside real quick and check to make sure he hasn't fallen asleep since I've been on here last," I told him. Josh nodded and obediently waited outside with his hands shoved in his back pockets. I quickly scurried up the stairs and found Oliver in the same position I had left him in- scribbling in his notebook with his tattooed fingers curled in his dark locks.

"Oliver," I called softly to get his attention. He looked up at me quickly and I think I might have scared him slightly. He was wearing his famous pout and although he did it far too much, he looked completely adorable and I had to fight a dreamy sigh from escaping my lips. "Josh has to ask you something," I said, jutting my thumb over my shoulder.

He grinned as soon as the words left my lips, "Is he askin' fer permission to date yeh?"

"No," I said, my eyes wide. I was completely mortified by his question and didn't know what else to say.

"Are yeh sure?" He pressed on.

"Yes I'm sure," I said, blinking exactly once. "He's just outside. Go talk to him. I have to uh...pee," I stated dumbly as my face flushed yet again and I made a mad dash for the bathroom. I shut the door behind me quickly and although it was small and cramped in there I sat on top of the sink with my knees pressed to my chest and cried.

Because sometimes I just wasn't so good at keeping it all together.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just love this story ok.
And apparently so do 60 of you who subscribed. And I would sure love to hear from some of you who haven't commented this yet! So please, lemme know what you think and lemme know what you think is gonna happen. I love to read your thoughts!
xoxo.