The Tragedy of Human Life

My mind can rest now

Man lives to grief,
To suffer,
and eventually die


Man lives to grief

It is a great tragedy that life is merely a preparation for death. We work our hardest just to afford a decent six foot grave; we build our reputations for our fellow men to remember; we live our lives to the fullest to finally face death.

This leaves us the question of what is the meaning of life. Why do even bother figuring out life if we would be dead anyway? Why do we have to live every single day just to be taken out in a flash? These questions sit at the back of our minds constantly reappearing as we face our everyday demons. We try to find answers but nothing ever comes close. We suddenly become bored, restless and frustrated. We crave for an answer. But life is just one disturbing question and never an answer.

To suffer

Man is condemned to suffer and suffer even more until he withers out of this world. And yet here we go seeking for happiness and a world without suffering. We blind ourselves of the fact that there would never be such a world, that we would always suffer.

But it is a blessing in disguise because never will we really appreciate happiness unless we have suffered. Never do we really reach our goal if we haven’t worked our hardest to get there.

and eventually die

We shall not fear death for it strips us bare of our flaws, mistakes and sufferings leaving our precious memories to live in the hearts of the ones we love.